Luggage tags

ddean52

When can I print my luggage tags and on what page do I do it from?

Usually (but not always), the luggage tags will be available 49 days prior to your sail date. You can find it in two places -- the second-to-last page of your Guest Ticket Booklet which is roughly a 20-page PDF file (under Cruise Documentation when you're logged into your account and viewing your cruise), and also as a separate luggage tag PDF file for download.

You don't need to print the luggage tag in colour if you don't want to.

You get to print your tags when your cruise document are issued which is typically at 49 days prior to your cruise departure date. Ours was on page 21 of the 22 in our documents for the Anthem cruise we are doing next month. This can also be found as separate one page PDF document by clicking on the print paper luggage tag button on your online check in page.

Edited by robtulipe

You can also just get them from the luggage handlers at your terminal too...I prefer to do this...your choice...Enjoy your cruise.

Problem with doing this is that the baggage handlers sometimes when hand writing in the cabin number on the tags they have do poorly or incorrectly so that your bags are delayed.

We had this happen to friends of ours and their bags weren't delivered until day 2 of their cruise because it was left outside of the wrong cabin. Definitely check the cabin number after it has been hand written on the tags by these handlers.

Edited by robtulipe

Problem with doing this is that the baggage handlers sometimes when hand writing in the cabin number on the tags they have do poorly or incorrectly so that your bags are delayed.

We had this happen to friends of ours and their bags weren't delivered until day 2 of their cruise because it was left outside of the wrong cabin. Definitely check the cabin number after it has been hand written on the tags by these handlers.

Sorry your friends had a bad experience...I always write the cabin number on these myself...many cruise's and no problems.

Sad it took 2 days for someone to notice these bags in the wrong location and just left sitting in the hallway. I would have certainly took notice if someone's bag was left in front of my cabin door....but that's just me ;)

Sorry your friends had a bad experience...I always write the cabin number on these myself...many cruise's and no problems.

Sad it took 2 days for someone to notice these bags in the wrong location and just left sitting in the hallway. I would have certainly took notice if someone's bag was left in front of my cabin door....but that's just me ;)

Then you are the exception. ;)

I regular see the baggage handler scribbling only the cabin number on the tags without any passenger name when we've dropped off our bags. With our printed tags I know our cabin information and name is on it and correct. I also make sure the tags are well secured to our bags.

Also it quicker to drop off our bags instead of having to have this done which sometimes has passengers lined up to have done.

Like you said it's an individual choice.

Then you are the exception. ;)

I regular see the baggage handler scribbling only the cabin number on the tags without any passenger name when we've dropped off our bags. With our printed tags I know our cabin information and name is on it and correct. I also make sure the tags are well secured to our bags.

Also it quicker to drop off our bags instead of having to have this done which sometimes has passengers lined up to have done.

Like you said it's an individual choice.

Nothing "exceptional" about me ;)

But I would hope that if luggage was left sitting in front of someone's (anyone's) cabin door after the first night that they would make sure to bring it to the attention of their cabin steward.

We don't even bother with luggage tags, we both take a medium size suitcase plus an over the shoulder carry on right on board, this way as soon as we have lunch we can go back to the cabin and unpack, we are unpacked before 99% of the passengers have even seen their luggage. We also do the Walk Off program, another reason not to over pack.

Edited by MISTER 67

Nothing "exceptional" about me ;)

But I would hope that if luggage was left sitting in front of someone's (anyone's) cabin door after the first night that they would make sure to bring it to the attention of their cabin steward.

If you read my post again you will see that I wrote our friends got their bags on day 2 of our cruise or one night later so the bags were eventually noticed by someone after one evening. Isuspect these were either left in front of an unoccupied cabin or were left outside a cabin late so if the occupants return after their evening out for supper and entertainment likely wouldn't have done anything until the next morning. It may have been a cabin attendant who noticed these were still in the corridor after an not normal period of time. All I know for sure is our friends had to go to guest services the morning of day 2 to get identify and get their bags. One would think the ship's staff could get the right cabin using the name information on bags, like the baggage handlers do, if the cabin number is incorrect or unknown due to a lost tag.

• 4 weeks later...

When is the last day to be able to print your luggage tags? My friend tried today to print hers & it said she couldn't do it within 14 days of cruise. That seems an awful long period of time to me. She leave in 7 days.

We are on Anthem in six days and our tags are still available for the two cabins we've booked. One has to complete their online check in at least 3 days prior according to the information on that web page. Has she done the online check in and has her cruise document been issued?

I see the statement on the cruise document page about luggage tags not being available because our cruise is within 13 days of sailing but that is for custom tags mailed to you from RCI which one must pay for.

Your friend should be able to still print her paper tag either from the second to last page in her cruise PDF document or by clicking on the luggage tag option on the online check in page which is shown below which will bring up a PDF for that page only. Both options should be available until the day her cruise starts.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401468&d=1483876958

Tags.jpg.28cef75f2472b858664f8b3e191fb500.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I would hope that the cabin steward would be sufficiently aware to notice the bags without having to be told!

As for the passengers, it was posted on the HAL board a number of years ago, when luggage was placed in your cabin and not left outside, two suitcases were delivered to the wrong cabin. Rather than reporting them to anyone, the occupants simply tucked them under the bed because they were in their way. The owners of the suitcases went without them for the duration of the cruise, and the bags were only discovered when the new occupants for the following cruise discovered them.

when i print me luggage tags from the rccl site, they are blank, and I have to fill in my own cabin number. Is this normal? i thought its already printed on for you.

Thanks

Our tag for the Anthem cruise we are on this Saturday had our cabin # on it but not our name just a dotted line under Guest Name heading where one could write their name in. Since it was a PDF the current Apache PDF Reader allows simple editing so I added our name with that prior to printing. Look for the Fill & Sign tab under Tools in the header. You could use this to add your cabin # as a simple fix.

Do you have a actual cabin currently or are you waiting for a guarantee assignment?

Edited by robtulipe

when i print me luggage tags from the rccl site, they are blank, and I have to fill in my own cabin number. Is this normal? i thought its already printed on for you.

Thanks

Not normal. Try printing the luggage tag image at the end of the cruise docs.