Live from Navigator - 12/9/2016 - Ship Goes A.B.C...Drink Count Goes 1.2.3...

After dinner we headed to the Seventies party on the Royal Promenade.

I haven't mentioned it, but Christina and I have become really close with Adam (Canada) and Antonio (Spain) on the Cruise Director Staff and have been hanging with them at most events, especially those involving dancing like the Navigator Music Fest (Day Six) as there aren't many partiers on this ship so we now are called out to liven things up.

Okay, back to Seventies night.

1606062654f3e93408002cf767d70a51.jpg

ca6b0a215e0ba9ae4a5d9ea55229ae0e.jpg

9bfeb0a8e267b630d08874ee49a6d0aa.jpg

This is the first time I think Cuddy really proved to me that he was a decent CD as most other events I have attended he has not been at.

That said, I should also note that I'm not a headliner or show guy unless it's a Comedian. I know many of you have asked about the quality of the shows and I am definitely not your guy. Here is my status in the Metropolis Theater.

fba2ad48b6d902be4ddb3490be0da960.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

Rick, seriously a phenomenal job doing your first ever LIVE cruise review. I enjoyed every moment of it, from the santa suit to the silver fox to the experiences you had on the ABC islands, to all the food and so much more... THANK YOU for taking us along with you on this trip! It was lots of fun :)

PS -- I think you should do this on future cruises too ;)

I did a drive through at the concierge lounge to grab coffee and a banana. However, coffee machine was out of order. [emoji53] It did provide for another opportunity to chat with CruisingGrandma and CruisingGranddad only to find out that the Loyalty Ambassador quit yesterday and the C&A Nation on board is without leadership this morning. Will the inmates take over the asylum?

Then a quick walk of the pool deck and it seems getting a deck chair won't be an issue today, which is good as I have cross fit at 10am and probably won't be out here until this afternoon to see the Silver Fox judge the Sexiest Man Contest.

The weather is fantastic, not too hot or humid. Wind is kicking though.

cf15f6d54df36ddcb8f43ae81fbc6160.jpg

I hope the bananas were in their proper place by the condiments. Thanks for the great review!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We were on cruise just before yours, Dec 4,2014,,and I have to say, after 48 cruises, our particular cruise, was totally BORING..No musical production show, juggler boring. (what were they thinking) 70's show and party and parade, same day of arrival,,,after traveling all day, muster drill, luggage arrival, unpacking,,dinner, welcome show, at 11PM , on COMPASS 70's party..POOR PLANNING, OR NO PLANNING. CUDDY, in my estimation CD, was a waste.

I think it is time for RCCL to rethink the activities on THE NAVIGATOR, I am a Diamond Plus Member of Crown & Anchor, and will not return on Navigator in the near future. Tobyhilda aka The Godmother

Edited by Tobyhilda
error Dec 4, 2016

I am on board now. On sea days the Windjammer is open 3:30 - 4:30 for snacks. Not on port days.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Does the WJ totally close at 9PM still? No late snacks; just Cafe Promenade? What is the state of that place these days? I'm getting spoiled by other lines much more youthful entertainment and more liberal late night snacking venues.

I am booked for the 9 day ABC on Navigator in spring 2018 so enjoying reading along.

Well I finally got caught up here tonight. Awesome job Rick! "Lights Of Contraception" hilarious! Husband and I still giggling over that!

York and Andrew I want to thank you for the Fritos posts that I happen to read just after enjoying a Frito chili pie on this cold night here in Texas!! I hope it stays down...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A good LA will make it happen. We have not changed levels in a long time, but we have earned crystal blocks based on a first leg scenario or jumping from one ship to another in a very short time frame. In that case we keep our sea pass cards and approach the LA on the first day to confirm the milestone.

I should note that the Guest Services desk was handling all Loyalty questions this week, which did get a little frustrating. However, I did finally get my block.

f5df2084fa417ef1fee2544b801547b3.jpg

Does the WJ totally close at 9PM still? No late snacks; just Cafe Promenade? What is the state of that place these days? I'm getting spoiled by other lines much more youthful entertainment and more liberal late night snacking venues.

I am booked for the 9 day ABC on Navigator in spring 2018 so enjoying reading along.

I don't think it closes directly at 9 PM, but shortly thereafter. I really don't find this to be a problem as the options at the CP are more than sufficient to satiate passengers in the late night hours.

I don't think it would be good business for Royal to keep a full buffet open so people could "snack." I believe the only ship I have seen the WJ open late is the Empress due to the lack of other venues to provide food to guests.

We were on cruise just before yours, Dec 4,2014,,and I have to say, after 48 cruises, our particular cruise, was totally BORING..No musical production show, juggler boring. (what were they thinking) 70's show and party and parade, same day of arrival,,,after traveling all day, muster drill, luggage arrival, unpacking,,dinner, welcome show, at 11PM , on COMPASS 70's party..POOR PLANNING, OR NO PLANNING. CUDDY, in my estimation CD, was a waste.

I think it is time for RCCL to rethink the activities on THE NAVIGATOR, I am a Diamond Plus Member of Crown & Anchor, and will not return on Navigator in the near future. Tobyhilda aka The Godmother

I don't think we had those issues due to the nine night itinerary. Although, I was surprised that we didn't have any other parties besides Music Fest and the Seventies party. I thought there would be some more "theme" events as those seemed to be the most well attended.

One thing I did notice and found interesting early in the week, was that the show time for late diners was actually after dinner as opposed to being before dinner (I.e 7 PM). I think that was a misstep especially given the age demographic on this sailing.

You must have been on a 5 day cruise and no matter WHO the CD is on a 5 day cruise, it is almost impossible to schedule everything easily on such a short cruise. So it does put lots of things on the first night of the cruise, IF you want as much as possible.