Alejandro - CD on the Equinox

cormike1

I was so happy to hear that Alejandro is the CD on the Equinox! We sailed with him a couple of years ago on a SA cruise on the Infinity and loved him. He was so funny and friendly and so visible all over the ship. He always had time to chat and was always so energetic. He is going to fit right in with our 500+ roll call party people for the Feb. Mardi Gras cruise. Whoohoo this makes it all the greater. Can't wait!!!!

I saw a video on the other Site not allowed to be mentioned, and it showed him and 2 others introducing themselves, the entertainment staff. They said they were happy to be on the Equinox staying in the Caribbean year round now. I sure hope they will be on it year round also.

neenee61....did he still have his gold jacket for formal nights?

I was also on the Equinox TA; disembarked yesterday morning. :(

The cruise was great!!

Alejandro and his staff were wonderful and entertaining. All very good at what they do, I am still smiling. :D

Safe sailing all! :)

Edited by Cruisercl

We did a b2b on Constellation. Alejandro was the cruise director on the first of the cruises, but left for vacation on turn-around day. The energy level was very noticeably different - much lower - on the second cruise. Loved Alejandro, his energy and his visibility.

We had disappointing poor cruise on Equinox in August mainly due to food quality and entertainment but Alejandro was one of the highlights. Good sense of humour - genuine enthusiasm for the role.

Edited by Pavovsky

We did b2b in the Med last year on Constellation and Alejandro was the CD. Could not believe our luck when he moved over to the Equinox this year, since we were booked on that too. He was absolutely wonderful on each cruise - I even videoed one of his morning TV information programmes it was so funny!

If I could be guaranteed to have him as CD again, I'd book 'his' cruise just for that reason :D

Now if only he could transfer to the Reflection in January ...... ;)

Edited by mrsgoggins

It's not often that I remember who was an assistant CD, but I certainly remember Alejandro! He was asst CD on our Equinox cruise 5 years ago in the Eastern Med. Very happy to see he's gotten promoted to CD. Those of you sailing on the new Caribbean itineraries for Equinox - you've got a great ship AND a great CD.

It's not often that I remember who was an assistant CD, but I certainly remember Alejandro! He was asst CD on our Equinox cruise 5 years ago in the Eastern Med. Very happy to see he's gotten promoted to CD. Those of you sailing on the new Caribbean itineraries for Equinox - you've got a great ship AND a great CD.

Totally agree! We met Alejandro on Constellation last year, what a pleasure. One of the best cruises ever. After we went on Reflection and Silhouette and they were good. Presently on Eclipse, embarked for two weeks yesterday...really happy to be here but energy is sorely lacking. How bad can a cruise be? Sadly thinking that we may find out. Guess what? Sail away from Miami and no music outside, band was up in Sky lounge!! Had to leave pool today to go to the gym....I usually talk myself out of that nonsense but was that or fall asleep on the deck chair. Music normally found in ensemble lounge before dinner....not pool deck for sure. Not quite sure what is going on but will certainly jump ship if Equinox is in berth beside us in the next two weeks. Can't believe that we missed out on a cruise with Alejandro, his energy is contagious and all activities personnel seem to reflect his presence. Hope to see him soon. We will be on Silhouette for New Years cuise...please transfer Alejandro. Just for a bit!!!

We too were on the Equinox TA sailing that arrived in Ft. Lauderdale on November 7. I rarely remember the names of cruise directors but I will always remember Alejandro. He would do his best to needle presenters to give extra lectures. He arranged some kind of show or concert for afternoon matinees on sea days. He also arrived at the theater 15 minutes before those matinees requesting feedback from passengers. Some of us complained about the painfully loud volume in the theater. He said he would try to do something about it. Some shows became more tolerable and others not. He said that some performers were touchy if the engineering crew tried to lower the volume.

One day he had the guest performers show up prior to the matinee for an unscheduled Q&A. One of them explained that the theater was not designed acoustically like a concert hall. He said there were many dead spots. To reach those dead spots, the sound had to be loud. After that, we sat in the dead spot and the sound level was much more tolerable. The performer told us that to hear the sound optimally, it is best to sit next to the sound engineer.

In any event, I would certainly give Alejandro an A+. :)

Edited by emileg

We did b2b in the Med last year on Constellation and Alejandro was the CD. Could not believe our luck when he moved over to the Equinox this year, since we were booked on that too. He was absolutely wonderful on each cruise - I even videoed one of his morning TV information programmes it was so funny!

If I could be guaranteed to have him as CD again, I'd book 'his' cruise just for that reason :D

Now if only he could transfer to the Reflection in January ...... ;)

So agree, We had booked Equinox for January with family and decided to switch to Silhouette for New Year's. Had i known that he was to be CD on Equinox, would have stayed put. So disappointed...think that we need to clone him as we need him on Silhouette!!!

Just got off Equinox this morning.....love love love Alejandro. He is brilliant

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had Alejandro about 5 or 6 years ago on the Solstice, wife and I thought he was just okay.

Was also on the Equinox TA that reached Ft Lauderdale on the 7th of November, both the wife and I thought he was fantastic. He worked his butt off to keep us entertained. Excellent rapport with the passengers and performers. Loved his humor with many times rolling with laughter.

We are boarding Friday, is he still on board after the TA?

You already know this by now, but Alejandro is on Equinox until February 2017, after which he has vacation for some number of weeks. He didn't know his schedule past that.

Edited by rcixfan5

We just returned from the 7 November 2016 sailing on Equinox and have to admit I was a bit disappointed with Alejandro. The only time I saw him was on the taped videos on the Cruise Directory channel. Perhaps I missed something.

To us, it seemed Justin did most of the work and was very engaging with the passengers.

Again, I could have totally missed something and based upon feedback on this thread, sounds as if I did.

PS Not sure who coordinates the Meet & Mingle (I thought it was the Cruise Directory staff), but they totally "blew it" on our sailing. The Meet & Mingle (a/k/a Celebrity Connections Party) was scheduled for Day 1 (departure day) at 5:00. People were getting ready for dinner, awaiting luggage, etc. We had two Sea Days (Day 2 & 3) they could have used instead.

Just thought I would pass along.

We just returned from the 7 November 2016 sailing on Equinox.

PS Not sure who coordinates the Meet & Mingle (I thought it was the Cruise Directory staff), but they totally "blew it" on our sailing. The Meet & Mingle (a/k/a Celebrity Connections Party) was scheduled for Day 1 (departure day) at 5:00. People were getting ready for dinner, awaiting luggage, etc. We had two Sea Days (Day 2 & 3) they could have used instead.

Just thought I would pass along.

On the Nov 18 sailing they had the Meet and Mingle at 10:15 AM on the first sea day. Much better !!!