Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I think it may have changed to 0800. I saw a time clock somewhere this morning which put it in at 0800.

That will really put a proverbial monkey wrench in the plans of all those who are trying to be there for her arrival!

With regard to post #5713, when I checked the port schedule this morning, Silhouette was scheduled for T25 yesterday but was docked at T26.  Tomorrow, Reflection was scheduled for T25, but will be at T18.  The good news is that our Edge is still slated for T25 on Monday.  I bet there are a LOT of workers getting overtime this weekend!  Thanks to all of them for their hard work!

Edited by beachbunny6

16 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Nice photo, why is The Edge lending on the starboard side? 

10 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

DH and I have had the privilege of being invited to party in the Penthouse, Reflection, and Royal Suites several times over the years.  I just don't see paying that much money for an oversized stateroom when we can take 4 cruises a year in a veranda or AQ for the same amount.  But that's us.  We do love a Sky Suite or equivalent, but that's as high as we are going in the stateroom chain. 🙂

Too many people on the Magic Carpet!  :classic_biggrin:

Buffet line 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

That will really put a proverbial monkey wrench in the plans of all those who are trying to be there for her arrival!

With regard to post #5713, when I checked the port schedule this morning, Silhouette was scheduled for T25 yesterday but was docked at T26.  Tomorrow, Reflection was scheduled for T25, but will be at T18.  The good news is that our Edge is still slated for T25 on Monday.  I bet there are a LOT of workers getting overtime this weekend!  Thanks to all of them for their hard work!

I found the time clock and it still is 0900 - sorry,  I must have added incorrectly. :classic_rolleyes:   It now says 1 day 23 hrs 40 minutes... If she is coming in at 0800, they may have not updated the clock yet.

Edited by vtcruising

27 minutes ago, Pennstateman said:

Buffet line 

27 minutes ago, Pennstateman said:

Buffet line 

We have also been invited to a Penthouse and Royal Suite.  We have enjoyed Sky suites and a couple of Celebrity suites.  We are sailing on the New Years eve edge suite- so the cost of both were prohibitive especially since we are cruising the begininng of Jan on the Harmony of the Seas-in a Crown loft suite-which was a bargain!!  

However, if we could afford it- why not go into a larger suite?  I have witnessed friends and family "saving" and never reaching the age to spend or enjoy their savings-  While I do not advocate going into debt- if you have the money spend it when you are well enough to enjoy it!  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I found the time clock and it still is 0900 - sorry,  I must have added incorrectly. :classic_rolleyes:   It now says 1 day 23 hrs 40 minutes... If she is coming in at 0800, they may have not updated the clock yet.

You are completely forgiven for miscalculating.... after all, you must be very busy organizing and packing all the wares for the dockside store plus your own clothing, etc., for your three cruises.  Not to mention that you are probably freaking out that you are leaving next week!  OMG!  They would have to sedate me!   How can you stand it??

59 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have also been invited to a Penthouse and Royal Suite.  We have enjoyed Sky suites and a couple of Celebrity suites.  We are sailing on the New Years eve edge suite- so the cost of both were prohibitive especially since we are cruising the begininng of Jan on the Harmony of the Seas-in a Crown loft suite-which was a bargain!!  

However, if we could afford it- why not go into a larger suite?  I have witnessed friends and family "saving" and never reaching the age to spend or enjoy their savings-  While I do not advocate going into debt- if you have the money spend it when you are well enough to enjoy it!  

I agree!   We spend, but try to get the best deals.  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

You are completely forgiven for miscalculating.... after all, you must be very busy organizing and packing all the wares for the dockside store plus your own clothing, etc., for your three cruises.  Not to mention that you are probably freaking out that you are leaving next week!  OMG!  They would have to sedate me!   How can you stand it??

I wasn't freaking out until your post. 😉  Actually, I am freaking out - I have so many lists, that I had to make a list of my lists! I was up at 4:00 AM - couldn't sleep because I was so excited! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I agree!   We spend, but try to get the best deals.  😉

Yes, I think there is deals in March and perhaps April as this is slow time for cruises. I am sure that they will not pack the edge with spring breaker kids.

jc 

9 minutes ago, Getty123 said:

Yes, I think there is deals in March and perhaps April as this is slow time for cruises. I am sure that they will not pack the edge with spring breaker kids.

jc 

Sorry, but I believe they will pack the Edge with whoever has the money for the bookings, be it geezers or spring breaker kids.  

2 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Sorry, but I believe they will pack the Edge with whoever has the money for the bookings, be it geezers or spring breaker kids.  

We  are on 3/3 and 10/3. Both were quite full last time we looked. March 17 Edge is full as she has been chartered. 

Bob

35 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I wasn't freaking out until your post. 😉  Actually, I am freaking out - I have so many lists, that I had to make a list of my lists! I was up at 4:00 AM - couldn't sleep because I was so excited! 😁

I fear you will be sleep deprived by the time you leave VT.  Please try to figure out how to get some rest before your big adventure.  You will surely enjoy it more if you are awake.  :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

LOL, hopefully a good mix of both of us!

bon voyage

3 hours ago, britsbest said:

We  are on 3/3 and 10/3. Both were quite full last time we looked. March 17 Edge is full as she has been chartered. 

Bob

What is the Charter group?

I think if Spring breakers can afford the fares, they will like the EDGE,,,all the lights, bars, theater and the Club, gym...lots of food choices.

Spring break time also attracts families...I am technically a " geezer" and find that term  used in a post above to be offensive!  Seniors would be fine,..

Edited by hcat

16 minutes ago, hcat said:

We were originally booked on March 10 and 17. We saw that the sailing was removed from sale after about 6 weeks and it was rumoured on here that it was cancelled. Eventually we discovered that we had been bumped in favour of a charter. Later we heard she had been chartered by a medical company.

Yes we were compensated to bring forward the trip from 10 and 17 to 3rd and 10th

wevould just as easily have chosen these dates anyway 

Bob

55 minutes ago, hcat said:

I think if Spring breakers can afford the fares, they will like the EDGE,,,all the lights, bars, theater and the Club, gym...lots of food choices.

Spring break time also attracts families...I am technically a " geezer" and find that term  used in a post above to be offensive!  Seniors would be fine,..

Well, I am most likely geezier than you are, and I certainly did not mean it in an offensive way.  Personally, I hate the moniker "Senior" so, like most other things here on CC, maybe we can agree to disagree?  And, in the spirit of same, please accept my apology for offending you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Well, I am most likely geezier than you are, and I certainly did not mean it in an offensive way.  Personally, I hate the moniker "Senior" so, like most other things here on CC, maybe we can agree to disagree?  And, in the spirit of same, please accept my apology for offending you.

So refreshing to see such civility!  AND a new word??  “geezier”.  Love it, although I bet it is not gender-neutral.  Isn’t funny that the English language has these odd bits of gender, even though we don't have declensions and cases?  At any rate, feel free to refer to me as “old broad-ier”.  😏😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, msteries said:

So refreshing to see such civility!  AND a new word??  “geezier”.  Love it, although I bet it is not gender-neutral.  Isn’t funny that the English language has these odd bits of gender, even though we don't have declensions and cases?  At any rate, feel free to refer to me as “old broad-ier”.  😏😏

Thanks, but it BETTER be gender-neutral because I would be closer to old broadier than geezzier!

35 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Thanks, but it BETTER be gender-neutral because I would be closer to old broadier than geezzier!

"noun. Old geezer is a somewhat insulting term for an older person, especially one who is no longer cool, hip or with the times. An example of an old geezer is a grumpy old man who sits on his porch all day yelling at neighborhood kids. YourDictionary.com definition and usage example."

In the interests of gender fairness, I would be  a "geezette".. but hopefully still cool and hip!

And if the Van is on the ship in a non restricted area, I will pay my respects!

Just now, MizDemeanor said:

As long as you don't drive slow or drive with your blinker on for miles, I don't think you can be assigned the geezer label. 

We are seasonal residents of a place in Florida.. that has speed limits of 30, 40 and 45..strictly enforced...no gimmees ! When we go home to NY  we have to pick up the pace or get run off the road !

I think EDGE will offer  experiences to a varied clientele...nice to mix and mingle..