Elite cocktail hour?

39august

Same as at dinner in the restaurants. After all, the Elite cocktail time is a prequel to dinner.

I always have the Premium drink package but it is nice to socialize with other frequent cruisers in the Sky Lounge.

Interesting experience on two different ships. On one, elite guests, in the sky lounge, were limited to seats around the stage. We were not allowed to sit in the chairs in front of the windows. Those were reserved for passengers who paid for their drinks. In other words the lounge was divided into two sections.

On another ship the CC hostess said we could sit anywhere we wanted. The entire lounge was solely dedicated to CC members.

Interesting experience on two different ships. On one, elite guests, in the sky lounge, were limited to seats around the stage. We were not allowed to sit in the chairs in front of the windows. Those were reserved for passengers who paid for their drinks. In other words the lounge was divided into two sections.

On another ship the CC hostess said we could sit anywhere we wanted. The entire lounge was solely dedicated to CC members.

Interesting, we have never experienced that. We could always sit wherever we wanted. I have NEVER seen people allowed into the Elite Cocktail hours venue who were not Elites.

We love the Elite Cocktail hours. We meet so many interesting people there.

We love going to the Elite cocktail even with the premium drink package we get with our suite perks. Michael's Club is nice but the views from the Sky Lounge are great.

Agreed! We have the premium package as a perk and we still like to go to the Sky Lounge until it's past sunset. Then we go to Michael's afterwards until it's time for dinner. My hope has been when the Edge ships come out that the Michael's Club (if there is one) will have a view.

Not that i'm likely to reach elite but what is the protocol if only one guest in a cabin has that status? Obviously other perks would be fine (internet, laundry) but would they be forced to either skip the cocktail hour or go to it alone?

Not that i'm likely to reach elite but what is the protocol if only one guest in a cabin has that status? Obviously other perks would be fine (internet, laundry) but would they be forced to either skip the cocktail hour or go to it alone?

Technically no, but sometimes yes. I asked this very question to the hostess (Captains Club Concierge) who was checking SeaPass cards at the entrance to the Sky Lounge on our last voyage in September. She said that company policy is that only Elites and higher are allowed in but her personal policy was that if it is a traveling partner or family member, she would let them enter. She said if it is friends in the stateroom next door, she would not let them enter. She said that it depends on who is checking cards. I asked what if it is family members with the same last name in the stateroom next door and she said she would let them in, but maybe not some other hostess.

Always ask first and never assume anything.

I've shared my cabin with non-elite passengers on quite a few cruises and on different ships. Those formally registered in my cabin have always been permitted to attend elite events with me. They did not receive any discount coupons, but were provided with either a sticker to put on their passcard or separate passcard to show at the door to gain entry. Friends or family in a stateroom next door or elsewhere on the ship have not been allowed to attend CC elite events.

Edited by kathynorth

Technically no, but sometimes yes. I asked this very question to the hostess (Captains Club Concierge) who was checking SeaPass cards at the entrance to the Sky Lounge on our last voyage in September. She said that company policy is that only Elites and higher are allowed in but her personal policy was that if it is a traveling partner or family member, she would let them enter. She said if it is friends in the stateroom next door, she would not let them enter. She said that it depends on who is checking cards. I asked what if it is family members with the same last name in the stateroom next door and she said she would let them in, but maybe not some other hostess.

Always ask first and never assume anything.

Always been company policy that a non elite traveling with an elite in the same cabin is granted entry with the Elite

Edited by dkjretired

Always been company policy that a non elite traveling with an elite in the same cabin is granted entry with the Elite

I was told being on the same reservation in a different cabin will not give entry into elite events. Only people registered in the same cabin as an elite member are allowed into elite events. Have you had a situation where traveling partners in different cabins were allowed in with you?

Our experience was that on a cruise with a lot of Elites, where coupons were used instead of the dedicated lounge, Elite members could still go to the Sky Lounge for drinks and appetizers but were asked to sit near the stage. The rest of the lounge was open to all cruisers. Only the people within the Elite section were offered appetizers.

Edited by 2theship

I was told being on the same reservation in a different cabin will not give entry into elite events. Only people registered in the same cabin as an elite member are allowed into elite events. Have you had a situation where traveling partners in different cabins were allowed in with you?

No, just same cabin, that has been the policy since the parties started.

Two times I have had someone in my cabin that was non-elite. The 1st time he was given a new seapass card by the Captain Club Host that said elite on it to replace his card. The 2nd time when I said about giving him a new seapass card the Captain Club Host said no. The Host said he would be at the entrance each evening and there would not be any problems. We had no problems. We always arrived together to the events

My experiences of this gathering is rather mixed.

We have become rather tired of the snobbiness of some of the attendees.

One in particular asked the GRM to have me removed because I had said it was my first boat ️ trip paid for by the UK government to celebrate 25 years unemployment benefit.

The GRM managed to keep a straight face ( in public [emoji41]) but the Cruise snob continued to rant as we left the lounge.

Too easy to wind these people up & the 'elite' tag seems to attract a lot of intellectually challenged boat trippers [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My experiences of this gathering is rather mixed.

We have become rather tired of the snobbiness of some of the attendees.

One in particular asked the GRM to have me removed because I had said it was my first boat ️ trip paid for by the UK government to celebrate 25 years unemployment benefit.

The GRM managed to keep a straight face ( in public [emoji41]) but the Cruise snob continued to rant as we left the lounge.

Too easy to wind these people up & the 'elite' tag seems to attract a lot of intellectually challenged boat trippers [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have cruised Celebrity 9 times, 4 times as elite and not experienced anything like what you posted. On one occasion, while entering the elite happy hour area of the deck 11 bar (the window section was open to all, the rest reserved for elites) someone on the opposite side asked why half the bar was reserved for others. I explained that it was the elite happy hour, the person made a disparaging comment complaining that Celebrity was encouraging snobbery. I ignored the comment and thought, who is the snob there.