Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Who is Ed?

9dd7000e6fb0a5af448e526ce1cd7e6f.jpg

He's the guy who writes snarky rebuttals to reader letters in Car & Driver. This is a hidden release of the news that the top deck will contain a Formula 1 track. [Take that, RCL bumper cars!]

Time to stop horsing around

This thread is galloping away from its purpose

We need to close the barn door on this discussion

and Trot back to Lloyd's pictures;p;p;p;p

You missed one cliché: time to stop beating this dead horse! Now we're done ;p

I wonder if we will get to see any interior pics? I noticed that they have the windows in Eden covered. Wonder if this is so people can’t see in? Really hoping for some inside pics or some more reveals from Celebrity.

I noticed that they have the windows in Eden covered. Wonder if this is so people can’t see in?

I bet it´s more to protect the windows from the ongoing construction work outside. I don´t think you would see much anyway right now.

And I´m pretty sure that the workers have to sign something regarding photos. If anyone posts anything he might lose his job.

steamboats

I bet it´s more to protect the windows from the ongoing construction work outside. I don´t think you would see much anyway right now.

And I´m pretty sure that the workers have to sign something regarding photos. If anyone posts anything he might lose his job.

steamboats

they said when the ship was announced that it was a new type of design method. Instead of having the cabins "inside" the hull they were to "hang" from the center structure. I'm guessing that they must have to "zipper up" in between the cabins on the outside to make it weather tight. So ,I'm guessing that the tarps are there to keep the rain out until the zipping is complete.

Lloyd????? am I close????

Wondering if this thing will do its 1st December 2018 inaugural trip or not... If yes, I´ll be on it. If not - maybe 2024 :D:D

Not too much of a beauty on the outside, guess inside is going to beat outside by far (which is more important).

He’s a shoe in!

Celebrity could make hay out of the opportunity.

Especially the photo ops in the bridal suite on board

Or visit Stirrup Cay.

You’d just have to be careful how you manure-verd around.

Talk about beating a dead horse.....:D

We´re talking about two different things:

1) The Eden windows are covered with some kind of white foil. I think that´s more to protect the windows.

2) The side of the ship is covered with tarps. And maybe there´s some kind of scaffolding. This protects the workers and ship from the inclements of the weather and also prevents anything from falling into the sea (o.k. maybe not anything). It´s more or less the same as when you build a house. It´s not needed at Meyer Werft as they have a big hall for building the ships. But I´ve seen it at Meyer Turku where they don´t have a building hall.

steamboats

Thanks, Lloyd! Enjoyed seeing how the forward areas are shaping up with good views of The Retreat. It looks like there is a forward deck on 14 in the area still to be determined on the deck plans.

Also loved the aft shots - saw my balcony up close! It was fun to watch the workers walking around. I saw one open a slider and go into 12264, I think. Home sick today so easily amused. :D

Thanks, Lloyd! Enjoyed seeing how the forward areas are shaping up with good views of The Retreat. It looks like there is a forward deck on 14 in the area still to be determined on the deck plans.

The area is the spa. I've seen the deck plans for that spot.

That's all you're going to see. Yes. I am that evil. [emoji12]

2123a72c838298c77b0960bee626058e.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Lloyd...thanks for the great video and peek at plans for the spa...Deck 14 and hanging baskets is what I could figure out..

.I am sure the spa will be amazing, Despite being a bit disappointed with Canyon Ranch, I know I will be visiting there a few times!

looks like a great deck ....food , drink, pool, solarium. and spa...I am set.

Reflection had the Solarium and spa / persian Garden on diff floors..not a great plan for me.. I spend lots of time there..plus the gym now and then.

looks like a great deck ....food , drink, pool, solarium. and spa...I am set.

Reflection had the Solarium and spa / persian Garden on diff floors..not a great plan for me.. I spend lots of time there..plus the gym now and then.

Yes, could become our favorite deck! :D