Live from Navigator - 12/9/2016 - Ship Goes A.B.C...Drink Count Goes 1.2.3...

How did you like the overall Sabor atmosphere/experience on the Navigator compared to the open-air Boardwalk feel on the Oasis class?

Apples and oranges. Rocco's Tacos versus Rosa Mexicano. Where I would go to Sabor almost daily on the Oasis to enjoy margaritas, guacamole and people watching, the Sabor on the Navigator is more of an upscale Mexican restaurant that is tucked away down on deck 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rick, look at the fad you have started.

This pic is from today's "Live with Kelly". They compared his suit to the ranks of Don Cherry. If you know who he is quite the comparison. He even owns the same suite as you. Trend Setter Rick!

9d42923fda278d6707f6d8684183b91d.jpg

Enjoy the day.

Edited by A&L_Ont

This pic is from today's "Live with Kelly". They compared his suit to the ranks of Don Cherry. If you know who he is quite the comparison. He even owns the same suite as you. Trend Setter Rick!

Enjoy the day.

Ha! Brilliant. The reference is not lost on me. Thanks for sharing. Now for the obvious question...who wore it best?

Rick should wear Kelly's shirt on lobster night.

Ha! Brilliant. The reference is not lost on me. Thanks for sharing. Now for the obvious question...who wore it best?

You, of course.:)

Rick should wear Kelly's shirt on lobster night.

Classic, he won't even need to wear the plastic bib. :D

Edited by A&L_Ont

First of all, I'm following this thread with lots of interest as we're booked for the same itinerary in mid-February 2017. Loving the humor and detail-sharing.

Questions:

- What Theta camera are you using? The S model? Looks great!

- Is Sabor strictly a dinner restaurant, or can one go for lunch and have that same full menu? We tend to like going to the MDR for dinner, so we'd hit Sabor on a sea day at lunch.

- Any news on if the drink card (10 for $79) can be used on drinks of any value, or a maximum value?

- How's the entertainment on board? We love catching the shows.

- Can you report on what kind of food is offered at the Promenade Cafe?

Thank you! Keep up the good work!

I grew up in Buffalo and I think you just triggered a flashback...Hockey Night in Canada?

Yep. Don Cherry on Hockey Night in Canada

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&authuser=0&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1600&bih=755&q=don+cherry+suits&oq=Don+Cherr&gs_l=img.1.1.0l10.2034.3470.0.6228.9.9.0.0.0.0.320.1076.0j5j0j1.6.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..3.6.1075.XjpV6bXUbho

Edited by dpostman

Random question, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Sabor guacamole is available in the Schooner Bar sometimes. Is it possible for you to confirm that this is true? And if it is, if you could find out the cost that would be great!

Sent from Tapatalk

What was the company that you booked the Curacao tour with, please?

Mentioned in this post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51755099&postcount=328

It was Irie Tours :) Their web site is the first hit on Google Search (for me, anyway).

I have made a note of that for myself to look into for my ABC sailing next year :cool:

Rick it looks like you are having a great time. We are doing this cruise in Feb. My question is in your opinion which nights offer the poorest selection in the mdr? We almost never do any of the upgraded dining but seriously thinking about it after reading many poor reviews of the food. Would be kind of nice to think ahead for a dining schedule. I have been trying to find menus but not much out there yet for this cruise. Sure looks like you are having a great time and I sure appreciate your efforts in taking us along.

Mentioned in this post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51755099&postcount=328

It was Irie Tours :) Their web site is the first hit on Google Search (for me, anyway).

I have made a note of that for myself to look into for my ABC sailing next year :cool:

We did the Irie Tour a few weeks ago in Curacao. We did the 8 hour tour that included lunch and it was $95/pp. I have good things to say about the tour we did, and also not so positive the tour company itself and staff are really good. No complaints there. The tour was VERY comprehensive so that part was good. They took us to several beaches (Beach Hopping Tour) which I DID want to see. However, there are very few opportunities for restrooms for such a long trip where they provide plenty of free beer. Usually when a restroom was available it was a pay toilet. And the driver did pay for my wife. However many of the beaches were trashy and poor. The "water' was nice but these beaches were not the greatest to hang out at. Even for an hour. The best beaches were Cas Abou but no 1 by far was Porto St Marie. Excellent facilities and beach bar. This happened to be the very last beach stop after a very long day. Many people said if they were to do this trip again, they would prefer just to get a ride to THIS beach and hang out here all day. This tour in lnvolved a LOT of driving.... so that was a negative but it's no fault of the tour company.

We also personally didn't care for the cliff jumping stop. A waste of time if you ask me. Jumping 40 feet into the water is not a risk I'd like to take lol

Finally the lunch was really good but we really paid for it in the tour fee. I'd rather skip THAT restaurant and go right to Porto St Marie and eat lunch THERE while we are enjoying that beach. It would probably cost less too.

Edited by OTownNick