Best Beach to Go To in St. Thomas?

We are arriving in Charlotte, Amalie on Jan. 11th from 11am to 7pm on Oasis. We'd love to go to a nice beach that is easy to get to, but also has someplace close to eat at.

Any recommendations. and if so, how did you get to it? It's our first time in St. Thomas. There will be 5 adults going.

Thank you!!

Coki is nice too - 10 min ride

Second this one - was gorgeous and not rocky!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why do you say that? I haven't been there recently, but it's always been one of my favorites in the Caribbean.

When we were there our guide explained that there was little water movement in Megan's Bay and the water wasn't good - don't know if it's true or not, but we prefer to stay away from crowds anyway;)

When we were there our guide explained that there was little water movement in Megan's Bay and the water wasn't good - don't know if it's true or not, but we prefer to stay away from crowds anyway;)

I'm not sure what your guide was talking about. When in St. Thomas, this is the beach that we go to. Water is calm to swim and plenty of trees for shade. It's easy to get to and the view as you climb the mountain to get to Magen's is spectacular especially when many cruise ships are in port. The cattle cars that get you there is an experience. lol

I'm not sure what your guide was talking about. When in St. Thomas, this is the beach that we go to. Water is calm to swim and plenty of trees for shade. It's easy to get to and the view as you climb the mountain to get to Magen's is spectacular especially when many cruise ships are in port. The cattle cars that get you there is an experience. lol

She said that because of the shape of the basin there was not a lot of natural water movement and that at times the water was less than healthy and that most of the locals avoided swimming there because of that...like I said, not sure if it's true, but being a girl raised on back waters/swamps/bays it makes sense. There are areas here that I don't swim because of that exact reason. Just sayin';)

She said that because of the shape of the basin there was not a lot of natural water movement and that at times the water was less than healthy and that most of the locals avoided swimming there because of that...like I said, not sure if it's true, but being a girl raised on back waters/swamps/bays it makes sense. There are areas here that I don't swim because of that exact reason. Just sayin';)

I agree. Toured the whole island and Morning Star Beach is still my favorite.

Coki is nice too - 10 min ride

Forums

Coki Beach is not a 10 min ride.

More like 35 min at the least. Probably much longer depending on the number of ships that day.

Most of the popular beaches are on the other side of the island.

They don't look far but traffic in St.Thomas sucks and is slow.

However Emerald Beach Resort is located behind where the Oasis docks next to the airport. Very close and has everything you need.

That is very close..

Edited by matj2000

Magen's Bay beach is the most popular beach. Since this is the case Id expect frequent cruisers to recommend something else. However since you have never been there, I would definitely recommend Magen's Bay. We did not find it to be crowded whatsoever and there were I believe 5 ships there when we went. Its easy to get to, and they have tons of transportation waiting at the pier to take you there. Its supposedly one of the National Geographic top 10 beaches in the world and Id agree. Yes the water is very calm, not many waves (I like waves too). But their beach bar is incredible, and if you've never been there I think its something you should see. The scenery with the mountains all around is also a draw. It is absolutely beautiful.

Edited by jetta8300

I should have read a little closer.

If this is your first time in St.Thomas.

You need to go to Megan's Bay at least once.

That place is a must do and the ride is great.

The views at the top of the hill are worth the trip alone...

We usually go there 1st, than somewhere else the rest of the day....

Coki Beach is not a 10 min ride.

More like 35 min at the least. Probably much longer depending on the number of ships that day.

Most of the popular beaches are on the other side of the island.

They don't look far but traffic in St.Thomas sucks and is slow.

However Emerald Beach Resort is located behind where the Oasis docks next to the airport. Very close and has everything you need.

That is very close..

Matt is right. Crown Bay, where the Oasis Class ships docks to which the OP is on, is 30 minutes to Coki. On top of that is the time that it takes to load the taxi.

Coki is really nice and a different vibe from Meagan's Bay with is also wonderful. After being to Meagans multiple times we checked out Emerald and it is a nice spot too. We like it because it is exceptionally close to Crown Bay.

Without a lot of natural water movement, this natural beach wouldn't even exist.

We've been to St. Thomas a few times and have only been to Emerald Beach at the Best Western. It was quick and easy to get there. We've seen Magen's Bay from a tour taxi and have seen Coki Beach when we went to Coral World. I think we should plan on either Magen's Bay or Sapphire the next time we go. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone for your advice on going to a beach, we have decided we do want to visit Magen's Bay, our time on the island isn't that long, so we really do want to go see it.

I appreciate all your help in making this decision. One week and we'll be in the sunshine!!

Happy 2017 Everyone!!:)