Earliest you'd consider from FLL

nbsjcruiser

Just curious how fast Princess self disembarkation is and what's the earliest flight you would consider from FLL. I'm thinking I'd easily do 10AM but I'm curious what others either have done or would consider. We're sailing on the Royal Princess on a 10 day in February and the ship returns on a Friday so its not like there will be 7 or 8 ships in that day. The Royal might actually be the only ship in that day.

thanks

We did Walk off on the CB on the 17th. We were at the gate by 8:10 am. I book flights around 9:15 am if im doing walk off. Princess will always say 11am or later. Ive flown to Newark and at my house by noon.

Barring some delay. If you do walk off. You can be at the airport by 8am easy......a flight eaving after 9am is not only doable.....its a no brainer. IMHO

Edited by blkspy

Just curious how fast Princess self disembarkation is and what's the earliest flight you would consider from FLL. I'm thinking I'd easily do 10AM but I'm curious what others either have done or would consider. We're sailing on the Royal Princess on a 10 day in February and the ship returns on a Friday so its not like there will be 7 or 8 ships in that day. The Royal might actually be the only ship in that day.

thanks

Big difference between what you can make and what your comfortable with.

I routinely make 7:30 to 8:00 AM flights off the Regal/Royal in FLL. However, I can change flights at no cost so I have nothing to lose. If I had to eat the cost of a missed airline ticket then for me it would be 11:00 AM or later.

In my experience it has not made a difference if there are nine or one ship in port.

Edited by Todd320

I have read previous posts on making the 10am or earlier flights. Barring any ship delay and the proximity of FLL, it could really be doable. But we have always preferred to be on the safe side and avoid stress of worrying on the last day. We take flights not earlier than 11am.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've disembarked in FLL and several times, the ship wasn't cleared for disembarkation until after 9am. People were crying and begging to get off the ship but were told there was nothing that could be done.

What the OP isn't taking into consideration is that February is vacation time in south Florida and even on a Friday, the airport will be jammed. It's not just cruise ships in port but winter vacationers who they should be thinking about. I've had it take up to two hours to just get through check-in and security.

Count me as someone who wouldn't consider booking a flight before 11am. It's just not worth the possible anxiety and stress to me. I've seen too many things go wrong.

I have not seen Global Entry mentioned so I will. We have gotten off the ship at terminal 2 in Port Everglades in the middle of disembarkation to find a very long line UP stairs with no movement. We pulled out our plastic GE cards and were allowed down the escalator and straight to a very short GE line without stopping. It saved a lot of time.

thanks

On the 20th we disembarked the Royal in the B walk off group. We were scheduled for 6:40 but they opened the doors for us at about 6:25. We were in the cab before 7:00 and at FLL by 7:30. Had 1 bag to check with Virgin, no line. Cleared security with short TSA pre line, but even the regular line was only 5-10 mins. We were at the gate by 8:00AM for a 10:10 flight. This was a Tuesday with only 4 ships in port and I think we were first to arrive. Port Everglades is supposed to have the mobile passport app up and running but it was not working but the regular CPB line moved fairly well as the bulk of our shipmates were carrying US passports.

Would check when your arrival is and would certainly suggest self walk off. None of the luggage was out to be picked up by the time we left

I think I am a big old risk taker... Next time I go out of FLL, I will probably shot for the 8:20 am. With that said, I would have a contingency plan, and be willing to pay for a flight change. I also would only do this if I had carry-on bags. I have to add the caveat, that I have global entry, which would expedite things at court and at the airport. The next flight goes out 10:30.

Domestic flight you would be okay. Flying to canada not so much

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

Flying to Canada from FLL is no different than flying domestic.

The main requirement for anyone cutting it close is that bags must be checked 60 mins before flight time. You might get 45 mins with some domestic carriers, so not much different - and some are 60.

With carry-on, it's no different.