Oasis - The Chopped Liver Cruise

Wow! Must have been a very heavy load of upper tier C&A members! :eek:

On my first and only previous Oasis cruise, when they had the tiny little DL

just above the promenade...they held the whole cocktail event in the disco

Blaze. The current DL was the CL at that time with no SL.

Not even sure if Blaze still exists? Will be very interesting to check out all

the changes in a couple of weeks. :)

Run down of past guest on board

618 Platinums

261 Emeralds

463 Diamonds

289 Diamon Plus

36 Pinnacle Club

Top Cruiser: 2047 points

Blaze still exists.

Sent from a mobile device

618 Platinums

261 Emeralds

463 Diamonds

289 Diamon Plus

36 Pinnacle Club

Blaze still exists.

Wow!! That is a bunch!! 752 D's and D+. Wonder how many pax the new DL

location holds? Of course the Pinnacles have choice of SL or DL even on

C&A heavy cruises?

Another reason to go just after MDR first seating starts to find available

seats in the lounge. ;)

Edited by island lady

Wow!! That is a bunch!! 752 D's and D+. Wonder how many pax the new DL

location holds? Of course the Pinnacles have choice of SL or DL even on

C&A heavy cruises?

Another reason to go just after MDR first seating starts to find available

seats in the lounge. ;)

Agree, Dazzles really wasn't that crowded before the first seating. However it did thin out afterwards.

If intresed in reading my 2am and other ramblings during the Dec 11th and 18th cruises: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2430630

FYI: As far as the invite for meal with an officer, we have never received that in

our cabin upon check in. It always comes a day or so later on a card with choices:Galley tour, Bridge tour, theater tour, and meal with an officer. You check off any

or all of the choices and drop it off to the LA on board.

They then send you the individual invite cards of what you have chosen with the

times and locations listed.

Oasis was doing an overflow lounge for the Diamond lounge, even with the

new larger location (old CL) and the upstairs opened up? :eek:

Not sure when the card should have arrived, but we received ours 2 hours before it as due back. I guess I was lucky I ran back to the cabin for something, or we would have missed the deadline to return the card. Would have been easy to drop off with to the LA on board, if he was EVER at the desk! We left it on his desk and crossed our fingers that he would see it.

How would one know that there was an overflow lounge, or where it was located?

M

How would one know that there was an overflow lounge, or where it was located?

M

I didn't even know about Dazzles being used for overflow until someone we were traveling with mentioned it. Didn't notice it on the letter...

All I ever saw was the Private Function sign outside.

Diamond Concierge Letter: https://goo.gl/q2TXIA

Diamond Plus Sheet: https://goo.gl/x1m7Y9

Edited by chandom

618 Platinums

261 Emeralds

463 Diamonds

289 Diamon Plus

36 Pinnacle Club

Blaze still exists.

Hi Chandom - - I was on this sailing. Only went to DL one night because we generally prefer a drink somewhere around the ship. Of course, we didn't learn of the Dazzles option until the end of the cruise. We were guests of friends with suite lounge/Costal Kitchen privileges so we did go to the SL and CK one evening.

Not sure of the breakout of the point level D+ cruisers but there were less than 24 at the ( over 350 point ) Officer lunch. It was a nice event. There was a separate event for Pinnacle members.

Thanks,

m

Agree, Dazzles really wasn't that crowded before the first seating. However it did thin out afterwards.

If intresed in reading my 2am and other ramblings during the Dec 11th and 18th cruises: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2430630

Wow!! I was on Rhapsody on 12/10 for a week. Did not spend a lot of time

online and missed out seeing your great review. Really good job! Thanks for supplying the

link! :)

Edited by island lady

On most ships, the meal with an officer is extremely nice. Some even do place cards. Capt Liz and all sr officers were at the tables on Jewel. The meal is usually very special with usually 3 entrees, several appetizers , a special dessert, and wine. Held in the main dinning room or a special restaurant. Some are actually better than a Capt table in the main dinning room. A very nice perk for those 340 and over.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Radiance it was lunch in the MDR with the Brasserie 30 menu. The Officer at our table had a bottle of San Pellegrino but all the passengers got ships water, kind of rude I thought. However on Empress we got dinner with the Staff captain at the Captains table with a wonderful special menu.

Hi Chandom - - I was on this sailing. Only went to DL one night because we generally prefer a drink somewhere around the ship. Of course, we didn't learn of the Dazzles option until the end of the cruise. We were guests of friends with suite lounge/Costal Kitchen privileges so we did go to the SL and CK one evening.

Not sure of the breakout of the point level D+ cruisers but there were less than 24 at the ( over 350 point ) Officer lunch. It was a nice event. There was a separate event for Pinnacle members.

Thanks,

m

Never got a card myself, I'm under the 350 mark.

Every time I walked by the Loyalty Ambassador's office it was packed.

Stayed in a GS then CLS, enjoyed the three CK menus.

