Is Faster To The Fun (FTTF) worth it?

BeverlyS

A subject that has been thoroughly discussed here and you will find that people like me who love it, really love it. Only you can decide if it is worth it because ultimately you are only buying time.

Without buying FTTF, you get everything I get, you just have to wait longer for it. You will get to board the boat, your luggage will be delivered to your room, you will get tendered to the island and you will speak to guest services. A purchaser of FTTF just gets all of those things a little earlier than you.

A subject that has been thoroughly discussed here and you will find that people like me who love it, really love it. Only you can decide if it is worth it because ultimately you are only buying time.

Without buying FTTF, you get everything I get, you just have to wait longer for it. You will get to board the boat, your luggage will be delivered to your room, you will get tendered to the island and you will speak to guest services. A purchaser of FTTF just gets all of those things a little earlier than you.

Well said.

I think it's a matter of why you want FTTF.

--DH has mobility issues, boarding early is a plus.

--We have carry-ons and cpaps that we don't want to carry around, getting access to our room is a plus.

--We used priority GS line multiple times on our last cruise, rather than waiting in MILE long lines, another plus.

--We were driving to/from our last cruise, priority debarkation was a plus.

For us, it was well worth the cost. It is all subjective, however.

Edited by Schoifmom

I love it. Priority check in. First to tender, special line at guest services, faster debarkment. Totally worth it to me. I think it gives your cruise an extra special feeling.

I never thought I would need guest services but my last cruise I used them several times, when there was a huge lineup, and I was looked after right away.

Anyway, I book interior and spend the extra on FTTF

I would think one of the main perks (IMO) is the early tender tickets, although my next cruise has four "docked" ports so........nope.

We don't carry anything on except a small bag with essentials. No need to rush to our cabin. Don't care if my luggage arrives at 2 pm or 7 pm and will be happy being onboard shortly after those that purchased FTTF.

We have had FTTF for our first seven cruises, but will not be buying it for the eighth. My brother wasn't able to get it in September, and he boarded only ten minutes behind us. We weighed the pros and cons of the other perks and decided they weren't worth the money to us, particularly with the staggered check-in.

On our last cruise, the terminal was PACKED!!!

Having FTTF... we walked right up, got our boarding passes and walked on the ship. Never had to sit and wait.

That was worth it to me...

Also, the customer service desk line was LONG... nice to just walk up and be helped.

My .02 worth.

That being said, will probably skip it next time, since the price went up!

Mike

Or just a waste of money?

Not really - you can only board an hour earlier...thats really about it thats worthwhile.

To determine if FTTF is something you'd like to have, you have to look at everything that's included. Having priority boarding (after Diamond and Platinum cruisers) is just one of the perks. We purchased FTTF for our upcoming cruise, and have done so for our past three cruises. However, since the price has gone up, we may opt to skip it on future cruises.

Its personal, we love it and have had it last 5 cruises. We are early boarders as we love to make the most of our first day on the ship. Also, the vip line at GS is so very worth it, surprising how many times we had the opportunity to use it (time saver).

So, where I would never pay for cheers for DH and I , I will always pay for early boarding and cabin being ready (for that first glass of wine on the balcony), so very worth it for us.

Its personal...

To the OP: The pro's and con's of FTTF have been pretty well covered above and it really does come down to how you want to spend your money and what you get for it.

Years ago I worked in an office complex that offered covered parking for what I considered to be a relatively reasonable monthly fee (covered parking in Phoenix - particularly in the summer - is like finding the Holy Grail). My boss did not take advantage of the covered parking for fee whereas I did and in talking with him about it, he only said "you spend your money in a way that you feel benefits you the most, don't worry about how I feel." If the pro's of the FTTF cost are worthwhile to you (and not others), then do it - otherwise, do not.

Edited by joepeka

Or just a waste of money?

For us, it is ALWAYS worth it. With FTTF, it means that we can drop our bag off earlier and get things situated. It also gives us the ability, the moment we board (if we need to), to go to a safe, quiet space where my son can decompress and maybe take a nap if he needs to because while he's always excited about cruising the whole process of getting to the port, getting checked in, going through security and eventually getting to board can be a little overwhelming to him.

That being said..we always ALWAYS try to purchase FTTF before pulling the special needs card.

I guess I should have asked then how long of a wait it is to get off the ship at each port? That's probably the reason we'd want it because we want as much time as possible having fun instead of waiting in line :) We'll be stopping at Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

I guess I should have asked then how long of a wait it is to get off the ship at each port? That's probably the reason we'd want it because we want as much time as possible having fun instead of waiting in line :) We'll be stopping at Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

FTTF has no effect on getting off at Key West or Cozumel. You only get priority tendering and those are not tender ports. So you can get off sooner in Grand Cayman since it is a tender port. But you will have to wait getting back on with everyone else. With FTTF you will be waiting in the lines with everyone else for Key West and Cozumel both getting off and on.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

FTTF has no effect on getting off at Key West or Cozumel. You only get priority tendering and those are not tender ports. So you can get off sooner in Grand Cayman since it is a tender port. But you will have to wait getting back on with everyone else. With FTTF you will be waiting in the lines with everyone else for Key West and Cozumel both getting off and on.

Awesome, great!

Having just got off the Freedom, YES!! We were delayed getting onboard and delayed getting off. So having FTTF was a blessing for us. One of groups first to board and one of first groups off!!! Highly recommend because you never know what can happen.