Just back from Harmony - some info to help you

montlee

The Royal IQ is awesome; it has your compass and scheduled events on it. $7.95 gives each unit an ID number and you can text anytime or place without using the Internet. You need to download it at home first. The

only drawback is there is no sound alert to let you know you're getting a text.

You need a card to turn your lights on in the cabin. Instead of using your seapass, I'd suggest taking an expired credit card or similar card and leaving it in the slot all the time.

There is no clock in the cabin.

Holes cannot be punched in seapasses. If using a lanyard, you need one with a clear plastic holder. You can get on/off the ship, purchase items and open your doors while in the plastic sleeve. Lanyards are $7.95 on the ship; I'd suggest a trip to the dollar store before you go.

A lot of people were getting brush burns on the Abyss, especially when the mat slid out from under you. Plan on long pants and keep your elbows away from the edge.

Sorentos, Promenade Cafe and the hot dog place only served water, no ice. Park Cafe had lemonade, flavored water, but also no ice. The only place to get iced tea was main dining room and Windjammer.

All 3 dining rooms had same menu. 3rd floor one had 6 and 8:30 regular dining. 4th and 5th floors were MTD. I booked 120 days out for 6 people and could only get 8:45 - no regular dining available. When I got on the ship, all they had left was 5:15 MTD. We wanted same table, same waiters, so we took it. It was early, but allowed us time to snack later in the evening.

Hope this answers some of your questions if you're going on the Harmony soon.

The service-level on Harmony is consistently very low....read the reviews in the CC review section...

Amazing just how many times you post that identical false propaganda in nearly every thread that appears about Harmony.

There are plenty of posts for cruisers on Harmony who directly contradict what you've posted.

Saying something over and over and over again doesn't make it true. We get it that you didn't find your experience as good as it could have been. No need to pollute another thread with this kind of repetitive nonsense. :rolleyes:

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

The Royal IQ is awesome; it has your compass and scheduled events on it. $7.95 gives each unit an ID number and you can text anytime or place without using the Internet. You need to download it at home first. The

only drawback is there is no sound alert to let you know you're getting a text.

You need a card to turn your lights on in the cabin. Instead of using your seapass, I'd suggest taking an expired credit card or similar card and leaving it in the slot all the time.

There is no clock in the cabin.

Holes cannot be punched in seapasses. If using a lanyard, you need one with a clear plastic holder. You can get on/off the ship, purchase items and open your doors while in the plastic sleeve. Lanyards are $7.95 on the ship; I'd suggest a trip to the dollar store before you go.

A lot of people were getting brush burns on the Abyss, especially when the mat slid out from under you. Plan on long pants and keep your elbows away from the edge.

Sorentos, Promenade Cafe and the hot dog place only served water, no ice. Park Cafe had lemonade, flavored water, but also no ice. The only place to get iced tea was main dining room and Windjammer.

All 3 dining rooms had same menu. 3rd floor one had 6 and 8:30 regular dining. 4th and 5th floors were MTD. I booked 120 days out for 6 people and could only get 8:45 - no regular dining available. When I got on the ship, all they had left was 5:15 MTD. We wanted same table, same waiters, so we took it. It was early, but allowed us time to snack later in the evening.

Hope this answers some of your questions if you're going on the Harmony soon.

Thanks for sharing your helpful information.

Just off Harmony a week ago.

The service we got specially in the main dining

was outstanding, Tsahai our server was amazing.

Food was amazing. No complaints here.

Beautiful ship, great service.

There was no ice machine in some of the areas

like Sorentos, but the water dispenser had ice in it,

water or flavored water were cold, just no separate

ice machine.

Amazing just how many times you post that identical false propaganda in nearly every thread that appears about Harmony.

There are plenty of posts for cruisers on Harmony who directly contradict what you've posted.

Saying something over and over and over again doesn't make it true. We get it that you didn't find your experience as good as it could have been. No need to pollute another thread with this kind of repetitive nonsense. :rolleyes:

I know you are a Harmony-Cheerleader but you are not doing others a favour by denying the truth...I am trying to balance the views a bit - to prevent folks from having wrong expectations.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554303

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554260

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554116

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554099

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554162

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=553279

Currently ONLY 56% of the reviewers were satisfied with their cruise on Harmony and would recommend Harmony for a future cruise!

