Favorite cruise ship & why?

roslyn01

Just to be clear, Oceania also has 2 "O" ships, custom built for Oceania to carry approx 1100 passengers (with one if the highest crew to passenger ratios in the industry). Total fleet equals 4 Rs plus 2 Os.

from their website for Marina & Riviera

Guests: 1,250

Staff: 800

Guest to Staff Ratio: 1.56 to 1

For the R ships

Guests: 684

Staff: 400

Guest to Staff Ratio: 1.71 to 1

Edited by LHT28

My favorite is the Grand Princess. I have sailed her several times and it always feels like I'm home again. I just did a cruise on NCL Escape and loved that huge ship too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The entertainment on NCL is the absolute best IMO, but there is more to cruising than just the shows.:D

Last, but not least, the R8, built in 2001, was leased from Cruiseinvest by Swan Hellenic starting in 2003 and renamed Minerva II. The Minerva II sailed as the line's only ship for four years. In April 2007, the ship was transferred to Princess' fleet and now sails as the Royal Princess."

Interestingly, Minerva II, the ex-R ship, was given up by Swan Hellenic because she was much bigger than the original Minerva. She was actually considered to be "too big" for their business model, and loyal passengers didn't like her.

After some business kerfuffles, the "new" Swan Hellenic purchased a smaller ship and renamed her Minerva. She's the ship used today -- carries about 350 passengers, tops. Lovely ship.