Bring your own?

Tm100

I bring my wife. She insist's I bring her or she won't let me go. I always have to take her wherever I go. That's why we're together 25yrs she always finds her way back:mad::mad:

Some people would feel bad for you but I can think of no better way. I would rather cruise with my wife than without her.

Some people would feel bad for you but I can think of no better way. I would rather cruise with my wife than without her.

This is so sweet. I feel the same about my husband. We are one of those "sickening" couples that never, ever fight. The secret? We never try to change each other.:)

What types of things do you bring for a touch of home comfort on your cruise? We don't like the towels, so we brin our own fluffy towels. We also bring our own plush toilet paper, soap, and water. I don't know how people use the ships thin toilet paper!

My favorite extra large coffee cup.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I bring a couple of rubber ducks.

On my first cruise I discovered a duck machine so went crazy and i am sure our room attendant thought the two ducks i brought must have been breeding when he discovered 15 of them....

Rubber ducks :confused:, I must admit I have never thought to bring a rubber duck on a cruise.

The only extra I bring from home is she who must be obeyed.

No soaps, no stickers, no linens, no towels, no wipes.... no nothing other than our clothes.

We get to see/experience all those things when we return home.

Edited by iancal

I have purchased the internet package for my very first cruise because the idea of not being available to my four children and my 5 grandchildren is just plain scary. Maybe that will change.

I used to get an internet package for my daughter to keep in touch with her boyfriend, and now that I travel solo I get one so I can keep in touch with her. She's 21 years old and there's never been a day of her life that I haven't talked to her. That doesn't change when I travel. Sometimes it's just a couple minutes before I go to bed to tell her goodnight and sometimes it's a longer conversation, but an internet package is a must for me.

We bring our own toiletries, though not soap. Actually, one of my sons does bring his own soap, but that's not really a comfort from home. Just necessary for his skin.

The one thing I really like to bring is a little battery operated tea light candle. We put them in the bathroom at nighttime so we don't have to turn on the light and blind ourselves in the middle of the night. The little flickering light is very pleasant. Last cruise we put a couple of them on our balcony when we had a nightcap out there. They don't take up much room and the add a lot of coziness.

We bring our own toiletries, though not soap. Actually, one of my sons does bring his own soap, but that's not really a comfort from home. Just necessary for his skin.

The one thing I really like to bring is a little battery operated tea light candle. We put them in the bathroom at nighttime so we don't have to turn on the light and blind ourselves in the middle of the night. The little flickering light is very pleasant. Last cruise we put a couple of them on our balcony when we had a nightcap out there. They don't take up much room and the add a lot of coziness.

I like the idea of battery operated Candles.

Rubber ducks :confused:, I must admit I have never thought to bring a rubber duck on a cruise.

Ha! Me and a couple friends have a thing for ducks.. and so we take pics of ducks at various places we go. I have one particular duck that i take running and send photos to my coach. And now i am known amongst everyone for getting pics with ducks wherever i go... in fact i can guarantee you if i take a pic without the duck and one with, on fb the one with attracts more likes and comments than the one without!

Hence, a duck or two is my thing i always bring from home...

aa45a1d2d2d8ab058f3ddb341cb76d6c.jpg

c6963f1f049097115398d090b1171b9f.jpg

I must admit you come up with some mighty entertaining subjects to post about.

I would use words like "dumb". "silly". "inane" instead of the word "interesting". I would also use the same words for the list of stuff that the OP brings on board and also for the actions he has described in his other posts. However, in answer to the question that the OP posted and I am biting my tongue while I am wasting time answering it - I don't bring anything to make the cabin "homey". It is a ship and not my home and ai don't need to clutter it up with silly junk.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Good point about the marine grade toilet paper. Common mistake by city people. If you bring t.p. on board at least make sure it is 1 ply biodegradeable.Otherwise you are putting the system at risk. The one thing I do bring is my own pillow. Memory foam. I tried the ships but just not the same. It takes up less space than you think as it gets flattened but expands back. Saves me waking up with a sore neck.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Like most women, I shampoo and condition my hair with my daily shower. On a cruise I often take more than one shower daily. Even though the shower is adjustable and can be hand held, in that confined "tube" I find a shower cap really useful for times I don't want to get my hair wet. I rarely use at home, but always include a shower cap on my cruise packing list.

I would use words like "dumb". "silly". "inane" instead of the word "interesting". I would also use the same words for the list of stuff that the OP brings on board and also for the actions he has described in his other posts. However, in answer to the question that the OP posted and I am biting my tongue while I am wasting time answering it - I don't bring anything to make the cabin "homey". It is a ship and not my home and ai don't need to clutter it up with silly junk.

DON

Yea, I was trying to be sarcastic and nice at the same time. Guess my post didn't come across that way.