Internet $$$

Sea and Me

We will be on the Royal in Nov. and I was wondering about the Internet packages. I can't remember if they offer a "deal" once your on board. I always purchase a package to keep in touch with family at home. If anyone knows the prices once on board would you be so kind to let me know.

Thank you.

We will be on the Royal in Nov. and I was wondering about the Internet packages. I can't remember if they offer a "deal" once your on board. I always purchase a package to keep in touch with family at home. If anyone knows the prices once on board would you be so kind to let me know.

Thank you.

Have never seen a 'deal' once on board. Believe you can get additional mins. if you pre-purchase in the cruise personalizer. But, if you have lots of OBC's these can not be used to pre-purchase.

The best pricing is to pre-purchase in your personalizer because you get twice as many bonus minutes as you will be offered once onboard. Unless you are platinum/elite or want to use OBC. In that case, purchase any extra minutes when you first log in.

Does anyone know how much it is to buy extra minutes when you're platinum please? My dad is platinum and says I can share his minutes but I'd like to buy him some more to add on.

Thanks

Watch your minutes!! My Mom is Elite, and never signed on and her account went from 250 to 120 overnight. I watched our "Free" 250 minutes, and when logged on for 18 minutes, got debited 38 minutes. We didn't need all our minutes on this cruise, so I didn't bother bringing it up at the time. I did write to Princess and showed them the screen shots I took that showed the rip off of minutes. This was on the Crown, and hopefully it was ship specific.

Just looked through the Patters I had from our 10 day Sea of Cortez cruise 09/25 on the Crown.

Embarcation special= buy any plan and get 40 extra minutes..Was extended for 3 days.

Last Day Internet special= 15 mins for $8.99.

How many free minutes can you get if you are Elite and Platinum guests.?

And are they per person or per cabin?

Thanks,:):):):):)

Mklions

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page#Platinum

Complimentary Internet Credit#

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATION MINUTES

7 days or less 150

8-20 days 250

21+ days 500

Same perk for Platinum or Elite. Each person in the cabin who is Platinum or higher get the free minutes. All internet packages, whether benefit or purchased, belong to the individual not the cabin.

We have never purchased an internet package before, but are considering it on an upcoming 12 day cruise to British Isles. This would be for using my iPad in the cabin...and we have an aft suite. Will connection be an issue? Will I need to go somewhere else on the ship to get a faster connection?

I am Platinum and have gotten 250 free minutes the past couple of cruises.

Our cabin was forward and I never had a problem with internet connection.

I use the Gmail app and I can just turn on the wifi for a couple of minutes and let my email download. Then I sign off the wifi and can read and reply to my email off line.

When ready I sign on again and everything in my outbox gets sent. So I am on wifi just a couple of minutes. Only towards the end of the cruise, when I have a bunch left, do I start browsing.

We have never purchased an internet package before, but are considering it on an upcoming 12 day cruise to British Isles. This would be for using my iPad in the cabin...and we have an aft suite. Will connection be an issue? Will I need to go somewhere else on the ship to get a faster connection?

I have a iPad Pro and it worked in my cabin and all over the ship with no problems at all. I was on the Royal Princess if it matters?

Tony

How many free minutes can you get if you are Elite and Platinum guests.?

And are they per person or per cabin?

Thanks,:):):):):)

Mklions

Free minutes are per person, not per cabin. But another can share with the free minutes, one at a time, by using the same user account.

Does anyone know how much it is to buy extra minutes when you're platinum please? My dad is platinum and says I can share his minutes but I'd like to buy him some more to add on.

Thanks

The first time your Dad signs on to get his free package, he will be offered the opportunity to buy additional minutes at a reduced cost. Buying additional minutes after that opportunity will cost more.

So, if you want to buy your Dad more minutes, ask him to purchase them when he first signs on and to let you know how much $$ you owe him.

DH bought extra minutes on one of our cruises after becoming Platinum. I think it was $25 for an extra 100 minutes, giving him 250 minutes for the week. That worked out to be enough for him to keep in touch with work. (He taught at a community college and needed to be accessible since our cruise was during a break in the semester, not between semesters.)

Now that he's retired, he won't need to purchase any additional minutes. The ones we get are enough to keep in touch with friends and family.

The first time your Dad signs on to get his free package, he will be offered the opportunity to buy additional minutes at a reduced cost. Buying additional minutes after that opportunity will cost more.

So, if you want to buy your Dad more minutes, ask him to purchase them when he first signs on and to let you know how much $$ you owe him.

Brilliant, thank you :)

We have a 27 day cruise next Sept. We're both platinum so we each get 500 minutes. I booked it as one 27 day cruise, but I see on our roll call that some have booked segments. I didn't even know that it could be in segments until the roll call. I hope I'm correct that our booking is considered one 27 day, not 3 segments. I was looking forward to using my and my husband's internet minutes. Thanks for any info. While on the subject, will the internet cafe personnel help me in using the minutes that are in my husband's name? He has no interest in using them. Thanks twice. :)

1965, it won't matter either way in your case. Your 27 day cruise could also have been booked as two segments of 12 and 15 days each. Cruises of 8-20 days get 250 minutes each, so you are at 500 minutes total. But if you are booked on one booking number, then yes, you will get your minutes all at the beginning.

As for using your husband's minutes, all you need to do is set up the account/log-in in his place and then you can use his minutes after yours are gone. If you can get yourself logged in there is no need to get the Internet staff involved...they don't care which of you actually sets up the account or uses the minutes.

The first time you log onto the Internet you are offered a one time opportunity to purchase additional minutes at a reduced price.

My 7 day cruise was 150 free minutes and

100 additional minutes for $25. (Total 250 minutes)

200 additional minutes for $40. (Total 350 minutes)