Worst customer service ever!

CaptnG

My husband also has the Select Package purchased for our Mar. 3, 2017 cruise. We did this early after booking in June.

I called when the drink packages were changed to fewer choices and Select was no longer listed. I was told my husband will be able to use it on our cruise. We have some concerns that all the wine choices will be priced above what the Select package offers, but there is nothing we can do about it.

I don't know why they did not add a wine/beer package like Select when they changed the drink packages.

Royal Caribbean announced recently that all Select Package people will be automatically upgraded to the Deluxe package on board, so no need to worry about the prices.

You can search on here because Royal Caribbean themselves actually posted this, and they also posted it on their Twitter and FB I believe. It was because they had a big snafu in offering free Select packages to UK customers who were told they could upgrade onboard for a certain price, but then the packages changed and the prices went up, and there was a major uproar. RC fixed it by offering free upgrades to everyone with old packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal Caribbean announced recently that all Select Package people will be automatically upgraded to the Deluxe package on board, so no need to worry about the prices. ...

I've been gone for a while, so maybe I missed something, but I thought the Premium packages were automatically upgraded to Deluxe, but those with the Select package had to pay $10 per day to upgrade to Deluxe.

Royal Caribbean announced recently that all Select Package people will be automatically upgraded to the Deluxe package on board, so no need to worry about the prices.

You can search on here because Royal Caribbean themselves actually posted this, and they also posted it on their Twitter and FB I believe. It was because they had a big snafu in offering free Select packages to UK customers who were told they could upgrade onboard for a certain price, but then the packages changed and the prices went up, and there was a major uproar. RC fixed it by offering free upgrades to everyone with old packages.

We had the PP. Our SeaPass indicated PP but we were able to use as DP. We got the coffees at no charge. I booked out as far as I could using the PP. I believe they will be upgraded to DP at no charge.

I've been gone for a while, so maybe I missed something, but I thought the Premium packages were automatically upgraded to Deluxe, but those with the Select package had to pay $10 per day to upgrade to Deluxe.

You might be right, now I can't recall exactly because there was so much discussion about all the different scenarios being offered to people. I can't find the threads in my search function, but now that you mention it I think you're right. They were originally going to get the upgrade for $30/day but it got reduced to $10/day and extended to US (and other non UK) customers as well. The Premium Package was a free upgrade. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

I was writing my post when yours was posted..as I stated in my previous post I have been referred to this email before. FYI..my sister was telling me this a.m. that she was having problems with the web site yesterday and several of her excursions dropped.

I don't recall if you told us when your cruise was, but if it is in a few months, I would just sit tight. I have every confidence it will be settled to your satisfaction.

Don't feel bad about missing the first reps name......as you said your call was unrelated to the error.....and by all means a 100. is a 100.,if it was 20 I wouldn't let it slide, it's the principle right;) actually it's not the principle they made the error and they need to make good on it. Plain and simple.....!!!!!!!

Unfortunately you have to spin your time and effort to make it good and you won't be compensated but that's life.

You said that you'd emailed customer relations a few times, I was wondering how long on average before they respond? It's been 2 days now and I haven't heard anything yet, so I was considering calling again, but If you think a few days before a response is normal then I'll just hold off to avoid any extra frustration.

Thanks again for all your advice!

You said that you'd emailed customer relations a few times, I was wondering how long on average before they respond? It's been 2 days now and I haven't heard anything yet, so I was considering calling again, but If you think a few days before a response is normal then I'll just hold off to avoid any extra frustration.

Weeks, months, sometimes never. :rolleyes:

You really should consider trying the other emails that have been posted on this thread.

Best of luck. :)

I would call the 1-800# and be asked to be transferred to resolutions. They filter those calls and don't publish the phone number and will sometimes tell people no. So, if don't transfer you because they don't think your issue qualifies, then use one of the numbers people have shared on here for that dept. If you can't find them, respond to this and let me know because I have a number and an email address of a resolutions person I worked with before who did a lot of back end work to help resolve an issue I had and I will private message it to you. I think if we share that info too often on here the numbers will just get changed and not work anymore and most of the complaints I see on here are from people who would abuse those numbers just to complain about how bad the food was in the MDR, and that is why RC customer service filters the calls, but if they tell you no I would give it to you anyway because I believe the guy I worked with would find your issue legitimate and he has a way to credit you to make up for it, he did something similar for me and it took him a long time to figure out, but he did it.

I think it depends when your cruise is......if it is 2or 3 months then I would wait a week if it is next month, I would call. One way or another you will will get ur $100.

Now there still is the problem where you did not get to book your excursions.....right? Make sure to know what excursions you want, so if u call or they do, be prepared as they should make right on that too.

I will tell you how they resolved my sister's situation Wednesday regarding her excursions.....crazy but it was the best they could do because of their computer system so she was told.

She was booking 3 excursions on line, when she went into her cart to pay, the rate increased. She waited on hold like you, finally getting a rep totally incompetent and rude, like yours, she accidentally hung up on him cause she was doing work while waiting. She called again,waited, got another rep was sent to resolutions...finally got a very nice woman, who stated she would actually go back and listen to the recording of the rude rep as she was appalled by my sister's treatment.

But this is how it was handled $$ wise....She actually increased the cost of my sister cruise fare and then removed the amount so she could give her a credit card refund....crazy huh....she did send her a new invoice showing this. I joked with her that if she cancelled the excursions she could make out....think about it.

I do remember years ago, when we had to pay fuel surcharges for a few months, that X(celebrity, used same rep as RCI)

refunded we $268. and so did my Travel Agent...I remembering questioning it and X told me to keep it...this was over 10 years ago and RCI nor X, have gotten it together yet. I've cruise RCI 4 times this year, after a 5 year, my most recent 3 weeks ago.

