Name a thing you would like to see on cruise ships...

BoiiMcFly

Not on Celebrity, Royal and Princess. They are still offering 24/7 RS. On Royal anything between midnight and 5:AM there is a surcharge. Not sure about Celebrity and Princess.

NCL charges $7.95 for all room service orders except for limited continental breakfast items available between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.

Oh ok interesting...how much of a surcharge are we talking about?

According to RCI's not so accurate website it's $3.95. But the only experience I have with room service is ordering coffee for my wife in the morning. She likes a cup while getting ready for the day.

PA announcements kept to reports from the bridge/arrivals in port, that kind of thing. No "here's your last chance for bingo," etc. I can read the ship's newsletter, thank you.

continued traditional dining for those who want it (sucks to be on a waitlist for this).

Not interested in going on a ship that's a theme park, but then I live within 50 miles of three of them (if I want, but not really). and I like being able to enjoy reading a chick lit book on the pool deck without the noise of inane hairy chest and lip sync contests.

Haha, I actually would. It'd be kinda cool if someone built a roller coaster or something on a ship! RC has the zip line and waterslides and even a merry go round. I'd love to see a coaster or maybe a free fall / drop ride inside the promenade!

Something like this that used to be in London! ha

Only if it's over the water ;)

A decent astronomical telescope with computerized tracking - and an at least somewhat trained guide for late night viewing of the really dark skies away from land. Short of that then a designated extra dark viewing area for satellite and meteor spotting with lounge chairs. The bow often works OK but no chairs to lay back on and avoid a stiff neck.

I miss decent piano bars too.

some great suggestions so far! I was thinking of lower deck suites with the walls facing the ocean made of glass. Kind of an underwater cruising experience. If you get tired of it, just press a button on the remote and the windows will fully tint giving you some "privacy."

Edited by BoiiMcFly

some great suggestions so far! I was thinking of lower deck suites with the walls facing the ocean made of glass. Kind of an underwater cruising experience. If you get tired of it, just press a button on the remote and the windows will fully tint giving you some "privacy."

Privacy? From the fish?

Burt

How about press a button and the window opens:eek::cool::eek:

I know modern cruise ships are like floating cities with all the features and great amenities they provide, but is there something missing that you would like to see on future cruises? Maybe something of a particular interest.

I think a ship simulator would be pretty cool. You step into the a virtual replica bridge of the ship you are on and can pretend to be Captain. Since Royal Caribbean already uses virtual balconies, they could use real-time wind and sea conditions during the simulation.

An alcohol free cruise . That is something that will never happen .

Carnival has already done it, but a full size movie theater. Although its something I can do at home, I love the idea of catching a movie at sea.

On my last cruise they showed a movie in the theater and I enjoyed it, but an actual theater would be nice.

Also, cheaper spa services would be fantastic so I can enjoy it one of these days.