Maximizing the premium drink package

Poskashflo

Good afternoon all:

We are sailing on the Reflection out of MIA on 2/25/17 and have purchased the Prem drink package for both of us. I always love a good challenge when something is "unlimited" for a fixed fee. We used to hit the Molecular bar to hit our daily drinking quota but understand that it is no more.

Any tips from recent Celebrity cruisers on a new strategy?

Not sure what you are asking. You can have pretty much as many drinks as you can hold, one at a time, but you still have a price limit of $13 per drink. If you order wine or cocktails priced over $13 you pay the difference.

If they have the World Class Bar, that is a great place to use your premium package. We've enjoyed having drinks there on the last couple of cruises. Even though some of the drinks are priced over $13, we've never been charged extra.

Edited by MartinsCruise

We are just off the Silhouette and now consider ourselves Premium Drink Package experts :D

The World Bar was fabulous and all the drinks on the menu were $12. Husband ordered Manhattans and other such drinks as well and we were never charged extra.

I certainly got my money's worth with wine as well. :p

Not to mention all the San Pellegrino, Perrier and Espressos we drank!

Now never mind how many pounds we put on as a result. :eek:

easy one..

1. go to cellar masters if you are a beer drinker and indulge on the decent selection of craft beers

2. World class bar at least once daily

3. Martini bar at least one daily

4. Always order top shelf everything

5. Al Bacio every morning

6. Always grab waters, vitamin water, and red bulls at every opportunity. Even if you dont drink em right away, store them in your mini bar.

7. Wine at dinner every night

Also remember, having 2 drink packages does not mean both parties need to be present when ordering drinks. All you need is 2 ship cards to order 2 drinks. This has come in handy several times for me when stock piling waters and such. There is also no time limit on anything, so get a drink or 2 at one place, then 2 minutes later when you pass by a different venue, get another round.

I have capitalized on using 2 ship cards when the wife is getting ready for dinner as well, i go up and get a couple beers, return to the room, then repeat, until dinner or other activities;).

I have had absolutely no trouble getting my moneys worth out of unlimited drink packages, one way or the other.

Does anyone know if there are upcharges at the World Class Bar for Johnnie Walker Blue? That would be a real deal if it were included in the Premium package.

Yes. Think it was appx. $45 less a %, which I forgot, for having the Premium Package. Still ran about $30.

Does anyone know if there are upcharges at the World Class Bar for Johnnie Walker Blue? That would be a real deal if it were included in the Premium package.

yes there is an upcharge for blue...i downloaded this tool and find it very handy for figuring out what to order..

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Ah, I think you are asking about availability of individually pricy alcoholic drinks, particularly those priced near the $13 limit. So, looking at our copies of the bar menus:

The World Class Bar offers nearly a dozen exotic cocktails at $15.

Martinis at the martini bar are $12 with a special martini for $14 and a flight for $18.

Crush has 9 different varieties of vodka priced from $9 to $11 a shot and four different vodka flights at $15 and up.

The main bar menu has a number of drinks priced at $10 and $11.

The Gastropub has a whole lot of $10 cocktails, a number of beers at $9 and up, and wines by the glass at a variety of prices. There are two Rogue Farms beers priced at $35, and several in the $10-$20 range.

The other bar menus are devoted to $8 cocktails with a few priced at $9. However, most of the cocktails and wines listed on the MDR nightly menu are above $8.

Ah, I think you are asking about availability of individually pricy alcoholic drinks, particularly those priced near the $13 limit. So, looking at our copies of the bar menus:

The World Class Bar offers nearly a dozen exotic cocktails at $15.

Martinis at the martini bar are $12 with a special martini for $14 and a flight for $18.

Crush has 9 different varieties of vodka priced from $9 to $11 a shot and four different vodka flights at $15 and up.

The main bar menu has a number of drinks priced at $10 and $11.

The Gastropub has a whole lot of $10 cocktails, a number of beers at $9 and up, and wines by the glass at a variety of prices. There are two Rogue Farms beers priced at $35, and several in the $10-$20 range.

The other bar menus are devoted to $8 cocktails with a few priced at $9. However, most of the cocktails and wines listed on the MDR nightly menu are above $8.

If you are seeing a dozen World Class bar drinks at $15 the prices must include the gratuity. (European based cruise?). Most, but not all drinks were include in the Premium package last month on the Reflection.

easy one..

1. go to cellar masters if you are a beer drinker and indulge on the decent selection of craft beers

2. World class bar at least once daily

3. Martini bar at least one daily

4. Always order top shelf everything

5. Al Bacio every morning

6. Always grab waters, vitamin water, and red bulls at every opportunity. Even if you dont drink em right away, store them in your mini bar.

7. Wine at dinner every night

Also remember, having 2 drink packages does not mean both parties need to be present when ordering drinks. All you need is 2 ship cards to order 2 drinks. This has come in handy several times for me when stock piling waters and such. There is also no time limit on anything, so get a drink or 2 at one place, then 2 minutes later when you pass by a different venue, get another round.

I have capitalized on using 2 ship cards when the wife is getting ready for dinner as well, i go up and get a couple beers, return to the room, then repeat, until dinner or other activities;).