Edited by germanfflyer

I had completely forgotten about the ice thing on Harmony. We had lunch several days in the Solarium Bistro, and there were no ice "machines," but they had a tub with ice and a scoop to "serve yourself" next to the dispensers with the flavored waters and iced tea. I remember thinking it was a little odd, but not a big deal. I also remember thinking that scoop laying on top of the ice was a little unsanitary and surprised they allowed it.

Just off Harmony today myself and we found that there was a working ice machine in Park Cafe many times. I did see it not work as well so maybe that's what the OP experienced.

I agree that the service level is lower than I've expected before. Many of the crew appeared overworked and little care. In fact last night diner in Sabor took over an hour and a half. (at least the server knew it wasn't the best service and didn't charge us but the manager that was walking around didn't ever stop by to talk even after I asked the greater to speak with the manager)

but the manager that was walking around didn't ever stop by to talk even after I asked the greater to speak with the manager)

This seems to be a common behaviour of the Harmony management too - it also explains the low service level!

Our MDR server told us the last night he has been working for RCI for 10 years - started working on Harmony just before the TA and now has requested to be transferred to another ship - as there are just too many complains and he is not comfortable with the service he is able to give.

There seems to be a Harmony-Management-Problem...affecting the service seriously...

Yes the ice-boxes with everybody helping themselves are also in the WJ - very UN-sanitary - ...but they make you wash your hand there.....but only when you enter ....:rolleyes:

Tell me more about Royal IQ. I downloaded it but never used it on the inaugural 3 day to Nassau and will be back for 7 nights in December. So for $7.95 you can only text another on the ship, or to anywhere? Anything else on it beside the compass?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Silly question, but here goes. On our last RCL cruise they offered a yoga class for a fee in the morning and a stretch class for free in the evening. After attending the free stretch class we realized it was just yoga, but was free! Does the harmony offer a stretch class in the latter part of the day at no cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Tell me more about Royal IQ. I downloaded it but never used it on the inaugural 3 day to Nassau and will be back for 7 nights in December. So for $7.95 you can only text another on the ship, or to anywhere? Anything else on it beside the compass?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Correct it only works within the ships network.

You can also make show and dinner reservations.

Very often the IQ app would not work due to server issues when we were on not sure if it got more reliable - some recent reviews suggest it is still a hit and miss...

Edited by germanfflyer

Just off Harmony a week ago.

The service we got specially in the main dining

was outstanding, Tsahai our server was amazing.

Food was amazing. No complaints here.

Beautiful ship, great service.

There was no ice machine in some of the areas

like Sorentos, but the water dispenser had ice in it,

water or flavored water were cold, just no separate

ice machine.

I second that we had Tashai as our server

Four out of the seven nights and she was fantastic this past sailing. As was her assistant Mervin. The service in Chops was awful. I found the service in general to be ok. It is unfortunate that the first couple Caribbean sailings fall during the holidays as it will take time for the crew to gel together. We had the same issues on Allure during their first Caribbean holiday season and it has not deterred us from sailing during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will miss not having the ice dispenser in Park Cafe.

Why has ice become a controlled substance on Harmony?

Maybe it will help having the pop package so I can get ice at the freestyle machines.

If I am not mistaken, I think you can get ice at the Freestyles with any cup.... the RF chip only controls the drink being dispensed.

I wasn't stressing no ice as much as stressing there was only water available to drink with hot dogs and pizza. The water had ice in it, but there was no ice machine. It looked to me like it was RCIs push for you to buy the soda package.

I know you are a Harmony-Cheerleader but you are not doing others a favour by denying the truth...I am trying to balance the views a bit - to prevent folks from having wrong expectations.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554303

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554260

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554116

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554099

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=554162

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=553279

Currently ONLY 56% of the reviewers were satisfied with their cruise on Harmony and would recommend Harmony for a future cruise!

Your "truth" is subjective opinions. I don't discount them, but don't discount those of us who had an amazing experience, great service, etc. Honestly, I was an uncertain cruiser prior to my Harmony cruise, and I'm now a big fan. Everyone has different experiences, and everyone reading the opinions on here need to take them with a grain of salt and try not to let these opinions colour their own experience.