Nassau, get off or stay on?

I'd probably not do anything in Nassau, but just get off for like an hour. Get a margarita yard at Senor Frogs and talk a walk down Bay Street to see the shops, buy a souvenir and get back on the ship.

Edited by adjjb12

Amazing how people think Nassau is dangerous... IF you stay to the tourist locations which I don't know why you wouldn't the danger does not exist... Then again a lot of you aren't from New York I take it either... Just ignore the homeless and peddlers... That's what I do...

If you've never been there before, get off, walk around, stretch your legs, see if you can find any nice t-shirts or other souvenirs, maybe go to Senior Frogs (but only for the antics, not the drinks). Once you have been there, you get all the comments about not getting off. If you've been there, you know all this, so you know what to do.

have fun

ML

Going on the Harmony this weekend, short three night trip to Nassau, short but still can't wait.

I havnt been to Nassau in years, Would you get off the boat or stay on? What would you do in Nassau?

Just got back from my 8th visit there. Quick question, how long is she in port on this pre-normal routine stop?

The problem with Nassau is getting back onto the ship and having to get through the pawing and groping masses back through customs. :eek: Not worth the effort IMO.

I don't know why Nassau cannot fix that mess. No other ports have this bottle neck of people trying to get back onto the piers.

The problem with Nassau is getting back onto the ship and having to get through the pawing and groping masses back through customs. :eek: Not worth the effort IMO.

We have visited Nassau 35 times since 2009.... Probably gone ashore half of those times... Sometime just a quick walk over to Sr. Frogs for a Margarita and Lunch...

Neither my wife or I have every been Pawed or Groped in Nassau. And they do not have a CUSTOMS check... Just port security that does a quick look at you seapass card and a photo id (drivers license).

Dennis & Sue

Just disembarked from the Grandeur in Baltimore two hours ago. We overnighted in Nassau because it was too windy to tender in Coco Cay. Went ashore both days. People were pleasant everywhere although vendors in straw market are persistent (nothing much worthwhile there other than the wood carvers). As previously stated, no customs headed to the ship, just port security. We had four ships in port but only two security checks that were rather cursory. Enjoy Nassua if you've not been there before or recently. Loved our little Lady G. (Grandeur OTS).

I don't know why Nassau cannot fix that mess. No other ports have this bottle neck of people trying to get back onto the piers.

This is one good thing about Oasis and Allure (on previous schedules) departing earlier, less people coming back to the ship at 1-2pm. I thought NCL Sky was supposed to be in port with us, but 2 weeks ago Majesty was the only ship on a Wednesday, and it was no lines. I have been there with 4 other ships. To the OP, that might be a point to consider, how many other ships in port?