Is connie that bad ????

ladybrockett

Since Century left the fleet, I think there's no bad ship in Celebrity anymore.

Hmmmmm.....and yet our very first cruise was on the Century, the year before they sold her. People made it sound like, yes, perhaps a tuna barge. At the very least it was a slum and full of holes and we'd be lucky if we didn't sink moments after sail away.

But we were determined to have a good time, no matter what. It was our very first cruise and we were going to love it. And we did. We fell in love with that little ship. We were so sad when they sold her.

I think if you are determined to have a good time you will and if you are determined to find fault, you will. Enjoy your cruise OP.

one of the issues is that smaller ships are the most allowed ships in some area ie venice, so if we are wanting to visit places like that we have to go with the smaller ships now and that goes for greece as well and the small ships are the ones like the Connie etc etc

one of the issues is that smaller ships are the most allowed ships in some area ie venice, so if we are wanting to visit places like that we have to go with the smaller ships now and that goes for greece as well and the small ships are the ones like the Connie etc etc

This is getting tiresome. There are 3 (or 4?) Threads about Connie. I love her, but how much more can be said?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

This is getting tiresome. There are 3 (or 4?) Threads about Connie. I love her, but how much more can be said?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I only asked the question as we are sailing on her on the 26th Jan and I had read several negative reviews.

Thankfully the majority of replies, (including yourself) have all been very positive so it has certainly put my mind at rest.

I sure we will have a great time on our first cruise in Asia, it will definitely be a change from our normally destination of the Caribbean at this time of the year.

Thanks for all your replies on the subject which we should now all put to bed !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to laugh to myself that we would think of a vessel like the Constellation (built in 2002) as "old" or not being modern :eek: I find her decor much more

modern than many ships built since. By comparison Atlantis resort in Nassau and the Bellagio in Las Vegas were both built in 1998. Very few would call those "old" resorts. We have been so spoilt by the glut of flashy Mega-ships in the last 15 years to where any ship more than 4-5 years of age people start to think of as "old". I had a client say they didn't want to book the Oasis of the Seas the other day because it was an "old" ship...... Luckily then cannot see me shaking my head and rolling my eyes over the phone :p

I also laugh when someone calls a 70-90,000 ton vessel "small". I've always considered Small as 35,000 tons or less, Mid-sized 35-70,000 tons, Large 70-125,000, Mega anything over 125,000. One of my colleagues said about the Navigator of the Seas recently that it was a "small, old ship"..... Really???? There was a time in the not too distant pass where 70,000 tons was called a Mega-ship.

I personally love the size and feel of ship like the Celebrity Millenium Class, RCCL Radiance and Vision Classes, HAL Vista and Signature Classes and Princess Island Class. Great range of amenities, rarely feel crowd, big enough to offer choices, but not so big that I wish there was a tram to get me from one end to the other. I also find the service on this size ship a tad warmer and more personal. After having done the EPIC and Escape the last two years I am done with the noisy, overcrowded Mega-ship behemoths for awhile.

Sorry to go off topic :D

I only asked the question as we are sailing on her on the 26th Jan and I had read several negative reviews.

Thankfully the majority of replies, (including yourself) have all been very positive so it has certainly put my mind at rest.

I sure we will have a great time on our first cruise in Asia, it will definitely be a change from our normally destination of the Caribbean at this time of the year.

Thanks for all your replies on the subject which we should now all put to bed !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sailed Connie in 2004 and again in 2013. The second time around she felt fresher, more modern and newer than she did when only 2 years old! She remains one of my top 5 favorite ships I have sailed - along with The Mercury, Century, Infinity and Solstice. I think my next favorite five would be RCCL's Serenade, Jewel and Radiance and HAL Eurodam and Island Princess (pre-refit), with HAL Oosterdam and Noordam missing the top 10 by just a hair :D

I try to ignore negative reviews when I cruise. I find once onboard most of the negatives people list are either very specific to their situation or have been put under way too big of a magnifying glass.

