Weight limit on North Star?

I was making reservations of my upcoming Anthem cruise. I didn't realize this, but I guess there is a weight limit for the North Star? My husband doesn't make the cut. I feel bad because he was really looking forward to it. Not really a question, just wanted to share this info in case it would help anyone else. I reserved a spot for my son and I still....but I'm sad we won't be able to do it as a family.

I was making reservations of my upcoming Anthem cruise. I didn't realize this, but I guess there is a weight limit for the North Star? My husband doesn't make the cut. I feel bad because he was really looking forward to it. Not really a question, just wanted to share this info in case it would help anyone else. I reserved a spot for my son and I still....but I'm sad we won't be able to do it as a family.

I don't remember any weight limit on Northstar, only I-Fly. With Northstar they can just take less people and balance out the weight.

Try walking by late afternoon before dinner on boarding day, we did any no one was there. The three of us did it alone and still had our reservation.

Worth a try..........also wheelchairs are allowed and they can be quite heavy, they never asked about that.

Good luck and have a nice cruise :)

There is a weight limit, I think I read 300 lbs on the sign. I recall hearing it was in case the Northstar needed to be evacuated by rope and harness.

Good post, not sure its right, but it sounds locigal.

We were trapped on a tower at an amusement park and people had to be hand cranked down.

There is a weight limit, I think I read 300 lbs on the sign. I recall hearing it was in case the Northstar needed to be evacuated by rope and harness.

I still do not understand the height/weight limit. It's like you're not going to hit your head, and with weight, you can take one less person.

What about people in wheelchairs? The chair weighs as much a a little person, and how are they supposed to get off in case of emergency?

I still do not understand the height/weight limit. It's like you're not going to hit your head, and with weight, you can take one less person.

What about people in wheelchairs? The chair weighs as much a a little person, and how are they supposed to get off in case of emergency?

The person in the chair can be put in the harness and lowered without the chair, so for an emergency evacuation the weight of the wheel chair is immaterial.

Hi :)

The weight limit per person for Northstar is 300 lbs. See below..

PicsArt_10-03-03.50.25_zpsvnt76ehr.jpg

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I am curious about this also. I am right on the line at 230 and depending if they go flat footed or in shoes, I am either right at 5'11" or 6'.

I read one post where IFly had a 230 limit on someone under 6' and those 6' and other, 250.

I don't see any problem with you on the Northstar.

The above limits on I-FLY are true. You must be weighed with closed toe shoes.

They weigh everyone. DH and I rode in April and he now knows how much I weigh :rolleyes:

The weight limit isn't for Northstar itself. It's for the harness they have to use if they have to evacuate it while it's elevated.

Edited by BND

They weigh everyone. DH and I rode in April and he now knows how much I weigh :rolleyes:

The weight limit isn't for Northstar itself. It's for the harness they have to use if they have to evacuate it while it's elevated.

I read they only weigh you if someone in the group looks like they might exceed the limits. Then everybody gets weighed so as not to single them out. Or maybe that was iFly

I read they only weigh you if someone in the group looks like they might exceed the limits. Then everybody gets weighed so as not to single them out. Or maybe that was iFly

When we went, they weighed everyone. DH and I are nowhere near the max. And, no one in our group was either.

Edited by BND

When we went, they weighed everyone. DH and I are nowhere near the max. And, no one in our group was either.

Nobody in our group was weighed for the ifly in August. Didn't see anyone weighed while we were there. Maybe it depends on who is working in that area at the time?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

not really

That is not how it was done when I was on Anthem. Everyone was weighed when they joined the line for North Star, the attendant did not wait for everyone to show and then weigh them.

That is not how it was done when I was on Anthem. Everyone was weighed when they joined the line for North Star, the attendant did not wait for everyone to show and then weigh them.

Might depend on the worker, we weren't weighed for either ifly or north star on anthem last August

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app