Grandeur of The Seas

BrnBrok

Starting my early planning for an upcoming cruise in December 2017. Does anyone know where Grandeur of The Seas docks in St. Thomas?

It varies. It can be Crown Bay or the West Indian/Havensight area. It depends on where the total number ships are assigned overall. On my 11/28 Grandeur cruise, we were bumped to Havensight because Anthem was assigned Crown Bay. For my 1/3 Grandeur cruise, we are currently scheduled for Crown Bay.

You will be able to Oogle St. Thomas arrivals as you get closer to your sail date and find your assignment.

It should be Crown Bay. There's a fairly new agreement between RCI and St Thomas. Basically, all RCI and Celebrity ships are docking at Crown Bay now. Occasionally that may change to Havensight, but priority is for Crown Bay. We were the only ship (Grandeur) in St Thomas in Nov and we were at Crown Bay.

Edited by BND

I was not happy that there was a change in port location on my last cruise .In my 9 previous cruises that we docked it was always in the same place and I enjoyed the walk to town .

With you on that one. I had previously checked and expected us to be at Crown Bay. It changed my plans.

It should be Crown Bay. There's a fairly new agreement between RCI and St Thomas. Basically, all RCI and Celebrity ships are docking at Crown Bay now. Occasionally that may change to Havensight, but priority is for Crown Bay. We were the only ship (Grandeur) in St Thomas in Nov and we were at Crown Bay.

The first week in December, the Grandeur was at Havensight but had to tender.

The first week in December, the Grandeur was at Havensight but had to tender.

That's very unusual. I've seen other smaller cruise lines tender there, but not RCI. It was weird being the only ship in port when we were there. They were expecting 4 or 5 ships a couple of days after us. Our cab driver showed us a small local newspaper that listed the ships that were coming in that week and on what days.

We were on the Grandeur for the 12/10-22/16 cruise and we were 1 of 6 ships in port and since we were the smallest, we had to tender. It wasn't that bad and we tendered right into town. We love eating at the Green House and we were only a block away.

We were on the Grandeur for the 12/10-22/16 cruise and we were 1 of 6 ships in port and since we were the smallest, we had to tender. It wasn't that bad and we tendered right into town. We love eating at the Green House and we were only a block away.

That is the only way to go when in St Thomas especially if all you are going to do is a little wandering around and shopping downtown. Did it years ago off the SS Norway. It was a great experience. Second choice for me is Havensight. Crown Bay seems too cruiseline controlled for my liking.

I just got back from our cruise on the Grandeur and we had to anchor and tender into downtown St. Thomas. It was because there were 6 ships in port that day, so of course, being the smallest ship there, we got the short end of the stick... It really wasn't that bad, but they had to use the lifeboats as tenders, since tendering is not the norm in ST. It was nice that we got off right downtown. Of course, if you want Havensight, you will have to walk or take the taxi. But, you will most likely be at Crown Bay from now on. This was just an unusual situation.

Gwen [emoji1335]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks to all for your quick response. I too prefer docking at a pier rather than tendering. I thought that was a thing of the past on RCCL. I will use the tools suggested to look at the schedule for Dec 2017 as I make my plans.

Thanks to all for your quick response. I too prefer docking at a pier rather than tendering. I thought that was a thing of the past on RCCL. I will use the tools suggested to look at the schedule for Dec 2017 as I make my plans.

Come join us on December 9.....it is always a great time to cruise. Plus it's our anniversary December 19th. Nice way to celebrate. Have been cruising this time of year for several years now. Love it! Lots of repeat cruisers.....like family getting together for the holidays.

Gwen [emoji1335]

Sent from my iPad using Forums