Ovation review

pearlsz

We are 8708 starboard - just a few cabins from your lofty heights :)

And only 2kgs ??????

Well you are on Obese of the Seas - I feel fat just being here !!

Loved the comment from a Gavin I met on FlowRider last night "us fat bastards should get on here more" - after he had another go and fall from the board riding. Hey, I'm not that fat any more.

Ifly - sore shoulders last night. Interesting minute of ones life.

FlowRider ...soon

Warm day in Tauranga - after it started with cloud and drizzle. Noordam beat us in and took the better spot - but then the fatties needed the walk

LOL, when ever I see the queues snaking on and off the ship and all the fatties (as you call it) are waddling on or off, I have a strong urge to sing 'What'll I do'.

one minute in.

Docked Wellington today

GREAT to have shuttle buses into the CBD - as the walking distance would be a killer for some.

SECURITY OVERKILL @ the gate to the dock - please have sea pass plus some photo ID ready - this is way before you get on board. They are going to have a 'fun' time checking everyone on a full bus (we came back with only 5 on board and she was asking year of birth for those without ID)

Anyway - Ovation : got a call last night - we don't need to get room cleaned every day - every 3-4 days - housekeeping manager must have been so 'concerned' !!!

Still waiting for the Cartier 75% off sale !!! Got my eye on that $30,000 piece in the window.

Time for North Star when everyone is in town

some bad winds on the 19th Jan...

we MAY or MAY NOT make Dunedin

Capt is stating that it might not be possible to get there - all depends on the front that is coming thru. Very strong winds expected - and window of entry may be difficult.

But that is two days away - we have Picton and then a cruising day

some bad winds on the 19th Jan...

we MAY or MAY NOT make Dunedin

Capt is stating that it might not be possible to get there - all depends on the front that is coming thru. Very strong winds expected - and window of entry may be difficult.

But that is two days away - we have Picton and then a cruising day

The captain's briefings are very interesting (channel 41 I think) but they do tend to be very cautious in setting out what may or may not happen due to the weather. We had numerous warnings about missing or being late to port but apart from 1 hour delay in the Picton arrival, the timings were managed.

The captain's briefings are very interesting (channel 41 I think) but they do tend to be very cautious in setting out what may or may not happen due to the weather. We had numerous warnings about missing or being late to port but apart from 1 hour delay in the Picton arrival, the timings were managed.

Better to do that, then spring a negative surprise at the last minute.

Generally they do want to make things go to plan, so will still work to achieve that. But if there's a risk good to pass it on so people can prepare as necessary.

Better to do that, then spring a negative surprise at the last minute.

Generally they do want to make things go to plan, so will still work to achieve that. But if there's a risk good to pass it on so people can prepare as necessary.

Yes, but it seems it (possible changes) upsets more people than if they actually changed the itinerary. In any case, I prefer the fore warning.:D

We have heard that the Ovation will overnight in Port Chalmers (Dunedin) tomorrow (Wednesday).

Mmmmm

Haven't 'heard /seen' from Captn Henrick on TV today - with his pointer.

It would be traveling (speed wise)!to get into Dunedin for Wednesday night given we are in Picton this Tuesday.

Sitting in the room - Shrek 4 is showing....... YET AGAIN

this reminds me of this cruise

46065-puss-in-boots-cartoon-fat-gif

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/shrek/picks/show/469278/who-looks-cuter-thin-puss-boots-fat-puss-boots

46065-puss-in-boots-cartoon-fat-gif

Edited by shireboi

We have heard that the Ovation will overnight in Port Chalmers (Dunedin) tomorrow (Wednesday).

Just checked the shipping schedule

Date Vessel IMO_No Voyage Move Berth Time Agent From To

17 Jan 17 JPO Taurus 9400174 TAR141N Arrival C/T 18:00 Cosco Auckland Lyttelton

18 Jan 17 Caledonian Sky 8802870 Arrival T/U sheds 07:30 ISS-McKay Akaroa Stewart Island

18 Jan 17 JPO Taurus 9400174 TAR141N Departure C/T 15:00 Cosco Auckland Lyttelton

18 Jan 17 Ovation Of The Seas 9697753 Arrival Beach 15:30 ISS-McKay Picton Milford Sound

18 Jan 17 Caledonian Sky 8802870 Departure T/U sheds 18:30 ISS-McKay Akaroa Stewart Island

19 Jan 17 Celebrity Solstice Arrival M/P 07:00 ISS-McKay Fiordland Akaroa

19 Jan 17 Ovation Of The Seas 9697753 Departure Beach 17:00 ISS-McKay Picton Milford Sound

Just checked the shipping schedule

Date Vessel IMO_No Voyage Move Berth Time Agent From To

17 Jan 17 JPO Taurus 9400174 TAR141N Arrival C/T 18:00 Cosco Auckland Lyttelton

18 Jan 17 Caledonian Sky 8802870 Arrival T/U sheds 07:30 ISS-McKay Akaroa Stewart Island

18 Jan 17 JPO Taurus 9400174 TAR141N Departure C/T 15:00 Cosco Auckland Lyttelton

18 Jan 17 Ovation Of The Seas 9697753 Arrival Beach 15:30 ISS-McKay Picton Milford Sound

18 Jan 17 Caledonian Sky 8802870 Departure T/U sheds 18:30 ISS-McKay Akaroa Stewart Island

19 Jan 17 Celebrity Solstice Arrival M/P 07:00 ISS-McKay Fiordland Akaroa

19 Jan 17 Ovation Of The Seas 9697753 Departure Beach 17:00 ISS-McKay Picton Milford Sound

Thank you for posting the amended shipping schedule for Port Otago.

Our source of information is very reliable.

Capt Henrik is stating arrive at 4pm tomorrow - and can 'simulate' the ship using his pen on this map !!!

We've had fantastic weather on this trip - a lot of hot sunny days.

Nice day here in Peecton

There has been plenty of baked cottage cheese near the pool :eek:

:D

Edited by shireboi

Yes, but it seems it (possible changes) upsets more people than if they actually changed the itinerary. In any case, I prefer the fore warning.:D

There's always whingers. But I daresay there'd be more if the itinerary changed! (Look at the RCL Port Kembla visits for an example...)

Capt Henrik is stating arrive at 4pm tomorrow - and can 'simulate' the ship using his pen on this map !!!

We've had fantastic weather on this trip - a lot of hot sunny days.

Nice day here in Peecton

There has been plenty of baked cottage cheese near the pool :eek:

:D

Very cool displays, my wife cannot get enough of watching him.;)

The cottage cheese doesn't sound good at all.

Shereboi or others on ovation right now can. Ask when you lined up for tickets to get the tender in Bay of Islands, and what time you made it across. Have a private tour booked and worried about the timing. Your earlier post mentioned it was 30-40 minutes earlier then expected, but was hoping for a bit more info. Thanks. Can't wait to get on board on the 28th. First time to Australia and New Zealand.

The overnight stay of Ovation of the Seas in Port Chalmers has made the front page of the Otago Daily Times today.

The i-site will be open at the port from 4 pm to 9 pm.

Tomorrow Celebrity Solstice will also be in port, Seven Seas Voyager will arrive a day early, docking after the Ovation leaves.

The overnight stay of Ovation of the Seas in Port Chalmers has made the front page of the Otago Daily Times today.

The i-site will be open at the port from 4 pm to 9 pm.

Tomorrow Celebrity Solstice will also be in port, Seven Seas Voyager will arrive a day early, docking after the Ovation leaves.

Busy couple of days for the locals and especially the shuttle buses to Dunedin.:D