Top Tier event excluding platinum and emerald members now???

I just sailed on Serenade and did not receive my usual paper invitation to the platinum and above top tier C&A loyalty event. We're emerald. I heard from a Diamond member that these top tier events are Diamond and above now. Is this true or was that person speaking out of turn?

Sailed on Oasis last month - still had the top tier event for platinum and above. The "welcome back" reception for all tiers was eliminated.

It is not uncommon to experience a mix up with invites and/or welcome back gifts...etc.

What is the welcome back gift? In the past we've gotten tote bags etc.

On Anthem we received nothing :confused:

It's been years since we received any gifts. Even the kids have not received gifts lately.

Ken, I know when we went Spring Break we were told no more kids gifts. I saw after that they removed from website. I did notice that recently they added on the benefits page on the website that gifts for kids were back for those D and above only:confused: I'll be interested to see if DD gets anything when we go on Liberty.

Edited by Spurschick

Ken, I know when we went Spring Break we were told no more kids gifts. I saw after that they removed from website. I did notice that recently they added on the benefits page on the website that gifts for kids were back for those D and above only:confused: I'll be interested to see if DD gets anything when we go on Liberty.

Thanks Nikki, I hadn't seen that. Let me know how that works out...maybe the kids will get another backpack tote on Allure in January.

Liberty....finally a cruise you don't have to fly to.:)

Thanks Nikki, I hadn't seen that. Let me know how that works out...maybe the kids will get another backpack tote on Allure in January.

Liberty....finally a cruise you don't have to fly to.:)

:D we will let you know. Glad we aren't flying for this one. Hoping you manage to sort your flights for Adventure. Would be great to meet up again. Say hi to Vicki and the kids for us.

Edited by Spurschick

:D we will let you know. Glad we aren't flying for this one. Hoping you manage to sort your flights for Adventure. Would be great to meet up again. Say hi to Vicki and the kids for us.

The last I checked on the flights it could be done but it would mean an 8 hour layover in NYC and our flight would arrive in SJ at 4am the day we sail.:(. I am going to look at some other possibilities as we would really like to go to some different islands. Hi to Graham and Abigail.

It's been years since we received any gifts. Even the kids have not received gifts lately.

I was referring to the current gifts we have been getting as diamond level- choice of water or soda, prepackaged shortbread cookies. Occasionally they bring a fruit plate mid-cruise. D+ get a bottle of wine and some other "non-essentials", but the list has been cut on that as well.

Well, that's a bummer they missed us on the top tier invite on Serenade. We really enjoy those things. The cabin gift was cheap water and some kind of shortbread cracker. I bugged the loyalty ambassador and received some chocolate covered strawberries, we usually get them without asking.

On Anthem we got a pillowtop mattress cover option, but I'm not sure if that's what everyone gets. It was comfy. We also got a bottle of champagne and the strawberries without asking.

Since you were on the cruise, you should have asked and gotten your answer there.

If you look at my OP, I did ask and was told by a Diamond member that Platinum and Emerald were eliminated. I did not receive a clear answer from the loyalty ambassador other than it was in the Compass. I assume she was referring to the Welcome Aboard party and not a top tier event, which would not be in the compass.

If you look at my OP, I did ask and was told by a Diamond member that Platinum and Emerald were eliminated. I did not receive a clear answer from the loyalty ambassador other than it was in the Compass. I assume she was referring to the Welcome Aboard party and not a top tier event, which would not be in the compass.

A diamond member:rolleyes: Same question, diamond members don't run the ship, really

You must not have believed the D member because you are asking here,lol

Edited by setsail

last month on Anthem (as Platinum) we received a cheese and fruit plate as well as a bottle of wine.

I wasn't sure if it was from the TA or from C&A, especially since I didn't think platinum received wine, beer or ??.

I did find out it was from C&A...

We never received our pins but I could careless about that! :eek: (sorry if that offends anyone)

I'm Diamond now so no personal stake but think it would be a big mistake to eliminate the top tier event for Platinum and Emerald. Of course they don't mirror my opinions; I felt eliminating the Welcome Back party was a mistake, it's especially bad if they have nothing for anybody below Diamond. That would be a whole lot of loyalty that goes largely unrewarded.

Notice seems to be very inconsistent. I think I've seen it both as a message on the TV screen on the newer ships and buried in a letter from the Loyalty Ambassador but haven't recently seen a real invitation to any party for some time.

On both my Diamond boardings 10/15 and 6/16 I got shortbread cookies.

Roy

I'm Diamond now so no personal stake but think it would be a big mistake to eliminate the top tier event for Platinum and Emerald. Of course they don't mirror my opinions; I felt eliminating the Welcome Back party was a mistake, it's especially bad if they have nothing for anybody below Diamond. That would be a whole lot of loyalty that goes largely unrewarded.

Notice seems to be very inconsistent. I think I've seen it both as a message on the TV screen on the newer ships and buried in a letter from the Loyalty Ambassador but haven't recently seen a real invitation to any party for some time.

On both my Diamond boardings 10/15 and 6/16 I got shortbread cookies.

Roy

I have to agree. Eliminating Plat and Emerald from Top Tier is a waste. The whole point in event is to hype up the tiers and get people to cruise more to climb the ranks.

Making it only Diamond and Above is just Diamond Lounge event 2.0

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

last month on Anthem (as Platinum) we received a cheese and fruit plate as well as a bottle of wine.

I wasn't sure if it was from the TA or from C&A, especially since I didn't think platinum received wine, beer or ??.

I did find out it was from C&A...

We never received our pins but I could careless about that! :eek: (sorry if that offends anyone)

Not a fan of cheese and fruit plate. It's always warm by the time we discover it. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The last Top Tier party that I attended on the Allure of the Seas, last month, included Platinum and up. It was the Presidents cruise, and the party was held in the theater, and was well received.

I know nothing of Platinum or Emerald being cut off from the parties. Royal Caribbean has stopped holding the "Welcome Back" party, but that only affects Gold members.

We received an invite, but it was also in the daily Compass and a reminder was on the TV.

On another note, I was saddened last week to hear of the passing of the male member of the 3rd top cruisers. May he rest in peace.

Rick