Men's Drinks

babs135

Thanks Trip!!! Best reply to what is going to make my Top 10 list of ridiculous questions!!

My man is secure enough to drink whatever he wants & I'm not going to think anything of it if he orders a Shirley Temple or a Grasshopper!

On the spirit in September hubby ordered a Pina Colada and a beer ... when the server brought them she handed me the fruity drink and hubby the beer ... he passed the beer to me and she said ... Oh I had that so wrong !!!!!

Thanks Trip!!! Best reply to what is going to make my Top 10 list of ridiculous questions!!

My man is secure enough to drink whatever he wants & I'm not going to think anything of it if he orders a Shirley Temple or a Grasshopper!

:D. DITTO!!! :p

Sorry you thought it a ridiculous question. I was just curious as to what cocktails men chose.

On the spirit in September hubby ordered a Pina Colada and a beer ... when the server brought them she handed me the fruity drink and hubby the beer ... he passed the beer to me and she said ... Oh I had that so wrong !!!!!

Ditto, although DH's drink was a diet coke. Why do some people think women don't drink beer? On a cruise to Alaska we visited a microbrewery and when I asked for a pint of their 'best', the bartender asked if I'd made a mistake and really wanted only half a pint!!!

My husband drinks wine with dinner and sometime later in the evening and will drink beer or what ever frozen drink that he chooses.

Maybe your question is not ridiculous, but it is sexist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at the drinks on offer with the UBP , apart from the spirits and perhaps a couple of the shots what drink/cocktail would your man drink?

This reminds me of the flip side on the food end of things. My wife & I are a "Mutt & Jeff" couple - - I'm a big & tall and she's short & small. But she's got an appetite for heavier fare when it comes to food choices when we eat out, and I tend to go for the lighter fare. When the food arrives the waitstaff will inevitably try to place the, for example, grilled reuben sandwich w/fries in front of me, and the seafood salad in front of my wife. We sometimes still have a little fun with my wife's "trucker's appetite" after all these years.

Regarding drinks - - I drink whatever I feel like. That might be beer & whiskey one night; frozen margaritas (with a Grand Marnier floater...mmm) another night; and a few grasshoppers on the third. We're on vacation and it's the UBP - - so drink up!

I really don't think that gender should be an issue in anybody's choice of drinks. Order what you want, your fellow cruisers are too busy getting happy during that 24/7 happy hour to care what you are imbibing.

Having said that, it is possible that people from other cultures have a different view of the proper beverages for each gender. Case in point: after our Paul Gauguin cruise we spent a few extra days in Bora Bora. The first day, my husband and I had lunch with another couple from the cruise. Hubby and I ordered beer, the other couple both ordered iced tea. Not five minutes later our waitress brings our drinks and plunks down the beers in front of the guys and we ladies were given the iced tea!

I really don't think that gender should be an issue in anybody's choice of drinks. Order what you want, your fellow cruisers are too busy getting happy during that 24/7 happy hour to care what you are imbibing.

Having said that, it is possible that people from other cultures have a different view of the proper beverages for each gender. Case in point: after our Paul Gauguin cruise we spent a few extra days in Bora Bora. The first day, my husband and I had lunch with another couple from the cruise. Hubby and I ordered beer, the other couple both ordered iced tea. Not five minutes later our waitress brings our drinks and plunks down the beers in front of the guys and we ladies were given the iced tea!

There is no doubt in my mind that some people expect men to drink beer and women to drink soft drinks/cocktails and similar. As I said in a previous post eyebrows were raised when I ordered a pint of beer rather than half a pint. Maybe I should have just ordered two halves

Edited by babs135