A change to Neptune & Pinnacle Suite Amenities???

kazu

We received a brochure the other day in the mail from HAL and something strange caught my eye.

From the way it is worded, it sounds like sparkling wine which was only available on embarkation day is going to be available on a regular basis???

I posted on HAL's FB page but so far, no answer.

A typo or a new perk????

Here is the pertinent part on the NS/PS benefits that was in our brochure.

7427dd41bc0bd70e56f1d4f5266b8d3a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kazu

If it's the same quality of what is provided in the cabin upon boarding, not much of a perk🙄

I agree. I don't know that I'd partake even if it is offered daily. I do love their espresso/coffee machine though. Now *that* is a perk.

I agree. I don't know that I'd partake even if it is offered daily. I do love their espresso/coffee machine though. Now *that* is a perk.

Ditto :). Personally, I'd rather they offered happy hour prices from say 5-7 ;)

We haven't gotten any brochures from HAL in many years.

Very interesting.

I do agree -- if it is the Pol Clemente that is served at all events for free -- not much of a perk. We don't drink it and won't drink it.

Pol Clemente is NASTY!!!! But I think it's on its way out. On our last two or three cruises, the sailaway bottle in our room was a different sparkling wine (Duc de Valmer or something like that). It was not fantastic, but it was drinkable. I think that's what they had in the Neptune Lounge on embarkation day last time.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Do suites get a sailaway bottle of sparkling wine? I didn't see that listed on the list of amenities, and was going to order a bottle to have when we embark.

Most of the time we get a bottle in our Neptune cabin. Once we did not but they offered some in the Neptune Lounge.

BY the way, you can normally exchange it for a bottle of house wine or pay the difference for a better bottle.

I reread what Kazu posted -- and it doesn't say that the complimentary sparkling wine is only on embarkation day.

I checked HAL's site any nothing has been updated concerning this.

That's correct, it doesn't. It also doesn't state that it is available throughout the cruise. It also states that you have access to check email, and we all know that this does not mean that you can check your email for free, even though it does not state that there is a fee for internet access.

I don't think you will find any update on HAL's site as nothing as changed to warrant an update.

Edited by cbr663

I have not sailed in a Neptune Suite since the *new* amenities were introduced earlier this year.

This thread reminded me of a question I had about this new amenity:

complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast

I am wondering if what kazu posted might suggest that mimosas would be available in the NL in the mornings?

Also, if the mimosas are available for in-suite dining, it seems they should be available in the PG for breakfast. Has anyone ever asked for a complimentary mimosa in the PG? I enjoy that suite perk on Princess. :D

I have not sailed in a Neptune Suite since the *new* amenities were introduced earlier this year.

This thread reminded me of a question I had about this new amenity:

complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast

I am wondering if what kazu posted might suggest that mimosas would be available in the NL in the mornings?

Also, if the mimosas are available for in-suite dining, it seems they should be available in the PG for breakfast. Has anyone ever asked for a complimentary mimosa in the PG? I enjoy that suite perk on Princess. :D

No, mimosas are not comp in the PG. They're 3.95. Since we had a beverage card, we ordered them almost every morning on our last cruise.

I reread what Kazu posted -- and it doesn't say that the complimentary sparkling wine is only on embarkation day.

I checked HAL's site any nothing has been updated concerning this.

I checked HAL's site too KK and nothing new. In the past they have always specified that the sparkling wine was on embarkation day. It isn't the case this time.

That's correct, it doesn't. It also doesn't state that it is available throughout the cruise. It also states that you have access to check email, and we all know that this does not mean that you can check your email for free, even though it does not state that there is a fee for internet access.

I don't think you will find any update on HAL's site as nothing as changed to warrant an update.

My opening post asked if this could be a typo or a real new perk. Two thoughts...

If this is a typo, bad wording, whatever, HAL should get it fixed. If there is no new perk, then this is misleading IMO. In the past, they have always made it clear that the sparkling wine was on embarkation day. They are using the word complimentary and they are using it in context with every day activities in the Neptune Lounge.

I read this several times and it certainly gives one the impression that there is complimentary sparkling wine available. I feel sorry for anyone booking a NS/PS with this expectation if this is not the case.

HAL can be slow to update it's website so I am wondering if this is a change we will see in 2017? The cruises in the brochure were all in 2017 if my memory serves.

It just seems strange to me as HAL as always been very specific about the sparkling wine in the past ?