I have had absolutely no trouble getting my moneys worth out of unlimited drink packages, one way or the other.

You must be exhausted after all that!!

Don't be so sure about that timing of your drinks ... picking one up at one bar and two minutes later picking up another. When they scan your card, it is timed and it may automatically show up as a charge if scanned too close together. I only know this because I was charged when the waiter brought me a second glass of wine within a minute or so of the previous one. This lady whipped her coat off and my wine, which was on the table, went flying.

In going to the front desk, they told me it was charged to my bill because it was purchased one right after the other. They removed it, of course, just telling you of my experience in getting two drinks within 2 minutes of one another.

Why don't you just grab a drink from the nearest bar when you feel you want one?

What exactly is the point of "trying to maximize our benefits?" Your drinks will be paid for. Want one? Grab one.

Want to "maximize?" Go grab the porcelain bus.

Good afternoon all:

We are sailing on the Reflection out of MIA on 2/25/17 and have purchased the Prem drink package for both of us. I always love a good challenge when something is "unlimited" for a fixed fee. We used to hit the Molecular bar to hit our daily drinking quota but understand that it is no more.

Remember, you can't drink all day unless you start early in the morning!

Seriously, look at the Daily which along with irrelevant information like meal times and show times also lists important information like the opening hours for the various bars. Find the ones which open early, camp out there. Get to know the bartenders. [i have 2-3 favorite drinks and I don't do a lot of experimentation. I find that this improves service as the staff can begin mixing or pouring before I even order.] Be friendly. Try not to wear out your welcome. Then move on in an hour or two once other bars begin to open. Repeat as necessary. In addition, I suggest a detour every once in a while to your cabin in order to ingrain its number and location so that you will be able to locate it at the end of the day. Also note that there is a Friends of Bill get together posted pretty much every day. Just in case you were curious...

Want to "maximize?" Go grab the porcelain bus.

:D:D:D

Just order 8 martinis in one night, mind you you will feel lousy the next day and not want to drink anything but water;)

Exactly. Just enjoy your drinks and your time on the ship. No need to maximize the package. Is it really all about drinking to you? Why not just have a good time and enjoying yourself? Not unless drinking as much as possible is enjoying yourself. If it is then just drink, drink and drink and that should maximize the package. :rolleyes:

I think to be fair to the original poster it's more of a question of the range of "better" drinks that one might get with the premium package. My next cruise includes premium drinks where I've always only had the classic package. I'm curious too, on which wines are now available to me that I might truly enjoy but don't know to ask for. What beers are available that I might not have tried. Should I choose "___" tequila for a better Margarita, etc. And what non alcoholic drinks are available that I wouldn't have considered in the past. Believe me, I have no intention of paying tribute to the white throne due to self indulgence but I am curious on the key benefits of a premium package.

Should I choose "___" tequila for a better Margarita, etc.

By all means experiment, but I would caution that your personal palette has more to do with it than whether it's a so called "top shelf" label.

Personally I love a peaty single malt Scotch, but would never serve it to some friends as they would be turned off by the scent and taste of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by cdn_tbird

By all means experiment, but I would caution that your personal palette has more to do with it than whether it's a so called "top shelf" label.

Personally I love a peaty single malt Scotch, but would never serve it to some friends as they would be turned off by the scent and taste of it.

I agree. Also just because you have the premium package, doesn't mean when you order a drink, you'll get a premium liquor unless you specify the brand name or are a regular with the bartender.

We had a cruise mate learn that the hard way when he paid for it but still received non call brands. He discovered it half way into the cruise when he asked what brand was poured. :eek:

One thing we noticed with the premium package is that each bar may have a different top shelf brand. At the World Class Bar, I fell in love with the Zacapa (Rum) Old Fashioned and had a couple (okay, maybe three) every evening. But the Sunset Bar had Pyrat Rum instead. So have fun and try different drinks on your cruise.

Also note that you can order beer and ask them not to open it. They may look at you odd, but say you do not want it opened. We did that a few times and had beer in our fridge for lounging on the balcony.

Oh, and I agree with the previous post about stockpiling water. I asked for water almost every time I went by a bar, or at the buffet bar. Had plenty in the middle of the night and to grab to take on shore without having to fight the crowds in the morning.

Edited by Island2Girl

I think to be fair to the original poster it's more of a question of the range of "better" drinks that one might get with the premium package. My next cruise includes premium drinks where I've always only had the classic package. I'm curious too, on which wines are now available to me that I might truly enjoy but don't know to ask for. What beers are available that I might not have tried. Should I choose "___" tequila for a better Margarita, etc. And what non alcoholic drinks are available that I wouldn't have considered in the past. Believe me, I have no intention of paying tribute to the white throne due to self indulgence but I am curious on the key benefits of a premium package.

I try to get the Patron Tequila and Cointreau rather than Triple Sec in my Margaritas. I did some experimenting to come up with that combo. I also try the better bourbons in an old fashioned.

Good afternoon all:

We're on the same cruise with you. We'll meet you at the Martini Bar or Cellar Masters to use the drink package!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums