RCL changed my price after booking!

I've got a problem! I booked the 7 night Cuba itinerary when it came out two days ago. Here was the breakdown for an interior room:

$657 each, $111 in taxes = $768 each

Two people = $1537 (with change)

I put my $500 deposit down leaving a balance of $1037.

Last night I e-mailed them the voucher for a $1000 gift card thinking this is great, I will only owe $37! This morning I logged into to check if the gift card went through only to find that it shows my total charges of $2079! I still owe $1579!

How is this possible? The BIG problem? I never got an e-mail confirmation. I booked directly through RCL.

I've got a problem! I booked the 7 night Cuba itinerary when it came out two days ago. Here was the breakdown for an interior room:

Last night I e-mailed them the voucher for a $1000 gift card thinking this is great, I will only owe $37! This morning I logged into to check if the gift card went through only to find that it shows my total charges of $2079! I still owe $1579!

How is this possible? The BIG problem? I never got an e-mail confirmation. I booked directly through RCL.

Have never had an issue. But when I book I always get the confirmation immediately in an email. You should always make sure the email confirmation comes through. Just saying...K.O.

Something must be wrong because I just did a mock booking for the 7 night Cuba inclusive cruise, and it showed an interior as $1615 for 2 people not including gratuities. I would advise you not to worry as this cruise is far enough away from final payment date to clear it up.

It may take longer than a day for the gift card to be applied.

When you say you didn't get an email confirmation, are you saying that about when you booked the cruise or when you emailed the gift card voucher?

We booked on the Allure on Friday and I have email confirmation of our price and when we went on the website today our total was almost $3000 more. Something is wrong for sure.

Every time I tried to get on RC website yesterday the page came up with some goofy thing about it being down, so no telling what happened.

You have your booking confirmation so you should be fine. I would call Crown & Anchor tomorrow and speak with them about what you are seeing on the website.

It may take longer than a day for the gift card to be applied.

When you say you didn't get an email confirmation, are you saying that about when you booked the cruise or when you emailed the gift card voucher?

That math doesn't work either. They need to call Royal.

Hopefully this is a computer error. I've never heard of any booking on an cruise line going up in price after booking. Even when port fees and taxes went up on cruises I've taken, they've never charged anything additional for that.

Royal has had a continuing problem for almost 3 years now whereby cruises occasionally get re-priced "accidentally" when accessing (and not always changing) the booking.

Royal has had a continuing problem for almost 3 years now whereby cruises occasionally get re-priced "accidentally" when accessing (and not always changing) the booking.

It's ridiculous how long this has been going on for. I basically never log into My Cruises any more, to avoid triggering the bug that has personally hit me 3 times.

Is the cost/effort required to fix the bug worth more than all the call centre employee time and customer satisfaction they're burning to deal with every person who has encountered this issue and needs to call to get it corrected? :confused:

It's ridiculous how long this has been going on for. I basically never log into My Cruises any more, to avoid triggering the bug that has personally hit me 3 times.

Is the cost/effort required to fix the bug worth more than all the call centre employee time and customer satisfaction they're burning to deal with every person who has encountered this issue and needs to call to get it corrected? :confused:

I'll bet this "bug" is profitable for them, as I suspect a significant number of people dion't notice the change in cost.

I'll bet this "bug" is profitable for them, as I suspect a significant number of people dion't notice the change in cost.

I considered that, but maybe had more faith in people noticing if their vacation had gone up in price by a few hundred (or more) dollars...

I had a price increase (more than 1000$) before my final payment for a cruise in march. I've called RCI and they fixed the problem.

In my case, the system had removed the "kids sail free" promotion that I had. The represatative was very helpful. It's better to call RCI instead of emailing them in those cases.