Amazing Cruise on Koninsdam 12-14-12-23

oliver1821

The ship was excellent in all respects, the cabins were nice with loads of storage space. Cabin stewards were very good. The food in the main dining room was excellent with lots to choose from. Ate in the Pinnacal, Tamarind and Cannaletto, all were outstanding!

This was my forth Holland cruise and I'm definitely sailing with them again soon! Former Celebrity fan, but I think Holland does a better job.

The spa package with the hydrotherapy pool was so worth it and we used it every day.

Don't listen to the negative reviews, some people will never be satisfied and are so negative.

The weather was great in all the ports we stopped in. Love Half Moon Cay and the Turks and Caicos. The one excursions we took in St. Martin was great with a BBQ lunch. They had to cancel St. Kitts due to high winds. Our excursion in Tortola was also cancelled due to a clean up, whatever that means. We enjoyed the beach with crystal clear waters on all of the ports.

We met wonderful people on this trip, most not first time cruises. My cruise buddy had not done a cruise in 35 years and was very impressed with the ship.

Happy sailings!!

We strongly agree with you. Koningsdam offers one of a kind experience in a spectacular colourful and modern environnment with great food, splendid venues, modern high tech features, wonderful staterooms and dedicated service, as always the best at sea for a premium line like HAL.

We enjoyed our recent 28 day cruise in the MED all the way to FLL and are going back on her next summer for an even longer cruise.

The interactive large screen tvs in the stateroom, the 200 degrees panoramic stage in the showroom and the delicacies of the Royal dutch café and the NY deli, as well as the wonderful musical presentations at Lincoln center stage and B B kings, all made our cruise exceptional. Tamarind and the newer better culinary center were also highly appreciated by our group of friends.

It is great to concentrate on what the Koningsdam can offer, rather than mopping endlessly on what she has not....(no large library and no lounge chairs on the promenade;) ) The other HAL ships offer that but you are missing on hundreds of new features. Not that important to us fortunately. Our verandah and our own reading material did a good job....the ship is worth a try. You may become addicted to her, we did.

Edited by happyglobetrotter

The ship was excellent in all respects, the cabins were nice with loads of storage space. Cabin stewards were very good. The food in the main dining room was excellent with lots to choose from. Ate in the Pinnacal, Tamarind and Cannaletto, all were outstanding!

This was my forth Holland cruise and I'm definitely sailing with them again soon! Former Celebrity fan, but I think Holland does a better job.

The spa package with the hydrotherapy pool was so worth it and we used it every day.

Don't listen to the negative reviews, some people will never be satisfied and are so negative.

The weather was great in all the ports we stopped in. Love Half Moon Cay and the Turks and Caicos. The one excursions we took in St. Martin was great with a BBQ lunch. They had to cancel St. Kitts due to high winds. Our excursion in Tortola was also cancelled due to a clean up, whatever that means. We enjoyed the beach with crystal clear waters on all of the ports.

We met wonderful people on this trip, most not first time cruises. My cruise buddy had not done a cruise in 35 years and was very impressed with the ship.

Happy sailings!!

Wonderful to hear your feedback! 9 days until we board the King! :)

Just got off the Koningsdam this morning and the only thing I don't agree with is the service. Our experience in the main dining room was awful, in the Lido it was haphazard, and we had a major issue in the Pinnacle (which they more than made up for with a free meal on another night). Our room stewards never made up our room unless we asked. Not nitpicking- just telling our experience. Overall we liked the ship and had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well , we had a great cruise with great service and excellent food 12/14 - 12/23.

I wrote a review the day after we got home but it hasn't appeared here yet . The only disappointment was missing St Kitts , which is one of the places we have never seen .

Just got off the Koningsdam this morning and the only thing I don't agree with is the service. Our experience in the main dining room was awful, in the Lido it was haphazard, and we had a major issue in the Pinnacle (which they more than made up for with a free meal on another night). Our room stewards never made up our room unless we asked. Not nitpicking- just telling our experience. Overall we liked the ship and had a great time.

I have never heard of a steward who had to be asked to make up a room. Sometimes, if you are in the room when they make their rounds you will get skipped temporarily. When this happens, we will usually let them know when we leave so they can get in. This happens a lot since we spend more time in our room than most people - We always have breakfast in our room. But I don't consider this poor service, it is just the steward trying to be polite, while still trying to time it so he can clean several rooms.

Edited by Tom O.

I have cruised quite a bit before (I am platinum on RCCL and have cruised also on HAL, princess and Celebrity) and this was the first time we ever had an issue with the room stewards. We would leave the room for breakfast and come back two hours later and the room would not be done. Leave again and come back after 12 and room not done. We finally resorted to leaving the Yes tag on the door to get the room done. On every single other cruise I have been on when you went to breakfast the cabin was done when you came back. I understand it was a full cruise with a lot of work for the stewards, but this happened every day. And we weren't gone just a few minutes.

I have cruised quite a bit before (I am platinum on RCCL and have cruised also on HAL, princess and Celebrity) and this was the first time we ever had an issue with the room stewards. We would leave the room for breakfast and come back two hours later and the room would not be done. Leave again and come back after 12 and room not done. We finally resorted to leaving the Yes tag on the door to get the room done. On every single other cruise I have been on when you went to breakfast the cabin was done when you came back. I understand it was a full cruise with a lot of work for the stewards, but this happened every day. And we weren't gone just a few minutes.

Very unusual but really annoying, especially if you need replenishment on toiletries. Full cruise or not, your steward was simply irresponsible. Hope you don't encounter such crew on your next.

Did you by chance leave a card in the light slot? This will make it appear someone's in the cabin.

I think you and your family will love it!!! Been on over 40 cruises on almost all the lines since the late 70s, stopped counting at 40, and I assure you the Kdam is a wonderful ship with lots to do for all ages.

Happy sailings!