Newbie Cabin Class Confusion

Tedferg

Booking Reflection, Mar 4, Caribbean - first time on X.

From general browsing on X site I thought Concierge was a step up from Veranda. But looking at a available cabins I see Deluxe Veranda more Expensive than Concierge - 1A,B versus C2,3.

Does that mean some 'Verandas' are in preferred locations but do not have Concierge benefits ?

that is spot on. Some 1a or 1b cabins are in good locations (hump, larger balconys) but are not classified as concierge (C1,C2,C3). Pricing has alot to do with inventory as well, if there are alot of concierge cabins available = price is low, limited amount = price is high. same pricing structure applies to all categories - supply and demand.

OK thanks. Just looking at an online TA site and I see 2C on Continental Deck at $2,033 and a C3 on Panorama at $2,093. So it seems location can also trump Veranda / Concierge ???? Initially I thought a 2C would be more desirable than a 3C. Confusing for an X first timer :confused:

On Refection, the CC cabins are the same size as regular veranda cabins, so the only benefits are the little bonuses in the room and the extra membership points.

The pricing will often fluctuate depending on inventory, so higher categories can sometimes be purchased for less than a lesser one.

Cheers,

The veranda cabins, concierge cabins and aqua cabins are all the same size on the S class ships, which includes the Reflection, and have the same furniture & decor.

The concierge class gets a few perks that don't come with a veranda cabin such as footstools on the balcony, lunch on embarkation day in the MDR, a separate place to wait before getting off the ship on the final day, 5 points per night in Celebrity's loyality program vs 3 points in a veranda, a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin - most of the other things are marketing fluff.

Aqua class has a dedicated dining room(Blu) access to the Persian Garden in the spa, a jetted shower, the same footstools, points, sparkling wine, dedicated lounge on debarkation day.

If the price difference is minimal (IMHO no more than $25 pp) and there are concierge cabins in a location you would like go for it.

OK thanks. Just looking at an online TA site and I see 2C on Continental Deck at $2,033 and a C3 on Panorama at $2,093. So it seems location can also trump Veranda / Concierge ???? Initially I thought a 2C would be more desirable than a 3C. Confusing for an X first timer :confused:

It is very confusing that there is a 2C category which can easily be mistaken for a C2!

2Cs are verandas with "partially obstructed" views such as a lifeboat coming to the bottom of your veranda or the dining areas at the stern of Deck 5 protruding beyond your veranda.

Concierge class aka C3 won't have obstructed views and come with perks such as a bottle of sparkling wine in your room, afternoon appetizers delivered to your cabin, footstools to go with your veranda chairs and additional Captain's Club points (5 vs. 3).

For the $60 difference go for C3!!

It is very confusing that there is a 2C category which can easily be mistaken for a C2!

Good clarification - I thought 2C was better than C3.

We chose C3 9247 on Promenade. TA pointed out it has a connecting door. Is that a problem ???

I will NEVER get a cabin with a connecting door. One horrible experience sealed the deal for me forever. However, if you have quiet neighbors, a connecting door could be a non-issue.

Are there two doors or just one ? I thought both parties need to open their door to connect.

This cabin is just Aft of the Bump - other cabins available further Aft.

On Refection, the CC cabins are the same size as regular veranda cabins, so the only benefits are the little bonuses in the room and the extra membership points.

The pricing will often fluctuate depending on inventory, so higher categories can sometimes be purchased for less than a lesser one.

Cheers,

I booked CC on Solstice, June 2017. Those are the only extras? I thought I got priority boarding, debarkation room, and an upgraded room service menu?

Am I wrong?

I guess I like the cabin location on deck 10 in the middle but I feel like maybe I wasted $$ on Concierge Class if that's all it's worth?

Isn't the connecting door on the Solstice Class ships beyond the main door (on the corridor side of the door alcove)?

On the earlier ships the connecting door was in the cabin itself so there could be noise issues but, as the connection is made outside the cabin on S Class there isn't an issue.

We have never had noise issues on Solstice Class from neighbours.

Cheers, h.

I booked CC on Solstice, June 2017. Those are the only extras? I thought I got priority boarding, debarkation room, and an upgraded room service menu?

Am I wrong?

I guess I like the cabin location on deck 10 in the middle but I feel like maybe I wasted $$ on Concierge Class if that's all it's worth?

You get all that stuff. Some people don't think CC is worth it so they downplay the benefits. Priority boarding is iffy since almost everyone gets it for something now. Debarkation room, nice place to sit. Upgraded room service menu, for breakfast and it's nice. Also bottle of sparkling wine and my favorite, foot stools on the balcony. Oh and the new one, embarkation lunch in the MDR, only for CC class.

Have a blast!

9263 will be fine. It's just a few steps aft of 9247, and, being a little further back from the slanted section that goes to the "hump" will give you a clearer view forward. Note: next time you cruise on Celebrity you will be a Captains Club member, which will entitle you to a free upgrade of one category (with some exceptions). For example; for the price you paid for your C3 cabin, you will be able to book a C2 cabin, generally in moderately better locations. You will love your cruise, and Celebrity, so there's no doubt you'll return.

Good clarification - I thought 2C was better than C3.

We chose C3 9247 on Promenade. TA pointed out it has a connecting door. Is that a problem ???

We have been in concierge with connecting doors and have never had any noise problems. Guess it depends on your neighbors. A great website to check cabin and ship info on any ships/lines is cruisedeckplans.com. They have info on all the ships with red and green stars near cabins that are bigger, noisy, obstructed etc. if you hover your mouse over the star. Also will tell when the ship is going into dry dock, and lots of useful info. Also have all the code numbers for cabins. C2, A1,etc.

Am in C2 1247 on Reflection and just re-checked the deck plan. It has a connecting door:(. I'd forgotten that the Reflection is the only S-class ship whose connecting doors connect ala hotel rooms.

Time to see if there is another open cabin we can move to!

Decided not to chance connecting door - switched to 9263. Thanks for the advice.

So looking forward to Celebrity !

Im booked in 9263 Feb 18th sailing. I'll have to post my thoughts on the cabin if you are interested.

Rob

Im booked in 9263 Feb 18th sailing. I'll have to post my thoughts on the cabin if you are interested.

Rob

Thanks Rob please tell me transit time to the nearest bar :)

We also use ***************** for deck plan info. Will check cruisedeckplans.com

Edited by Tedferg