Will 22 year olds enjoy 6 day Caribbean?

sunshineminnie

I am needing some advice on an upcoming college senior graduation trip. I am mostly wondering if the 22 year olds will be happy and have fun on a Celebrity cruise or if they will be too young. The cruise we are looking at is the 6 day western Caribbean aboard the Reflection, Jan, 2018.

Myself, daughter (who will be 22 at sailing time) her best friend (also 22) and her mom and I would like to go on one more mom and daughter trip to celebrate college graduation and before the girls start "adulting" and we will have a challenge trying to get together.

The girls really wanted to do a Disney cruise but their itineraries came out this week and they are too high for our budget. My daughter and I have cruised Disney with our family and I have cruised Royal Caribbean with a friend. The only cruise I could find that fit our dates and budget was the Celebrity one. I know that my friend and I would love it, but am worried that the crowd will be too old for the girls.

The girls are pretty mature for their age, and are pretty easy going. Although they go to parties, they don't really get into the big party scene and have a lot of fun playing volleyball and hosting game nights for their friends. They are also content to chill out and read by a pool and do spa stuff.

The four of us travel together well except of the fact that the two friends love to shop and my kid and I don't. This is why we thought that a cruise might be ideal because we can have fun together time and my kid and I can dive on port days while they go shopping.

I'm not worried about the port days, but this cruise has two sea days. Are there things for 20 somethings to do? Will they feel bored? What is the night life like if they do want to go dancing and such?

Our other alternative is to just go to one of the caribbean islands.

I will welcome all opinions as I am not familiar with Celebrity at all.

Thanks in advance!

I am needing some advice on an upcoming college senior graduation trip. I am mostly wondering if the 22 year olds will be happy and have fun on a Celebrity cruise or if they will be too young. The cruise we are looking at is the 6 day western Caribbean aboard the Reflection, Jan, 2018.

Myself, daughter (who will be 22 at sailing time) her best friend (also 22) and her mom and I would like to go on one more mom and daughter trip to celebrate college graduation and before the girls start "adulting" and we will have a challenge trying to get together.

The girls really wanted to do a Disney cruise but their itineraries came out this week and they are too high for our budget. My daughter and I have cruised Disney with our family and I have cruised Royal Caribbean with a friend. The only cruise I could find that fit our dates and budget was the Celebrity one. I know that my friend and I would love it, but am worried that the crowd will be too old for the girls.

The girls are pretty mature for their age, and are pretty easy going. Although they go to parties, they don't really get into the big party scene and have a lot of fun playing volleyball and hosting game nights for their friends. They are also content to chill out and read by a pool and do spa stuff.

The four of us travel together well except of the fact that the two friends love to shop and my kid and I don't. This is why we thought that a cruise might be ideal because we can have fun together time and my kid and I can dive on port days while they go shopping.

I'm not worried about the port days, but this cruise has two sea days. Are there things for 20 somethings to do? Will they feel bored? What is the night life like if they do want to go dancing and such?

Our other alternative is to just go to one of the caribbean islands.

I will welcome all opinions as I am not familiar with Celebrity at all.

Thanks in advance!

True, most Celebrity cruises are filled with retired seniors. We take 14 day cruises most of the time and only have done one Caribbean, but we have noticed on shorter cruises that there are more young people.

I don't know what your 22 year olds are interested in, but with only two sea days, just relaxing at the pool, visiting the fitness center, spa or enjoying the entertainment should not be a problem.

I have never taken a Disney cruise, but my Step Son and his family did. To me 22 year olds would have grown out of Disney.

Celebrity is best described as smooth and more refined, but not boring. There are activities like trivia, bingo, wine tasting and more.

I think you will have a good time on this trip. We'll be on this cruise and we have always had a good time on Celebrity's shorter Caribbean cruises. The longer the cruise, the older the crowd. Also the destinations of this cruise (Key West, Cozumel and Grand Cayman) are fun places. Give it a try. I think you will enjoy.....

Phil.........floridacruisers

True, most Celebrity cruises are filled with retired seniors. We take 14 day cruises most of the time and only have done one Caribbean, but we have noticed on shorter cruises that there are more young people.

We've been on 5 Celebrity cruises and never found that to be the case! As with any cruise, much depends on the itinerary. If you do a 14 day cruise on any line, not just Celebrity, you'll likely find a high proportion of retired seniors, as those are the ones who can most easily take 2 weeks of vacation at a time. Celebrity offers many 6-8 day cruises and if you go on one of those you'll probably find a wide variety of ages, as we have found on our 5 Celebrity cruises.

I took my two nieces this year (18 & 22) on the Summit this past March. Of course this was their first cruise & only 1 sea day but they had a blast. We were out dancing every night until 2am. In January you may have a slightly older crowd but we got plenty of the ones people may not think would like to dance out on the dance floor. Can't judge people by their age, it's just a number. Just because their age is increased doesn't mean they don't like to let loose & have fun.

Now the 22year old got engaged this summer & wants to do a cruise for their honeymoon & would prefer Celebrity over some of the others geared for younger crowds due to the slightly smaller ships, food (she is gluten free & loved their attention to detail), not crowded but still able to dance & have fun. Loved the martini bar & her first experience drinking a martini.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since there are only 2 sea days then just chilling out would no doubt be fine. On the other days,they can go to a beach. As for night life,I would imagine there are some in that age group to mingle with. Frankly, RCL would be a better choice for that age group.Not as party-like as Carnival but more active than X.