Wow!! I was on Rhapsody on 12/10 for a week. Did not spend a lot of time

online and missed out seeing your great review. Really good job! Thanks for supplying the

link! :)

Thanks, I'll be doing another one for Oasis Jan 15th. I'll be a commoner of Central Park for this sailing.

Debating if I should carry on the 2am tradition and start posting Saturday "morning".

Thanks, I'll be doing another one for Oasis Jan 15th. I'll be a commoner of Central Park for this sailing.

Debating if I should carry on the 2am tradition and start posting Saturday "morning".

I will watch for your posts. Have a wonderful cruise.

M

We had an excellent lunch with officers on the Jewel. I think it was in Chops. The food was samples of most of the specialty restaurants menus, so you could try lots of small portions and know what you would get in the restaurants.

We have also once had dinner on the captain's table in the MDR (Voyager of the Seas). It was a special menu with good wines as well (and they took a photo of us from the next level up). The captain, his wife and their family friend were on the table as well.

Edited by lucymorgan

Well! A lot to take in at one time. This will be our first cruise on the Oasis and only our 2nd cruise period. All the concerns I am reading are apparently only regarding to certain "class" members of the Crown & Anchor? Please help as I don't want this cruise to be a flop for my family. What are "D" or "D+" guests, Wow bands, CL or DL decks? We are taking our 2 sons and their wives and 2 young (7 and 4) children and want everybody to enjoy the trip. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Ignore much of the thread. People in here have gone down the rabbit hole and are splitting hairs and fighting about loyalty perks. 99% of this stuff will have no impact on your cruise at all.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

I'm sure you will have a fantastic time. You can join the RCI crown and anchor society after your first cruise with them, so if you have already cruised with them you can join now. Benefits are not great for the first few levels but you may as well join.

:)

Edited by lucymorgan

Well! A lot to take in at one time. This will be our first cruise on the Oasis and only our 2nd cruise period. All the concerns I am reading are apparently only regarding to certain "class" members of the Crown & Anchor? Please help as I don't want this cruise to be a flop for my family. What are "D" or "D+" guests, Wow bands, CL or DL decks? We are taking our 2 sons and their wives and 2 young (7 and 4) children and want everybody to enjoy the trip. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Diamond 'D,' Diamond Plus 'D+,' and I think CL Concierge Lounge and DL Diamond Lounge (correct me if I'm wrong).

Royal Caribbean has a loyalty program/club called Crown and Anchor. After your 1st cruise, you're eligible to become a Gold level member. As you accumulate cruise credits (these days usually 1/day of the cruise, or 2/day if you stay in a suite), you may eventually reach Platinum, then Emerald, then Diamond level, and so on. If the cruise we're booked on goes as we hope, my wife and I would be Emerald after it ends.

Each level in the Crown and Anchor Society has perks. Diamond is fairly distinctive in this regard (e.g.: access to diamond lounge). Here's a page on benefits.

Diamond level requires 80 points. That's 12 7-night non-suite cruises, attainable if you make cruising your go-to vacation of choice and stick to it several+ years. So it's attainable to a lot of dedicated cruisers. Diamond+ (and Pinnacle) - well, I doubt I'll be at D+ when they bury me, and I find it hard to imagine the lifestyle that would place a person in Pinnacle, but they do exist.

IIRC, the concierge lounge is for suite guests? Suite guests get various perks, too, but for paying higher fares rather than repeat business.

Richard.

As a Diamond member myself I would have been very upset with not getting better treatment regarding the missing perks. I was on the Freedom this past Nov and was dismayed by all the cut backs, so I skipping this years Spring cruise and doing an AI instead.

...This will be our first cruise on the Oasis and only our 2nd cruise period...We are taking our 2 sons and their wives and 2 young (7 and 4) children and want everybody to enjoy the trip. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.
Don't worry about doing everything. There is lots to do, and if you insist on doing it all in one week you will need a vacation to recuperate. Just enjoy what you are doing and don't fret about what you are missing.

RCI provides lots of places to spend additional money. Some people are blindsided by how much money they (or other family members) are spending. Check your Ship Account occasionally on your room TV or at Guest Services, so that you are not surprised by a bill of thousands of dollars (unfortunately I'm not kidding) at the end of the cruise. Fine if you want to, but it is possible to enjoy the cruise without breaking the bank.

The Adventure Ocean (AO) program for children gets good reviews by both kids and parents. Lots of activities and friends for the kids, and allows some free time for the parents (almost all at no additional cost). It is easiest for the kids to form friendships when everyone is new to the program, so stop in the first afternoon to meet the staff, learn about the activities and sign the kids up.

Enjoy the Oasis!

Thom

Here is what we found as Diamond Plus welcome items when we arrived in our cabin

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (except a letter welcoming us as Gold members)!

I guess turnabout it fair play. One our 11th cruise, our first at Port Canaveral we got an upgrade from D1 hump to a JS. I suspect it was due to a very late cancelation as we got that person amenities and invitations all cruise long.

BTW, It's not a bad drive from WV to Port Canveral.