Really???????

Capitan52

True, more or less - depending on stateroom categories ... plenty of deep, open shelves.

Solution - easy, we always travel & use packing cubes (eBags, Eagle Creeks & Idea branded ... in variety of sizes & shape, to keep items neat & organized) - make it simple to unpack & repack, and find things, without losing or forgetting anything when we disembark.

There are a few shelves with doors.

I just looked at my photos from our regular balcony stateroom on the Escape, and there are actually no drawers - but plenty of shelves and closets for storage. It didn't cause any problems though - in fact, I didn't even notice that there weren't any drawers in the cabin until I read your question and took a look at my Escape photos....

We were just on the Getaway; no drawers. We were worried about storage but somehow we found a space for everything. The shelves are fairly deep and there is storage under the bathroom sink.

But, a couple of drawers would have been nice!

For balcony staterooms, the big closet has about 5 deep, open shelves - and the one remaining shelf partially occupied by the small in-room safe is perfect for smaller items ... a "half" or "quarter" or "slim" packing tube is perfect, keeping loose items together.

See pictures below for visuals - note that all the contents of a typical 22" carry-on expandable roller (for a 7 day cruise,) aside from digital gadgets in a Pack-It Sac are taken out, tightly packed in 4 appropriately sized packing cubes. It just took up one of the shelves.

Even for those packing a full 25" roller or spinner - 2 of these deep shelves will easily replace 3 or more "traditional" drawers ... plus it keep your contents clean. It's how one travel for business & literally live out of the suitcase and carry-on/backpack.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150323_1337%20%281024x768%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150323_1351%20%28600x%20800%29.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/delta128m/Travel%20-%20General%20Fly%20n%20Stay/IMG150527_2158_zps1aqyoyb9.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/delta128m/Travel%20-%20General%20Fly%20n%20Stay/IMG150610_102_zpsnzdnwrnf.jpg

Is it true that there are only shelves and no drawers in the escape cabins??? Has this presented any problems to any of you that have sailed???

Pretty standard. Never, ever had any problems.

No big chest of drawers on the Escape (or any other ship). Last time we saw that was in the movie titanic.

While I prefer drawers because they keep things out of sight and no chance of items falling by the way side if you think about it shelves are much cleaner. Easily wiped off and nobody else's hair, gunk or whatever in the bottom and especially the corners.

With such quick TAT's there's no way the steward can really clean everything...

While I prefer drawers because they keep things out of sight and no chance of items falling by the way side if you think about it shelves are much cleaner. Easily wiped off and nobody else's hair, gunk or whatever in the bottom and especially the corners.

With such quick TAT's there's no way the steward can really clean everything...

Exactly!!!! Have seen some gunk....:(

What is wrong with people that this could be an actual, real-life problem?

If you look up 'First world problems' in a dictionary, the definition is probably 'there are only shelves and no drawers in my cabin on my caribbean cruise'

*face palm*

Edited by SquishTheWhale

From what I understand, plenty of room under the bed for luggage?

I'm a drawer snob but I'm on vacation so I think I can manage just fine with shelves. As long as there is sun and warm weather, I'll have a smile.