Shareholder credit and Fidelity statements

Cobra427SC

I've had the hardest time getting my CCL shareholder OBC for our up and coming cruise on the Regal, just after T-Giving from FLL. My brokerage statements are from Fidelity and weirdly, the page that shows proof that I own CCL stock doesn't have my name on it anywhere....only the account number. Princess has rejected my faxes 4 or 5 times because I hand wrote my name on the xerox of the statement (other holding redacted). Finally in frustration I called Princess and bullied my way to getting my credit issued, mainly because I have Elite status, but this isn't the way to go and I have another cruise to fight. (Feb around South America)

Not sure my broker will be happy writing a letter on their letterhead, every time I need some sort of proof of ownership. Anybody else run into this problem? Thoughts? thanx steve

I've had the hardest time getting my CCL shareholder OBC for our up and coming cruise on the Regal, just after T-Giving from FLL. My brokerage statements are from Fidelity and weirdly, the page that shows proof that I own CCL stock doesn't have my name on it anywhere....only the account number. Princess has rejected my faxes 4 or 5 times because I hand wrote my name on the xerox of the statement (other holding redacted). Finally in frustration I called Princess and bullied my way to getting my credit issued, mainly because I have Elite status, but this isn't the way to go and I have another cruise to fight. (Feb around South America)

Not sure my broker will be happy writing a letter on their letterhead, every time I need some sort of proof of ownership. Anybody else run into this problem? Thoughts? thanx steve

Send the initial page that has your name on it as well as the page that shows the stock. I have done that in the past without a problem.

I had some trouble with mine since I sent in only the page with the CCL ownership.

I mailed in my full "statement" from my broker by snail mail with our SS and account number blacked out. It was accepted/posted within 7 days.

Thanx for your input. I considered that, but after redacting the account number and all of the totals, i was afraid they'd reject that, too. But maybe I'll try that next time. Too bad you can't speak directly with "shareholder benefits": it would be faster, way more effecient and much less frustrating. Oh well....thanx again. s

Since my name is also only on the first page of the account statement, I black out all but the last four digits of my account number. Then when I fax it I also fax a cover letter that explains that I am doing that as my name is only on the first page of the statement. This has worked on numerous cruises on Princess and Carnival as well.

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

That is strange as I also have Fidelity as do many. My name and account number show up on the statement so it is just a matter of blacking out everything I don't want Princess to see. I just checked my October online statement and it has my name and account number at the top of each page. Why are you special in that way? ;)

We don't have that issue with our broker's statement. I would think that if you include the first page showing your name and then black out the account numbers except the last 4 digits and the same on the page with the CCL shares you should be good to go.

Have Fidelity too and my name is not on page two that shows my Carnival stock.Only on page one.

I just checked my retirement statements and also only on page one.

Right. But isn't the account number on both pages and if you do like some companies do and just reveal the last 4 digits of the account number to show that page 1 goes with page 2 it should be good. Does that make sense to you too?

Have Fidelity too and my name is not on page two that shows my Carnival stock.Only on page one.

I just checked my retirement statements and also only on page one.

It appears that some Fidelity statements do have it on every page and some do not.

Not sure why this would be.

Use to be on every page and changed about three months ago. Also

Carnival information was on page one but the format has changed and now on page two.

For the person that said our account numbers on all pages. No way would I want to expose that, I black that out. Just fax both pages

and hope for the best. Or just mail copies of both pages in (and make sure to black out everything you don't want Princess to see.

Edited by san diego sue

It appears that some Fidelity statements do have it on every page and some do not.

Not sure why this would be.

Maybe it depends if you bought the stock outright, or if you bought it in your IRA? My shares are in my IRA, so maybe that's the difference? I'm thinking the IRA statements and the regular stockholder statements might be formatted differently.

Edited by partybarbie

I don't have Fidelity anymore, but my current brokerage has an online page showing my holdings. They allowed me to "alias" the account name on the web page, and I changed it to my last name and a few digits of the acct number.

When I send the statement in via fax I circle the name, date, and CCL information so they don't have to search for it.

Maybe it depends if you bought the stock outright, or if you bought it in your IRA? My shares are in my IRA, so maybe that's the difference? I'm thinking the IRA statements and the regular stockholder statements might be formatted differently.

We have both regular and IRA with Fidelity.

Names and account numbers are on front and back of all pages on both type accounts.