Honor Our Veterans !!

Orangefan

One of the things I so admire about Americans is the way they honour their Veterans. We are always deeply moved by the honouring of Veterans at Seaworld shows.

Well done Princess for honouring Veterans.

Sadly we Brits appear afraid to do the same - such a show of solidarity with our Veterans would be unheard of here at a theme park.

Whilst I am sure there must be many Americans who did not support the wars in Iraq etc. they nevertheless support those who fought on their behalf.

Thank you to all those men and women who fought for our freedom and the freedom of others.

Remembrance Day here in Canada. It is always moving to watch the ceremonies and see the faces of the now old who served us well and the young who have taken up the call. We owe so much to our brave men and women and to their families for supporting them. We must always remember the sacrifice made to preserve our freedom and to helping those in less fortunate countries.

Sandy

The Princess ships I have been on always offer gatherings for the veterans and they usually are well attended. My favorite was on the U.S. Inaugural of the Regal Princess. The CD Ron Goodman was the emcee at the Piazza ceremony. They had live music at the presentation and some excellent speakers. Not only veterans from the U.S., Canada and Australia were there but were joined by crew members who served in the military in their countries. Very moving ceremony.

Sali

Thank you to all the military men and women who have served our country !!!!!!

Sali

Hi Sali!

It's great of you to start this thread for such an important occasion. As the daughter of a WWII veteran, a sister of a Vietnam era Marine, and mother of a Navy sailor and an Army Sergeant Major, this is a very important holiday for our family. THANK YOU for your service to all past and present service members.

Hi Sali!

It's great of you to start this thread for such an important occasion. As the daughter of a WWII veteran, a sister of a Vietnam era Marine, and mother of a Navy sailor and an Army Sergeant Major, this is a very important holiday for our family. THANK YOU for your service to all past and present service members.

Kathy- What a pleasant surprise to see your post ! I see you tried the Allure. How did you find such a large ship ?

I have been on the Regal 4 times and really enjoy it. I don't know if you still keep in touch with Fred, Lourdes and group. We without knowledge of each other's trip plans have landed on a few cruises together.

Actually Fred,Lourdes,Linda and Ron are on the Carib Prin 8 days to the ABC islands right now. I am going to be on the ship Dec. 3rd.

Glad I saw your post !

Sali

Kathy- What a pleasant surprise to see your post ! I see you tried the Allure. How did you find such a large ship ?

I have been on the Regal 4 times and really enjoy it. I don't know if you still keep in touch with Fred, Lourdes and group. We without knowledge of each other's trip plans have landed on a few cruises together.

Actually Fred,Lourdes,Linda and Ron are on the Carib Prin 8 days to the ABC islands right now. I am going to be on the ship Dec. 3rd.

Glad I saw your post !

Sali

Hi Sali!

I don't want to wander away from the importance of this thread. We can catch up if you email me at mzlegalgalatgmaildotcom.

On Veterans Day, I not only honor veterans but also their families who also make great sacrifices & provide so much support to our troops! :)

I had a friend who went from the Vietnam battlefields to the frontlines at home when he decided to continue his service to our country with a law enforcement career. Military veterans receive their well deserved thanks from our country but rarely is thanks shown towards those who daily protect us at home.

Richard Joseph led a Veterans Day memorial on our Star Princess cruise from Sydney to LA in 2009. It was a very moving experience & it had extra meaning for him having lost a relative in combat while serving in the Middle East.

And it's greatly appreciated that the military OBC begun by a fellow Vietnam veteran Alan Buckelew continues even since he moved higher up in the Carnival Corporation hierarchy. It's one of the many things that makes Princess my first choice for a great cruise. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

On Veterans Day, I not only honor veterans but also their families who also make great sacrifices & provide so much support to our troops! :)

I had a friend who went from the Vietnam battlefields to those at home when he decided to continue his service to our country with a law enforcement career. Military veterans receive their well deserved thanks from our country but rarely is thanks shown towards those who daily protect us at home.

Richard Joseph led a Veterans Day memorial on our Star Princess cruise from Sydney to LA in 2009. It was a very moving experience & it had extra meaning for him having lost a relative in combat while serving in the Middle East.

And it's greatly appreciated that the military OBC begun by a fellow Vietnam veteran Alan Buckelew continues even since he moved higher up in the Carnival Corporation hierarchy. It's one of the many things that makes Princess my first choice for a great cruise. :D

Thank you, Frank- that is very kind. I am the daughter of a career Air Force pilot. I have always appreciated his and others service to this country.

Thank you, Frank- that is very kind. I am the daughter of a career Air Force pilot. I have always appreciated his and others service to this country.

It's a sentiment that isn't expressed enough & I sincerely believe that having a supportive family at home is a tremendous factor for military personnel. Now I can better understand why you're such a class act with a sense of humor & wit...all of which are sometimes necessary survival techniques for military families.

We have a close friend whose family supported her career USAF dad & I have a friend who is a career USAF chaplain so my respect for all those who protect us runs deep in my heart.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's something that isn't often said enough & I sincerely believe that having a supportive family at home is a tremendous factor for military personnel. Now I can better appreciate why you're such a class act with a sense of humor & wit...all of which are sometimes necessary survival techniques for military families.

We have a close friend whose family supported her career USAF dad & I have a friend who is a career USAF chaplain so my respect for all those who protect us runs deep in my heart.

Again, Frank, thank you.

It was interesting growing up in the service. One develops a whole big bag of skills-- if if they are lucky, those they will parlay those skills to help negotiate the crooked paths in life. I am grateful that I had the opportunities that were presented to me. Even though I am much older, and both of my parents have transitioned out of this life, I still use so much of what I learned as a child and young adult in my life today. I had a charmed childhood. That was all my parent's fault!:)

One of the things I so admire about Americans is the way they honour their Veterans. We are always deeply moved by the honouring of Veterans at Seaworld shows.

Well done Princess for honouring Veterans.

Sadly we Brits appear afraid to do the same - such a show of solidarity with our Veterans would be unheard of here at a theme park.

Whilst I am sure there must be many Americans who did not support the wars in Iraq etc. they nevertheless support those who fought on their behalf.

Thank you to all those men and women who fought for our freedom and the freedom of others.

As a UK veteran and a cruiser, I tend to look at Princess and P&O first, as they do give OBC for UK vets. I also like their products, but every little bit helps. Polishing shoes and medals today for tomorrow's Remembrance Sunday parade.

Just wanted to pop on and say that they did a nice job on Ruby of honoring Veteran's on Nov 11th.

They had the red poppies out for people to wear. I wasn't sure if it was by donation or not though, so sadly I was not able to get one in time.

But all the staff I saw were wearing them that day.

Also they did a moment of silence at 11 am, which was observed on the whole ship. They stopped the cooking demo, and we all could hear TAPS being played over the loudspeakers, which made me start crying because it reminds me of family funerals.

But I was happily impressed by them doing those things. They also had a Veteran's get together, and some blurbs in the patter as well.

So I'm glad they are such a respectful company as far as that goes, and really did try to respectfully honor them.