It was a cruise to the Galapagos so the fuel charges were steep...so wonderful to get a double refund.

Hope this helps.....

Edited by land lover

as usual I always decide to write more after I post and then I get hit by my 20 min. limit and I noticed I deleted hiatus, when changing my post.

I was just thinking if you have not paid for your excursions yet there will be a problem, making a refund...so my sister's situation would not apply.

I truly believe once you or they make contact, your concern will be settled to your satisfaction, overall I have always found RCI to be reasonable and fair.

Good Luck..and have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your upgraded the drink package.

Edited by land lover

OP...as others suggested sending your original email to another address saying 2nd request in the subject line might be beneficial. But dealing with them in the last year, I still believe all emails will end up with the same group of resolution reps, which now if I remember from what my sister told me are all at the Oregon Location. Yes, RCI has call centers not only in Miami but Kansas and Oregon too.

I don't think many calls are really recorded. Many times I have had customer service issues on the phone and there's no recording and no notes about who I spoke to. Because of that I have learned to write down dates, times, names etc of everyone I speak to, especially if I'm trying to resolve an issue. If they make me a promise or an offer of some sort then I request an email that either updates my invoice or documents the conversation. If they can't send an email, then I ask for their email address and send them an email recapping our "deal" because they either have to refute the deal in writing, or they are agreeing to it.

I also used to have a little pocket recorder that I bought specifically because I had an ongoing issue I was trying to resolve where the person I was dealing with was so rude that I felt the need to record all further interaction with her. I would put the phone on speaker and just record the whole conversation. I caught her several times being nasty with me and one time she even hung up on me. I took the recording straight to her manager and I never dealt with that woman again, and my issue was resolved immediately. Some states don't allow you to do this without notifying the person on the other end of the phone, but in my state that is not a requirement.

You can get an app on your phone (at least for Android) that records every conversation. Also, let the agent know you are recording - I usually say "Just as you are recording this call, so am I".

Edited by Host Jacquelyn

I also think you should be using the other e-mail addresses that have been posted here. I have used mbayley@rccl.com twice and was contacted by phone the next day. Both times I was quite satisfied with the outcome.

I sent an email to mbayley yesterday explaining how I made reservations for 20% off at Sabor during their sale and they somehow cancelled it and I had to rebook it for the full price of $30 per person. I told them that I received a confirmation of my reservation and my credit card had been charged but their Planner department was less than sympathetic. Haven't heard back yet but I'm hoping this can be resolved

My experience: I had some problems on a recent cruise. I had never emailed before, but I was so annoyed, I decided to write a short letter.

Someone had posted the addresses below. I picked two (royal guest relations and mbayley, iirc...) and sent my emails. I got a couple of form letters back, and I really didn't think they were paying attention, but about 2 weeks later, I got a very nice response, with generous fcc included.

So don't be impatient, but be persistent. Good luck!

reservationroyal2@rccl.com

RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com

Jvilchez@rccl.com

mbayley@rccl.com

AGoldstein@rccl.com

Crownandanchor@rccl.com

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

I think it depends when your cruise is......if it is 2or 3 months then I would wait a week if it is next month, I would call. One way or another you will will get ur $100.

Now there still is the problem where you did not get to book your excursions.....right? Make sure to know what excursions you want, so if u call or they do, be prepared as they should make right on that too.

I will tell you how they resolved my sister's situation Wednesday regarding her excursions.....crazy but it was the best they could do because of their computer system so she was told.

She was booking 3 excursions on line, when she went into her cart to pay, the rate increased. She waited on hold like you, finally getting a rep totally incompetent and rude, like yours, she accidentally hung up on him cause she was doing work while waiting. She called again,waited, got another rep was sent to resolutions...finally got a very nice woman, who stated she would actually go back and listen to the recording of the rude rep as she was appalled by my sister's treatment.

But this is how it was handled $$ wise....She actually increased the cost of my sister cruise fare and then removed the amount so she could give her a credit card refund....crazy huh....she did send her a new invoice showing this. I joked with her that if she cancelled the excursions she could make out....think about it.

I do remember years ago, when we had to pay fuel surcharges for a few months, that X(celebrity, used same rep as RCI)

refunded we $268. and so did my Travel Agent...I remembering questioning it and X told me to keep it...this was over 10 years ago and RCI nor X, have gotten it together yet. I've cruise RCI 4 times this year, after a 5 year, my most recent 3 weeks ago.

It was a cruise to the Galapagos so the fuel charges were steep...so wonderful to get a double refund.

Hope this helps.....

They did something similar for my issue. They accidentally re-priced my cruise and couldn't give me the old rate. Resolutions had to override the price on the back end and made my cruise cost $1/person and then charged me "miscellaneous fees" equal to the old price of the cruise. I also got some on board credit to make up for being overcharged because they couldn't refund my credit card after they did the override because they can't refund more money than the cost of the cruise is showing. So, kind of like your situation where they charged you more in order to be able to give you a refund. But in my case they gave it in OBC. It can be done.

You should (and probably will) get your $100 back.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I have started another thread about what just happened to me but here it is again...I just noticed a credit back to my credit card for an internet package I purchased a couple of months ago. I called to see why this was cancelled and credited back to my card and they said it must have been some kind of computer glitch and I should just re-book it on the website. Well it turns out that that package is no longer available and to re-book with the new package it will cost about $25 more. I called back to customer service and now they are telling me that I cancelled it on their website and there is nothing they can do about it and I have to re-book it at the higher price. Why would I be calling about it if I cancelled it? I asked to talk to a supervisor and have now been on hold for over 30 minutes. I can afford the $25 bucks but it's not right to cancel peoples reservations and make them pay more to re-book them. If they do that 1000 times they just made an additional $25000. What a crock