Explorer's Inaugural Atlantic Crossing: A Joint Live Blog

Mr Rumor

Thanks, Roberto. With the overall much improved internet connection plus Tapatalk, posting photos on the fly has become a breeze and a pleasure.

Good morning--it's Sea Day 8 of 8. Somewhere in the distance are many wonderful memories made. The plan is to make a few more today as we near Miami!

Rich

f082ad26e263618017773291c8288ca7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mr Rumor

I don't think I can really add anything more than what's already been said about this cruise.

It's been wonderful from beginning to end. In a little while John and I will attend the last Margarita/Bloody Mary Society meeting out at the pool bar.....sniff....!

We're awaiting the dreaded canvas bed covering that signals it's time to pack it all up (and take the show on the road!).

We've loved everything about the ship, although I still insist that the décor and art are a little funky in some areas! (giggle!) however the food, service and cruise buds have been top notch and that's what really counts!

So fare well, to all for now....fair winds and following seas to everyone!

Linda and John

Good morning from the gym on Sea Day No. 7. I've already had my workout. Just wish the "gym DJ" would give the continuous loop of Techno-Disco or Techno-Whatever a rest!

4884c1fd3e7fe4fe3c73b7c62d02cd57.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely hate that so called music in the gym. So unnecessary. If I want music I can bring my own. Even trying to listen to the news the music overrides the headphones

Mr Rumor, I expected much better data analytics on the amount of wine consumed by person, per day. Out of 750 or whatever the number is, how many bottles per day per person! This was a great thread and one of these days I hope to be on a cruise again with all of you, but I'm not sure I'm ready for 8 sea days. I can be useful at trivia also!

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely hate that so called music in the gym. So unnecessary. If I want music I can bring my own. Even trying to listen to the news the music overrides the headphones

I agree, It is like when they do spin classes and ramp up the music that everyone has to listen to even even with headphones on. So annoying.

Thanks all, what a great cruise-but all good things must come to and end. Have a safe and good trip home and start planning the next cruise.I believe each cruise gets better and more restful or I'm just getting older.

Rick

Was a great trip. We got booted off the shipfor 2 days and reboard on Sunday. The muckaty mucks are on for a 2 day trip to Nassau. Very inconvenient but then we stay on until Jan 12. Hope all have safe travels homel

Thanks to G.M. Massimo and Executive Concierge Jeff for getting those of us with early flights off of the ship. Left ship close to 9:00 a.m., breezed through immigration, took a cab ($27.00), was through security at the airport 9:35 a.m. ..... 55 minutes before boarding time. Lots to write when I get. home plus will be doing a review within a few days.

TNR #1 and TNR #2 (:D), sorry we rushed away from you. The stress off making our flight and watching how slow the workers in Miami are made me stressed🐱

Should arrive home 9:00 p.m. if the flight is on time.

Hope everyone gets home safely. "Z" and "TB" are home already ..... trying not to be jealous.

Was a great trip. We got booted off the shipfor 2 days and reboard on Sunday. The muckaty mucks are on for a 2 day trip to Nassau. Very inconvenient but then we stay on until Jan 12. Hope all have safe travels homel

And we get on the 15th in Long Beach

Where do you disembark on the 12th?

Hope everyone had a good and safe journey home from Miami. The four layers of clothing I packed came in handy when we stepped into the brisk Albuquerque evening. By the time we neared our home outside of Santa Fe, the temp had dropped to below freezing and random flakes were falling. We have a very light coat of snow today.

I was brave by immediately stepping on the scale this morning. Despite, 1.) 5120 total calories burned in my daily gym workouts, 2.) limiting breakfast most days to a blended drink prepared poolside by either Romil or Jeffrey and 3.) drinking sparingly as usual (Regent loves Ginny and I for our one glass of wine a day drinking habit), I still managed to gain almost ten pounds. Hmmm, I guess it had to be those TWO slices of P7's The Ultimate Chocolate Cake. . . plus the steady diet of other amazing dessert treats. I have a recent history of quickly losing the weight I gained on a cruise, and we'll see if I can stick to my post-cruise diet regimen during the holiday season.

I'm planning to be back soon with a wrap-up post or two. Right now I'm looking forward to picking up our girls--elderly dachshund Holly and, of course, our special daughter, Shauna. After thoroughly enjoying our terrific CD John Barron, who sets a high Regent bar for fun and friendly interaction with guests, I've decided he and Shauna have to meet on a future cruise. They will be a riot together!

Rich

We are also home safely. It takes us as long to get to Vancouver from Miami as it does flying to London (7 hours flying time plus 2 hour layover).

Mr. Rumor, kitties don't talk about weight but I'm definitely fluffier than I was a month ago;)

Well, I was home and in my big boy shorts by 1020AM. After a long wait on deck five, we were out of the ship at 0930 and into a cab in ten minutes, no lines and no fuss. I was beside myself to have one of my three cases of wine arrive in the afternoon.

Glad to hear that Jackie and Dennis made their flight since we were worried they'd miss it (my positive juju worked :) ). As far as weighing myself, let's just live in denial a while longer because I probably only burned 50 extra calories, drank about eight drinks a day, and strapped on the feed bag.

Thanks to all our new friends and fellow bloggers for making this cruise extra memorable.

We are already undergoing withdrawals and miss our daily wise guys morning coffee, the 1100 Margarita and Bloody Mary Society meetings, and our 6PM social hours.

Reality sucks.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Zqueeze1