Fleetwood Mac Cruise on Equinox 2018

MeCruise2

Yes but I also know that Billy Burnett was a member of Fleetwood mac for years and is on a sleuth of the albums. The musicians are incredible! I listen to them on You Tube and they blew my mind! Also heard that the company that is putting this on has done music cruises for over 20 yrs on ships and they are known to also bring into 'The' Artists for some of these bands. The music alone will be off the charts so if you love FM or Stevie Nicks, this will be awesome.

Edited by MeCruise2

Actually that comment has no sense what's so at all. There are loads of tribute bands out there for various reasons and to be able to listen to top musicians and artists that make a great career out of it says alot. Apparently you failed to read the musicians background. Some are the musicians of Fleetwood Mac and others have played with them on other sessions. I still say it would be awesome.

actually no. I was just mentioning it to see if others were interested as we are. We've done many music tribute cruises and always found most of them to be great. I can't believe why some would post negative remarks when they haven even heard this group or anything. Geez folks.... if you don't care for a band that dedicates their music to one particular group, that's ok but to knock it makes no sense.

I will sell you tickets to an Elvis Cruise. Elvis will be there in person, so the price is a little high. He said; "He was dying to go."

You must be the mayor of your town. That was cheesy even for you!:eek:

(You forgot the drum beat)

• 3 months later...

So to reply to this 'telephone line' game, I am friends with most of the members of World Turning - the #1 tribute band of Fleetwood Mac. As some of you seem to think you're critics of music (besides cruises), some of the guest musicians were band members of Fleetwood Mac. As with the many other tribute band cruises that are quite successful, this is another one - plain and simple. So there's no ones bubble to burst, no ones thoughts to change, just some great Fleetwood Mac music with awesome musicians. You do know that those Elvis cruises...... Well Elvis is dead in case you thought those tribute music cruises were a bursted bubble. Have a great evening! [emoji41][emoji57][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't Carnival do this type of thing but with the original artists.

I'm sure I read about Lionel Richie performing onboard one of their ships.

If this is true then I wonder why X can't get sone original bands to perform onboard? I'm sure fans would pay big $$$ to get onboard sailings like that.

Not sure what the big deal is. We just had Dec. 63 a week ago on Silhouette (Franki Valli and the 4 seasons tribute band), another cruise we had a Billy Joel clone (both were really good)...why such a ruckus about a Fleetwood Mac tribute band?

No ruckus, but I think people are complaining because the OP pitched it like it was going to be Stevie, Lindsay, Mick, John and Christine, which got them excited only to find it's not.

Plus, we're not talking about the clones that are good enough for cruise ships. This is a group that are charging extra for the package!

We were on the Norwegian Epic a few years ago and one of the shows was 'Legends', which is a tribute show with several artists performing as people like Tina Turner and Michael Jackson. There was no extra charge for it so no complaints (it wasn't very good!).

I have to put my $.02 in here. We have a local bar that routinely gets tribute bands. Most of them are very good. Last year we saw Elton Rohn. Seriously, you could convince yourself it was really him.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

The thread title is misleading and should be altered.

I am a big fan of Celebrity and an even bigger fan of Fleetwood Mac, but have no interest in this cruise.

And by what criteria is "World Turning" the number one Fleetwood Mac tribute band? I have seen their videos as well and not even close. There are several that are better.

So we heard that Celebrity will be having the Fleetwood Mac Cruise in January 2018. When we called them, they didn't know anything about it so we googled it. YEP!!! It's there!!! There is a company that is putting this on the Equinox! Checked into it and we are PSYCHED!!!! They explained that this is a private group that will be on the Equinox and that it is open to all as long as you book the cruise through them. WE'RE IN!! So if anyone else is looking for this, go search it and it will pop up. We spoke with Tami and she took great care in getting us all set. They are also the ones that do Celebrity's Motorcycle Cruises. Really nice people to deal with. If you're going, please let us know. :)

So you "heard" about this cruise or you are affiliated with the travel company putting this on. Why book through this travel company when you can just book through celebrity and save money. Also this is not FM, it is a tribute band that honestly does not sound anything like FM (saw a few of their videos online just to make sure).

So they are a tribute band, what’s the big deal? Now, if you booked this charter and paid the real band price, you might be ticked off. :mad:

For interest, I checked out the prices and the extra cost of booking the charter is negligible.

If you don't like tribute bands, don't go on the cruise or book through X or your own TA and don't attend the performances.

So you "heard" about this cruise or you are affiliated with the travel company putting this on.

I am guessing the former, and I am leaning towards thinking this is a sales pitch and that the thread title is completely misleading and should be changed especially when you combine it with the content of the 1st post.