We were on the constellation in 2015 and the staff was amazing. The food in main dining we were absolutely amazing. Never have we dined in a restaurant on land with food this great! Yes she is an older ship, she does need renos.. we are not going to sugar coat we did find the ship somewhat a let down. .and honestly shabby yes. .the reviews on here are true don't think otherwise. .sure anyone can write anything but we have multiple posters with the same review ( i have read a poster acuse a few people of being the same person ) 🙈 they are all different people. .you will be so amazed at the ports you will not notice these things. .you will have a great time...we are craving that food every day here and actually wish we were on the Connie now..have a wonderful cruise

Edited by biscotti2016

I try to ignore negative reviews when I cruise. I find once onboard most of the negatives people list are either very specific to their situation or have been put under way too big of a magnifying glass.

Well said, and I agree. Our two cruises with HAL were on the Veendam, and as an older ship she certainly gets some scathing reviews. After booking our first cruise on the Veendam I read those negative reviews and wondered if we made a mistake booking that ship. But both of our trips on her were lovely. We love HAL, but thought it would be fun to try a different cruise line and port this time. We are looking forward to our time on the Summit.

We've been on Connie twice! Feels like home, and we felt well cared for by staff!

Preferred the bar crew in the Arctic to that in Adriatic, though. Drinks were fine, but too busy to become acquainted.

Our sommelier in the MDR was fantastic- we challenged her to bring us the best she could without bringing us anything from California, where we are from. She did well for most of the trip, but we cut her some slack for the last few days. Good sport!

Not fond of Tuscan. Not only was there some broken crockery in my salad, but the food was not of exceptional quality, and the emphasis was on upselling wine. Probably won't bother next time.

Overall, fantastic!

Connie a close 2nd to Silhouette for 2016 Ship of the Year. Rally a wonderful ship who will have a 10 day dry dock in May. Will ungo changes like the addition of Qsine and a Movie Under the Stars area on the top deck. Looks great on her sister M Class ships.

We're on this ship in July for a 9-day Adriatic itinerary. We have never been on Celebrity and we're trying Aqua Class deck 11 based on what we have read here. To be honest, the chance to ride on a ship of about two thousand passengers that still has a lot of the amenities is something we're really looking forward to. I never viewed this as a high risk choice.

We were on the constellation in 2015 and the staff was amazing. The food in main dining we were absolutely amazing. Never have we dined in a restaurant on land with food this great! Yes she is an older ship, she does need renos.. we are not going to sugar coat we did find the ship somewhat a let down. .and honestly shabby yes. .the reviews on here are true don't think otherwise. .sure anyone can write anything but we have multiple posters with the same review ( i have read a poster acuse a few people of being the same person ) �� they are all different people. .you will be so amazed at the ports you will not notice these things. .you will have a great time...we are craving that food every day here and actually wish we were on the Connie now..have a wonderful cruise

We are thinking about returning to cruising after many years and we loved the Constellation in the past. Glad to hear the food on the Constellation is good, but is it as you said: "Never have we dined in a restaurant on land with food this great!" Certainly the food was really good the last time we sailed on this ship so maybe Celebrity has upped their game in the food department. Good news for us.

Right know we are looking at a cruise on the Constellation. Would you kindly let us know why you think the ship is shabby and a let down. Also, what ports did you visit that were so great.

Thanks for your help in planning our return to Celebrity. We are thinking about a summer of '17 cruise that includes Venice.

Edited by Jeka

Connie a close 2nd to Silhouette for 2016 Ship of the Year. Rally a wonderful ship who will have a 10 day dry dock in May. Will ungo changes like the addition of Qsine and a Movie Under the Stars area on the top deck. Looks great on her sister M Class ships.

Well, ironically, Connie is our favourite M class ship and Silhouette is our favourite S class - and we didn't vote :D. We're on her again at the end of the year ;).

Well, ironically, Connie is our favourite M class ship and Silhouette is our favourite S class - and we didn't vote :D. We're on her again at the end of the year ;).

Bodes well for our July sailing on Silhouette! Connie is also a favourite of ours. Perhaps it's the company :D