I'd book without giving it a second thought. Tons of activities aboard that they can participate in, including pool volleyball. I've seen lots of young adults on my Celebrity cruises and they all looked like they were enjoying themselves.

Don't overthink it. Right itinerary, right dates, right price, right cruise line, right ship...

I think they would have a great time ... but only because it is not during the school year and it is a relatively short cruise. If you are really worried, maybe you can find a Royal Caribbean itinerary that would fit the bill. However, we went on a B2B Holland America cruise (2 seven night cruises) and it will filled with people in their 20's. HAL is known for all their seniors but this wasn't the case. So, I really do think they would be ok on Celebrity.

They will love it. Took my 25 yr old son and 22 yr old daughter on a Alaska 8 day and they loved it so much we went on a 10 day on the Equinox later that year. They are both hooked and when we were in Cancun last February all they could talk about was going on there next cruise. Now both graduated so on there own. Bank of dad is now closed [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We took our daughter when she was 22 as an early graduation present during her last spring break. I was a 5 day Western Caribbean and she loved it!There were a number of college age kids around but she pretty much stayed with us. On sea days, she and her dad followed all of the trivia games and she loved the karaoke. She did spend time out by the pool and of course, loved the alcohol package! Since your daughter will have her friend with her, I think they will love Celebrity!

I'm not worried about the port days, but this cruise has two sea days. Are there things for 20 somethings to do? Will they feel bored? What is the night life like if they do want to go dancing and such?!

The Refelection is the right ship. We were on 7 night eastern and there were plenty of young adults 20-30. They have a late night dance event in the Solarium with a SOBE feel they will love. When I was 22-poolside with my BFF and a spa/fitness visits would be a dream day!

I'm not as sure as the other posters. These 22 year olds are supposed to be mature but WANTED a Disney cruise? Celebrity couldn't be further away from Disney, except for maybe HAL. I would hate to have them disappointed that there aren't any characters parading around.

I guess I should clarify. They wanted a Disney cruise because I told them how much I loved the private adult areas and the Rain room, heated tile loungers, private adult beach and such. Plus, they do love Disney! They have grown up watching all of the movies together, enjoy theater and would love the shows. It is fun to be a kid sometimes too! Heck, I stood in line for a picture with the mouse during the race when I ran the Disney Marathon! :D

Thanks everyone for your advice. Everyone sounds really positive that they would enjoy the experience. I will certainly look into it!

Are you saying they would not enjoy being with us older folk? LOL! Seriously the Caribbean itineraries on Celebrity are a little more vibrant. We were on Reflection out of Miami last November. Lots of young people and a lot of night life.

Are you saying they would not enjoy being with us older folk? LOL! Seriously the Caribbean itineraries on Celebrity are a little more vibrant. We were on Reflection out of Miami last November. Lots of young people and a lot of night life.

Lol.... they love us old people too!:o Sounds like this may actually be the perfect cruise for them. The dates work, the itinerary awesome and they are good at finding fun at whatever the do! Thanks so much for the advice. I feel much better about this cruise now!

No one knows your daughter and friend....so any comments you read here are almost irrelevant to your question. Some 22 YO's would be happy sitting, reading, relaxing alone. Others require constant activities. For some, if they meet someone of the opposite sex that can make or break the trip.

Celebrity offers a bit of everything...as do all the cruise lines....and every cruise on every cruise line is different.

I think the key is if your daughter and friend go on the cruise with no fixed expectations and look forward to enjoying it....they will most likely have a great time.

Went on a 7 day Reflection Caribbean cruise with my two 20-something daughters and they had a blast. After a few Mudslides and Bon Voyages and laying out out in the peaceful Solarium they'll be very happy. And don't forget the fabulous food. Yum. Don't miss late afternoon having drinks at the Sunset Bar watching the wake of the ship. Memorable. How anyone can be bored just being at sea surrounded by sea air and sunshine is beyond me.

And anyway: Believe me, those 70-something seniors put this fifty something guy to shame. HAL and Celebrity seniors; They know how to live.

I disagree that most Celebrity cruises are filled with retired seniors! That statement does have a ring of truth for the longer cruises (10+ days), but definitely not for the shorter ones. Yes, it is overall an older crowd than Carnival or Royal Caribbean but a six day cruise will have its share of young people. My son cruised with us on Celebrity since he was 3 (he is now 30) and he always loved it. Unless they are party animals (and you say they are not) they should be fine. Even young people like to chill out and relax and be pampered sometimes.

I recall that it wasn't so long ago that everyone seemed to be up in arms on the Celebrity board because ::gasp:: they were playing loud music in the Centrum every night and everyone was whining that X must be targeting a younger demographic. So there's that. ;)

Just took a summit cruise with 20 something daughter and 30 something niece. It was daughters first cruise. She enjoyed herself but did say she would have preferred more port days. I'm sure they will be happy laying by the pool and having drinks and dancing as the girls did with us. Enjoy. You can't go wrong.