Curious for everyones input.

So I have been on many cruises, and have went to many adult comedy shows. I have seen the comedy room completely full on many shows. I wonder if carnival would ever move the adult comedy shows back till maybe 11pm and move those shows into the main theater so there would be plenty of seating. What's your thoughts on that?

I would like to see the show moved to the main theatre - it seems we've always had a some kind of hassle trying to get seats for a show due to the lineups and full capacity ! :D

I've said that from the beginning of the comedy shows, that they could accommodate everyone who wants to attend in the main theater.

No lines and no one gets turned away. A different ambience than the small club setting, less "intimate" but more comfortable seating and sight lines (except Vista).

I think the comedians want a more intimate locale. Harder to pick on the front row in the main theater. Also the lighting is blinding in the main theater. The main might look too empty to them.

They don't have to work for Carnival. I'm sure there are smaller venues they can play in. I've seen Jerry Seinfeld in a larger venue than the main theater. Ultimately you have people paying for entertainment who don't get to see the comedy shows because the venue isn't large enough. I say give them an option, play the adult comedy in the main theater or do each adult show twice in the smaller club.

Edited by Saint Greg

They don't have to work for Carnival. I'm sure there are smaller venues they can play in. I've seen Jerry Seinfeld in a larger venue than the main theater. Ultimately you have people paying for entertainment who don't get to see the comedy shows because the venue isn't large enough. I say give them an option, play the adult comedy in the main theater or do each adult show twice in the smaller club.

The adult shows should be in main theatre. Too many paying customers cannot get in. I do not think comedians will refuse to work for CCL if they are asked to perform in bigger room.

Even worse is new ships have even a smaller venue for comedy than before.

The adult shows should be in main theatre. Too many paying customers cannot get in. I do not think comedians will refuse to work for CCL if they are asked to perform in bigger room.

Even worse is new ships have even a smaller venue for comedy than before.

I wasn't aware of that. That must be horrible. :eek:

Edited by Saint Greg

I think the comedians want a more intimate locale. Harder to pick on the front row in the main theater. Also the lighting is blinding in the main theater. The main might look too empty to them.

I would prefer that they not pick on front row people. I have been to some comedy shows that are nothing more than listening to the comedian's one-sided conversation with the front row people. I kept thinking, "I waited in line 30 minutes to listen to someone carry on a conversation with someone that I can't even hear their responses?" Everyone up front may have been having a good ole time, but those of us in the back were pretty disappointed.

I think the reason that they don't do that is because they spend so much time and money branding and promoting the comedy club. I think the easy solution would be more comedians. Have one in the theater at the same time as one in the comedy club.

I've sounded off about this before. I can't believe Carnival holds its customers in such contempt to make getting a seat for a comedy show a test of strength and bravery! Move the damned shows to a big enough room and make everyone happy!

Never understood why they dont do this. Paying customers are unable to see shows they want to see.

NO, agree that the comedy needs to be in a smaller venus (size of Magic comedy club prefect for that ship). In addition, the comedians are booked for several nights, several time slots and many chances to see them. We have early dinning so that we can get in line early enough for the first adult show as we are not usually up by the later shows OR have another show or something else to do (late dive in movie).

Cruise ships make it pretty easy to plan around dinner times (can even forgo MDR if need be) and different days to fit everything in. A little pre planning and you can fit it in.

I would prefer that they not pick on front row people. I have been to some comedy shows that are nothing more than listening to the comedian's one-sided conversation with the front row people. I kept thinking, "I waited in line 30 minutes to listen to someone carry on a conversation with someone that I can't even hear their responses?" Everyone up front may have been having a good ole time, but those of us in the back were pretty disappointed.

A good comedian will echo what that person says. "You said x to her? How did you think that'd work out?"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed. It gets old quick.

NO, agree that the comedy needs to be in a smaller venus (size of Magic comedy club prefect for that ship). In addition, the comedians are booked for several nights, several time slots and many chances to see them. We have early dinning so that we can get in line early enough for the first adult show as we are not usually up by the later shows OR have another show or something else to do (late dive in movie).

Cruise ships make it pretty easy to plan around dinner times (can even forgo MDR if need be) and different days to fit everything in. A little pre planning and you can fit it in.

On the cruises I've been on, the only shows repeated have been the family friendly. So if a comedian had 3 adult shows, they were all different...and I want to see all of them.

On the cruises I've been on, the only shows repeated have been the family friendly. So if a comedian had 3 adult shows, they were all different...and I want to see all of them.

I have been on sailings where the adult shows were repeats and the comic themselves actually informed the audience of this as the show was ending.

I agree that there needs to be some change to accommodate more passengers but I don't know what the best solution is. Perhaps it's as simple as changing the furnishings of the clubs. Might wind up being less comfortable, but would fit a larger audience and still maintain the small venue atmosphere. Alternately they could schedule more comedians and have repeat shows every time to accommodate more people.

I agree I would like to see more room but I'm not sure if the huge theater would be the answer. The smaller more intimate atmosphere just seems to add to a lot of these. I have seen a few comedians in both setting (small comedy club/large venue) and they crowd in the smaller places just seems to add more to the show. Last one we saw was Fluffy (Gabriel Iglesias) we saw him in a small comedy club in Tampa, then last year we saw him in a large venue in Detroit. Now mind you both shows rocked but at the small club after all of them were taking pictures signing autographs and during the show the crowd was just louder and more into it and he just kept going and going feeding off the energy in the place.

Dream class has very large comedy club but Vista (as well as Sunshine) has it in a much smaller room. They even promote watching it on cabin TV if you cannot get in. How sad is that:(

(emphasis mine)

I actually think recording the shows and playing them live is a GREAT idea; even better would be looping it instead of having the 34th or 35th showing of the Welcome Aboard show. It's good for at least three reasons:

1) I don't have to fight the crowds

2) I can manage my time better - there might be something equally good to do when the comedian is playing

3) If there's a comic that's stinking up the joint, I can easily and discreetly stop watching. Try doing that live. :eek:

On the original topic (comedians in the main theater), I'm of two minds on it. I do understand cruisers' desires to see the entertainment of their choice without having to brave the crowds. But a significant number of comedians really do prefer the more intimate stage.

So I have been on many cruises, and have went to many adult comedy shows. I have seen the comedy room completely full on many shows. I wonder if carnival would ever move the adult comedy shows back till maybe 11pm and move those shows into the main theater so there would be plenty of seating. What's your thoughts on that?

I wish they would move them to the main theater because every time I've gone to a comedy show (adult or family friendly) the room is packed to standing room only and there's still people crammed against the wall and spilling out the door. We usually send one person to the comedy lounge at least a half hour (if not more) before the show to save seats.

Celebrity had the comedian (Percy Crews II who I also saw on Carnival) in the main theatre. It was still packed. A real comedian can handle a larger venue and crowd just fine.

Move the comedy into the main theatre and put the stupid Hasbro in the comedy club because it is the biggest joke of them all!

Edited by firemanbobswife