Breakfast "to go" from Dining Room?

paminohio

I tried to get my dessert to go as I was too full to eat it. I was not allowed to take it with me but they did deliver it to my cabin, wrapped nicely with a cloth napkin and silverware. Go figure.

I LOVE Eggs Benedict with salmon but also love to eat breakfast on my balcony. Am I able to go to the dining room and take my food to go? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Pam

You can get eggs Benedict and salmon at the buffet without the hassle of the MDR.

I can see why NCL wouldn't want people carrying plates of food around the ship and leaving them in random spots. Not saying that's what you would do but imagine hundreds of dirty plates, cups and silverware all over the pool decks and in the hallways and stairs. I'm sure it could become a problem. If they deliver it to their room, at least they have some control over it.

You can get eggs Benedict and salmon at the buffet without the hassle of the MDR.

Agree this is a much better option if they have it on your sailing. I'm always grabbing a plate of food off the buffet to take back to my cabin; whether it's pastries in the morning for cabin mates sleeping in or afternoon or late evening snacks. No issues.

I can see why NCL wouldn't want people carrying plates of food around the ship and leaving them in random spots. Not saying that's what you would do but imagine hundreds of dirty plates, cups and silverware all over the pool decks and in the hallways and stairs. I'm sure it could become a problem. If they deliver it to their room, at least they have some control over it.

They did try to ban it a while back but the backlash was such that they removed the ban. On the Star from Rome to Singapore there was some crockery and cutlery in the corridors at times but really very little. There were lots more dirty glasses left all round the ship.

Just be discrete and watch out for the food police. Apparently, some CC'ers reporting being stopped & refused for items to be taken out - specifically, O'Sheehan's. It's fine to move around & take items in the buffet.

I thought I read recently that salmon has disappeared from the buffet but can sometimes be "located" by asking the crew & they can get some from the gallery for you.

One or two tiny pieces of smoked salmon just don't work for me - now, this is a good starter to build my own.

da0c92b412f2e5a8749a63460e24baf7.jpg

Edited by mking8288

I haven't seen, or heard of, a sit down restaurant staffed (or designed) for carry out on any NCL ship.

I LOVE Eggs Benedict with salmon but also love to eat breakfast on my balcony. Am I able to go to the dining room and take my food to go? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Pam

They are not set up with disposable take-out boxes and bags for people to carry out large amounts of food, but people are just asking for some cling film or a plate cover so they can carry one plate out of the dining room. And maybe some silverware rolled up in a napkin. These things are available. But I can understand if they want to discourage people from doing it.

1) the eggs Benedict at the buffet in no way compare to having them freshly cooked in the MDR.

2) they no longer have salmon in the buffet. At least they didn't on the Gem on my December 4th sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk