Is connie that bad ????

ladybrockett

We spent Xmas and NY on Connie ...she is in great shape and Blu restaurant fantastic ..one thing I think has changed is the entertainment on board ...ONLY my opinion. ...normally a few days in and you know all the entertainment team including CD by name and laugh and joke with them ...this time, only Jess the activity host seemed approachable, and the CD was non existent during the daytime ...he only seemed to come out at night for the 11.30 late night show, which for us was just too late. There was also nothing organized on board on port days for those who decided not to get off ...not even morning wake up trivia which we have always had before ..that was only on sea days. As I said though, just my opinion and this would probably not bother the majority of people.

We are booked on Connie for a 30 day B2B in April. I can tell you I have to qualms at all about booking her.

I believe it is human nature to write a negative comment on board like CC than to take the time to write a compliment. I am sure that expectations are different for each of us, but I have never had a truly bad experience on Celebrity. Sure little things have gone wrong and some crew members are better than others.

I think it would really be helpful if more CC members post their positive experiences.

Seems much ado about nothing...

There are people if they were given a free cruise in the Penthouse Suite would complain about something not to their liking. Oh the horror's of Luminae, or that awful Persian gardens being too warm.

Have been on the Connie 4 times.

Last two cruises

March 2016 Caribbean

Liked the ship so much booked and went again

July 2016 Mediterranean

There is nothing one could get all worked about in a negative sense.

The ship is in great shape, the crew delightful.

Will take another cruise on Connie, no qualms what so ever.

Everyone looks at things thru a different lens.

For my tastes, you will have a great time on Connie.

Mirage

We were on the Connie last April and had a wonderful time. I do think that Aqua Class on the Solstice Class ships is a better experience. Better bathrooms, larger cabins, and more facilities for Aqua Class passengers. You will still enjoy the experience on Constellation, wonderful staff and officers and the ship is in good shape for its age.

OP are you on the 5 Feb cruise? If so we will see you on board :). Safe travels to Singapore - we live here so no need to fly out for embarkation. Am very excited about our trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. We Sail on the 26 Jan, so the one before you. We will take care of her........

Lady Brockett --

We sailed on the Connie April/May 2016 Rome to Venice. We had a fantastic cruise & the staff was friendly & happy. We enjoyed the cruise enough to book a 2nd cruise & will cruise out of Singapore in March of this year.

We always enter a cruise w/ a positive open mind & amazingly we always seem to enjoy ourselves!

If something is below the level that one expects or anticipates on a cruise coming to forums like this after the event and bellyaching about how bad things were they should have got hold of a supervisor , identified the problem and asked them to fix it. If the supervisor couldn't resolve it then the Hotel Director should would have.

If something is below the level that one expects or anticipates on a cruise coming to forums like this after the event and bellyaching about how bad things were they should have got hold of a supervisor , identified the problem and asked them to fix it. If the supervisor couldn't resolve it then the Hotel Director should would have.

In my case because there was nothing specific to complain about ...our room was fine, food was good ...but, we just didn't enjoy this cruise as much as we have done others....and I would have told the CD this if I had ever seen him. I did make these same comments on the end of cruise survey, but don't expect anything to be done about it.

Having said that, we have another cruise booked with X in July ...so not giving up on them just yet

In my case because there was nothing specific to complain about ...our room was fine, food was good ...but, we just didn't enjoy this cruise as much as we have done others....and I would have told the CD this if I had ever seen him. I did make these same comments on the end of cruise survey, but don't expect anything to be done about it.

Having said that, we have another cruise booked with X in July ...so not giving up on them just yet

I accept your comments that the cruise for a number of reasons didn't gel with you and there would be an element of your concerns in every cruise. On several threads on different forums we have seen comments about unclean cabins with passengers supposedly spending up to an hour cleaning. This is what I am getting on about. If the cabin is filthy then get the staff to clean it. Unhappy passengers mean no renewed contracts and that's where the rubber hits the road. If the powers to be are not aware of deficiencies then they cant resolve the issues

I recall many years back when we had booked with Princess our ship the sun princess was given scathing reviews. Rooms were dated and in fact our room had chips in the counter and some subtle staining on the carpet. You could see the wear and tear on this older ship with some rusts spots here and there. It was an older dated ship. While on our trip an engine caught fire due to electrical issues. We were stopped in the water for an entire day waiting for parts and technicians to be flown to us. Our sewer backed up a tad in our room. Princess gave us each 200.00 OBC and a 200.00 refund each on our fare. My point is despite the older ship with issues and the news we would have to miss a port due to the mechanical problems we had the BEST TIME. In fact it ranks as one of our favorite cruises. Why? Because we were NOT suffering in -50 below temps back home in northern MN, we had sunshine on our faces and we enjoyed meeting people who became our friends. The attitude you take with you is probably the most important part of your cruise.

Have a great time on your trip. Our first cruise was on the Constellation and each cruise after whether there was dust in our room or not has been so much fun.

We were on Connie in February. We also read all the negative reviews. Thought we booked a tuna barge. We had a fabulous time with not one complaint. Was one of our better cruises.

But again to each his own. Some people you could never make happy others are happy with anything...

We were on the same cruise. I agree.

To the OP, I liked the crew better than the Summit. That's not dissin Summit. Just I liked them better. We were in Aqua Class deck 11. Food was good. Service was good. You'll have a great cruise unless you don't want to.

If you've read any of my other posts, you'll see I'm not a cheerleader. I give my honest opinion at the time.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Only just over two weeks until our first trip on the Constellation,(in Aqua class) so obviously been trawling the forum for reports and reviews. Too late i know but you know how it is!!!

A little bit concerned about the negative thoughts of some critics.

Has anyone anything positive to say ?

Enjoy your Cruise.

Time will tell . I'm sure we will have a great time .

Certainly beats work !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will! Connie is a nice ship with a great crew. Some on here seem to have anger issues. Just a tip, if you see an awful review, enter their screen name in the search bar and you will probably find a series of negative rants about every ship and every cruise line on which they've sailed! It helps to weight the reviews

Only just over two weeks until our first trip on the Constellation,(in Aqua class) so obviously been trawling the forum for reports and reviews. Too late i know but you know how it is!!!

A little bit concerned about the negative thoughts of some critics.

Has anyone anything positive to say ?

I won't lie, When I was looking for my 50th birthday cruise last year I was disappointed to find the perfect itinerary on Connie and it took a bit of convincing for me to book. My previous M class sailing on Millennium was fine but we LOVED Solstice and didn't want to downgrade for a big birthday. I couldn't have been more wrong. We loved her. We loved the cabin, the food, the staff, everything was fantastic. I would not hesitate to sail her again and have in fact booked her for this November. She's completely changed my mind on the M class.

So please go and enjoy your cruise and ignore these one post wonders who have some kind of ax to grind.