ms Zuiderdam Port Everglades Sail-Away - October 19, 2016

Boytjie

Zuiderdam begins the HAL season. Thanks for posting the sailaway info and the arrival pic this morning, Peter. Here's to a safe and enjoyable season for all the Florida based ships. We here on the west coast (Tampa Bay) side are looking forward to the first Vista class ship next month when Oosterdam arrives. Just to be on the safe side, I will be atop the Skyway bridge with an industrial size spray can of lubricant to be sure she slides under it without scraping. :eek:

Zuiderdam begins the HAL season. Thanks for posting the sailaway info and the arrival pic this morning, Peter. Here's to a safe and enjoyable season for all the Florida based ships. We here on the west coast (Tampa Bay) side are looking forward to the first Vista class ship next month when Oosterdam arrives. Just to be on the safe side, I will be atop the Skyway bridge with an industrial size spray can of lubricant to be sure she slides under it without scraping. :eek:

I will be on her when she slides under the bridge.

What are the chances for fog stopping us at that time in November ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are crusing on her Dec 23. Can't wait.

The fog season in Tampa usually is late winter into spring.

There are some great last minute prices on this transatlantic sailing for those with air connections and of course the time and ability.

Unlike the HAL Tampa sailings in years past, the Oosterdam will be cruising in and out on Fridays this coming season rather than on the busier Sundays. The newer and much nicer terminal 3 is to be her Tampa home rather than the smaller terminal 6 that the Ryndam and Veendam used the last 5 or so years.

:)

The fog season in Tampa usually is late winter into spring.

There are some great last minute prices on this transatlantic sailing for those with air connections and of course the time and ability.

Unlike the HAL Tampa sailings in years past, the Oosterdam will be cruising in and out on Fridays this coming season rather than on the busier Sundays. The newer and much nicer terminal 3 is to be her Tampa home rather than the smaller terminal 6 that the Ryndam and Veendam used the last 5 or so years.

:)

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi St Pete Cruiser,

G&G from NW Hillsborough County.

Thanks for the "heads up". We will be sailing on Oosterdam next month and now I can leave my WD 40 at home :D

I will be on top deck when we sail under the bridge. Should I wear a raincoat to protect me from the over spray :eek: