Current Internet discount for Diamond Plus??

jealdaka

What is the current amount of discount for Diamond Plus? Are there discounts on a package or just so many minutes?

Not sure if it is still on, but I got a 30% discount on my internet package by booking online or phone before the cruise. I'm D+ and got Voom surf package for $109 for a 12 night cruise. If you wait until you are on board, you will not get the 30% discount. You will get your D+ discount though, but will be more expensive than the 30% off.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure if it is still on, but I got a 30% discount on my internet package by booking online or phone before the cruise. I'm D+ and got Voom surf package for $109 for a 12 night cruise. If you wait until you are on board, you will not get the 30% discount. You will get your D+ discount though, but will be more expensive than the 30% off.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello Gwen,

Did Royal discount your D+ benefit off the $109.00 ??

Hello Gwen,

Did Royal discount your D+ benefit off the $109.00 ??

No, you either get the pre-cruise promo, or the D+ discount when purchasing onboard. You cannot combine theD+ discount with the pre-cruise promo price.

• 1 month later...
No, you either get the pre-cruise promo, or the D+ discount when purchasing onboard. You cannot combine theD+ discount with the pre-cruise promo price.

So, If I'm thinking right it's cheaper to do the 30% promo that's going on right now than waiting until I get onboard and purchasing it with my diamond plus discount? Any Thoughts?

So, If I'm thinking right it's cheaper to do the 30% promo that's going on right now than waiting until I get onboard and purchasing it with my diamond plus discount? Any Thoughts?

Depends on the service level and number of devices you purchase. You should be able to figure out how 30% off compares to $40 off a package.

Also, each D+ member gets two free days of unlimited (if you don't take the $40 off), so that may factor into your calculation

Yes, the 30% off is better. You can use your D+ benefits for free days on board so that you can have two devices connected for a good portion of the cruise.

Depends on the # of nights. For example, the daily cost is usually $12.99 for the surf only. If you have 2 D+'s, use one of the coupons the free 1st 24 hrs . The balance can be either be 6 or 5 nights. Therefore, assuming 6 nights, it calculates as follows: 12.99X6=78.00. Applying the other D+ coupon of $39.99 it amounts to $38 for the week. The $39.99 towards the package was what I received on the Aug. 29 Anthem cruise, however, on my previous Oasis cruises I got $59.99 towards the internet package. You have to do your own calculations.

I would only have 1 device at a time and it would be for 7 days. I have my iPhone & My Kindle Fire tablet but I never use them both at the same time. The special right now is Surf & Stream for $11.99 per day.

Would you be able to use coupons from two people?

Just to add to the confusion, we are on the Oasis now and they offered a "cyber Monday" internet special on Day 2. It was $17.99 per day for the surf and stream package if purchased for the remaining 6 days of the cruise (35% off). We were able to apply our D+ coupon so the net cost was only $68.

No clue if it will be offered on future sailings.

Yes !!! Are the coupons for Stream too?

Not sure, but I suspect the coupons are for Surf only.

If you want Stream for 1 device, then the pre-cruise price (with your 30% off) would be $84. The onboard price would be (18*7) - 40 = $86. So very close in price either way.

If you want Stream for 1 device, then the pre-cruise price (with your 30% off) would be $84. The onboard price would be (18*7) - 40 = $86. So very close in price either way.

WoW ....... Thanks for doing all the math for me! Maybe I should just disconnect from it all .... like I did when I first started cruising!!! It was a lot easier! :D

I believe you are correct with this Bob. Our recent cruises on Majesty were Stream level with the D+ C&A benefit.

There was an option to purchase the Surf level and still apply the D+ C&A discount but it was significantly more and I really don't use it for streaming anything while on a cruise.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

On a 7 day cruise....

D+ × 2 = 4 free days. Then just buy the last 3 days. Royal is usually giving a deal at that point.

Unless it's a repositioning cruise there is enough port days that wifi is available that you really never have to purchase it on the ship.

Of course if you HAVE to be online....this wouldn't work.

On a 7 day cruise....

D+ × 2 = 4 free days. Then just buy the last 3 days. Royal is usually giving a deal at that point.

Unless it's a repositioning cruise there is enough port days that wifi is available that you really never have to purchase it on the ship.

Of course if you HAVE to be online....this wouldn't work.

That is how I do it also. I only need internet to check and send emails, so I wait

until day two, get my 4 free days, and if needed....use the discount on the last

day or two. Nice for AT&T users when we port in Puerto Rico or the US Virgins to get

free internet also. ;)

Just to add to the confusion, we are on the Oasis now and they offered a "cyber Monday" internet special on Day 2. It was $17.99 per day for the surf and stream package if purchased for the remaining 6 days of the cruise (35% off). We were able to apply our D+ coupon so the net cost was only $68.

No clue if it will be offered on future sailings.

The $17.99 is the regular price. The Cyber Monday special on Empress was for 1/2 price on the 24 hr Stream package - normally 27.99, was $13.99.