Allure Cavier testing???

Don't recall a tasting on Allure (May 2016) or Oasis (Dec 2016)[nevermind about Oasis, just reread the original post].

I do recall seeing a sign promoting a "White Glove Service" in Coastal Kitchen on Allure. It was also mentioned in the menu in the Champagne Bar on Oasis.

Edited by chandom

We are on Allure in a couple of weeks and want to know if they offer Cavier tasting. Oasis had this tasting in Jan 16.

Caviar! The good old days, 5 course meal and Caviar on the Sovereign, Majesty, in 1988-early 90's. But sorry don't know about Allure, my daughter will be on it this weekend...

Caviar! The good old days, 5 course meal and Caviar on the Sovereign, Majesty, in 1988-early 90's. But sorry don't know about Allure, my daughter will be on it this weekend...

Loved the caviar on my cruises that only stopped about 10 years ago as far as I can remember , also loved that Champagne bar that offered caviar for a reasonable price in late 80's on Sovereign. Did a Costa cruise in 80's that served ( free) chilled Vodka with the caviar.

Loved the caviar on my cruises that only stopped about 10 years ago as far as I can remember , also loved that Champagne bar that offered caviar for a reasonable price in late 80's on Sovereign. Did a Costa cruise in 80's that served ( free) chilled Vodka with the caviar.

Actually had it in main dining room for free on Sovereign back then she was Royals Flagship and the biggest. Every nite was dress up nite back then... My 12 yr old daughter tried it, didn't like it but felt all grown up!

Jewel had "caviar" every evening at the champagne bar on our cruise in October 2012. The bartender (the famous Lorenzo) & I decided it was sunfish eggs ! Very small.

Good caviar is now almost unobtainable at any reasonable cost, since the breakup of the USSR the poachers have pretty much destroyed the Caspian Sea fishery.

Actually had it in main dining room for free on Sovereign back then she was Royals Flagship and the biggest. Every nite was dress up nite back then... My 12 yr old daughter tried it, didn't like it but felt all grown up!

I know, I always order a double portion when it was on the menu, loved Sovereign of the seas, it was also biggest ship when it 1st sailed, we saw it when we were in Barcelona last September, sailed her a couple of times

I think all Voyager and Radiance class ships had free caviar, with a purchased drink, in the Champagne Bar during "happy hour" for a few years. And the concierge lounges used to offer caviar once or twice a week for the cocktail hours. It was in little mini-crusts. Loved it.

We are on Allure in a couple of weeks and want to know if they offer Cavier tasting. Oasis had this tasting in Jan 16.

You may have misspelled this, I think you mean "Cadaver" testing.

If you check the cruise compass I think they do this around 3 in the morning on the 5 th day around the pool deck. I hear It's a great game, everyone gets a mirror and checks for signs of breath on the bodies in deck chairs scattered about. For every living person, you have to yell "we got a live one" and do a shot of Jameson. Winner is the first one to be mistaken for a cadaver themselves.

I don't know this for a fact, but I'm pretty sure it is what happens when I'm passed out on the pool deck.

SO says Caviar tasting was offered on Oasis when we sailed last Jan. I think it was on the daily specials. We had a conflict and didn't make it. We are hoping Allure will offer the same.

I don't remember seeing Caviar Tasting on Allure when we sailed in November but do know they have Caviar for $95 in Coastal Kitchen.

I don't remember seeing Caviar Tasting on Allure when we sailed in November but do know they have Caviar for $95 in Coastal Kitchen.

Great info, thank you. That means it is generally on the ship. We will be using CK on our Allure cruise in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums