Name a thing you would like to see on cruise ships...

BoiiMcFly

I'd like to see a dessert only restaurant. Not just a Ben and Jerrys or other ice cream/cake counter but a proper sit-down restaurant with crepes, waffles, sundaes, shakes, cakes etc. Sometimes I'm not taken with the dessert offerings in the in the mdr or buffet or I'm too full to properly enjoy them. It's nice to be able to enjoy dessert when I'm ready for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd like to see a dessert only restaurant. Not just a Ben and Jerrys or other ice cream/cake counter but a proper sit-down restaurant with crepes, waffles, sundaes, shakes, cakes etc. Sometimes I'm not taken with the dessert offerings in the in the mdr or buffet or I'm too full to properly enjoy them. It's nice to be able to enjoy dessert when I'm ready for it.

This is a great idea! I hope someone brings this to fruition.

Sand on the ship. Like a little beach area with artifical palm trees and a beach bar. Would be nice. Celebrity has the grass which is pretty neat.

The grass on Celebrity ships is a cool idea, but after two cruises on Silhouette and actually seeing it I'm not sure it added that much to my experience. It felt like a meticulously attended golf course. If you'd lay down like you'd do in a park, other passengers would probably think "why is that guy laying on the floor".

I think sand is better, and it needs to be a lot so kids can make holes and castles and grown ups can make pictures of their loved ones being buried in sand while being on a ship.

I want a cruise ship to be "boatier". If I wanted an amusement park, I'd go to one.

Also, I'd like to see more local culture...food and crafts, history and culture talks (instead of sales and shopping pitches), souvenirs relevant to the itinerary, etc. I went on one cruise (I can't for the life of me remember which one) and all the souvenirs available were for a completely different locale. :(

Some people will undoubtedly say it looks childish and maybe cheap, but I'd like to see pictures in the menus.

For instance, I want to see what the chef means by "scallops", because there are a million ways to serve them. "With chocolate" might mean melted chocolate, a huge chunk of it or sprinkled, it could be dark or white, etc.

I've seen pictures in the galleys showing what the dish should look like, those are exactly the ones I'd like to see before ordering.

• 3 weeks later...
Some people will undoubtedly say it looks childish and maybe cheap, but I'd like to see pictures in the menus.

For instance, I want to see what the chef means by "scallops", because there are a million ways to serve them. "With chocolate" might mean melted chocolate, a huge chunk of it or sprinkled, it could be dark or white, etc.

I've seen pictures in the galleys showing what the dish should look like, those are exactly the ones I'd like to see before ordering.

I am also a very visual person, so pictures of the dish would be pretty cool. And there's definitely ways you can add pictures and still keep it classy.

The grass on Celebrity ships is a cool idea, but after two cruises on Silhouette and actually seeing it I'm not sure it added that much to my experience. It felt like a meticulously attended golf course. If you'd lay down like you'd do in a park, other passengers would probably think "why is that guy laying on the floor".

I think sand is better, and it needs to be a lot so kids can make holes and castles and grown ups can make pictures of their loved ones being buried in sand while being on a ship.

Good point - the Celebrity lawns always struck me as kind of silly - while a big, deep sandbox would be a great activity for children.

Fishing from the cruise ship.

For me being at sea is the sole reason I book cruises and I'd like to reminded of being at sea all the time.

"11 AM Fishing contest, guests vs officers, Deck A aft"; "17:00 Fish BBQ, deck 11". A lot of waivers and far away from USPH and other inspections ("fish should be frozen", "guarantee guests won't eat the bait themselves") ofcourse, but that would be really cool.

On the dessert theme, I'd like to see more home style desserts. A piece of cake, a slice of pie. Things on that order. I get so tired of the fancy tortes, souffles, etc.

Lordy, lordy someone who shares my exact sentiment. At the buffet they have carrot cake, chocolate cake, all kinds of eclairs, cookies, puddings including my favorite, bread pudding, cherry pies and on and on. What do we get at dinner: tuti fruiti with olive oil, ***?

Good point - the Celebrity lawns always struck me as kind of silly - while a big, deep sandbox would be a great activity for children.

Yea, that would be great. Within 30 minutes there would be 3 metric tons of sand throughout every square inch of these beautiful ships. The cabin stewards would be overjoyed to have to vacuum sand everyday.

Lordy, lordy someone who shares my exact sentiment. At the buffet they have carrot cake, chocolate cake, all kinds of eclairs, cookies, puddings including my favorite, bread pudding, cherry pies and on and on. What do we get at dinner: tuti fruiti with olive oil, ***?

That is why we often skip dessert in the MDR and go to the buffet. If nothing appeals to us there (and on Princess it often doesn't), an ice cream cone will suffice.

Happy if they would just bring back actual Formal nights, and large screen movie theaters.

I agree, there should be a dedicated movie theater on every ship. It would be very cool if they had D-Box seats or even a 4-D theater.