Bait and Switch on RCCL website

mrak

Has anyone else has experiences where the main itinerary selection page shows one place, but when you actually get into booking, that price doesnt exist anywhere? It has happened to me so many times on the RC website that it's starting to feel intentional. However, what happened today takes the cake.

There was an incredible deal on the Oasis of the seas. Two different sailings were showing prices in the sub $450 range, so surely I thought this would be another of those prices that didn't exist. Low and behold, I got all the way to the booking screen and it was showing me a superior oceanview balcony room on deck 10 for $860 plus taxes and fees. I entered the names and clicked to proceed, and it kicked me back to the main screen. When I tried to go back in and book, the price was still there but it kicked me again. Eventually, the deal was totally gone and apparently I missed out. I am beyond frustrated and think this is very shady at worst, or poor customer care at best. :mad::mad::mad:

For the record, I understand prices fluctuate and deals begin and end. That is not what we are talking about here. I was actively in the process of booking; I had a room selected. I think Royal should offer that price but they are refusing.

Edited by mrak

Has anyone else has experiences where the main itinerary selection page shows one place, but when you actually get into booking, that price doesnt exist anywhere? It has happened to me so many times on the RC website that it's starting to feel intentional. However, what happened today takes the cake.

There was an incredible deal on the Oasis of the seas. Two different sailings were showing prices in the sub $450 range, so surely I thought this would be another of those prices that didn't exist. Low and behold, I got all the way to the booking screen and it was showing me a superior oceanview balcony room on deck 10 for $860 plus taxes and fees. I entered the names and clicked to proceed, and it kicked me back to the main screen. When I tried to go back in and book, the price was still there but it kicked me again. Eventually, the deal was totally gone and apparently I missed out. I am beyond frustrated and think this is very shady at worst, or poor customer care at best. :mad::mad::mad:

What cruise date? I don't see any deals less than about $900

I am looking at a cruise myself. I was looking at one (can't remember the exact one) filled out all the info. The crown and anchor which I could not remember was blank so I filled in that info in which it matched their records and they auto filled in the number. When I tried to go to the final page it would not let me saying "Your Crown and Anchor # is invalid"? therefore I could not get this deal.

April 16 $385

April 23 $368

Both are for balconies

Took screen shots and talking to management and waiting for call back Will be interested to see what happens if anything:rolleyes:

Please let me know what happens

April 16 $385

April 23 $368

Both are for balconies

Took screen shots and talking to management and waiting for call back Will be interested to see what happens if anything:rolleyes:

That is strange, cheapest price is for $931 interior for my browsing.... what are we doing different. I went to ships, on my pc, then find cruises on Oasis for April?????

Edited by troykahack

for the 23-Apr cruise I was getting $430pp and once it kicked me, the lowest price I was seeing was $1,048

As I posted on the other thread, I got the Oasis April 23 for $920.70 total, D7 Oceanview with balcony, about three hours ago. This was definitely a mistake in pricing similar to the Freedom Christmas cruise of a couple of years ago.

It was listed at $350 pp (approximately) and lasted for a very short period of time. I then tried to book the April 16 also, but the price went from $385 pp to over $1000 pp for an OV balcony by the time I had finished the process of booking the April 23. Happy we got at least one of the two.

The detailed pricing was as follows for the D7 on April 23:

$3,096.00

Taxes & Fees $225.70

Crown & Anchor Rates $250.00

Resident Disc $2,151.00

Final Price $920.70

The $2151 Resident Discount had to have been a mistake which was quickly fixed.

I agree that it is very frustrating to see a price on the first two or three pages at some figure that is not actually available in the final booking process. This occurred for about twenty minutes after they (or someone) fixed the two prices on the April 16 and 23 cruises today. Eventually they were in sync. This is definitely not the first time that I have seen this discrepancy.

Edited by Tagsalong

As I posted on the other thread, I got the Oasis April 23 for $920.70 total, D7 Oceanview with balcony, about three hours ago. This was definitely a mistake in pricing similar to the Freedom Christmas cruise of a couple of years ago.

It was listed at $350 pp (approximately) and lasted for a very short period of time. I then tried to book the April 16 also, but the price went from $385 pp to over $1000 pp for a balcony by the time I had finished the process of booking the April 23. Happy we got at least one of the two.

The detailed pricing was as follows for the D7 on April 23:

$3,096.00

Taxes & Fees $225.70

Crown & Anchor Rates $250.00

Resident Disc $2,151.00

The $2151 Resident Discount had to have been a mistake which was quickly fixed.

Yes, that thread is here.... the rates are gone and awesome to the lucky ones who got that rate.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2442271

April 16 $385

April 23 $368

Both are for balconies

I actually booked cruises in the past during a pricing glitch and they cancelled them citing website pricing error.

However, I am heading out on the Jewel next month in my balcony deal of $450pp including taxes that they did not cancel.

I actually booked cruises in the past during a pricing glitch and they cancelled them citing website pricing error.

However, I am heading out on the Jewel next month in my balcony deal of $450pp including taxes that they did not cancel.

Just curious as to how long after you booked did they cancel, and did they call you?

I have only been on two RCI cruises and only one of them was great, so I have no love lost to not sail with them again. I had a pricing issue with Carnival one time and all it took was a phone call and they gave me the difference back. I understand things happen, but I think they should do the right thing and honor the price. I even sent them screenshots to prove I wasn't full of crap and they wouldn't give me so much as a dollar off.

Just curious as to how long after you booked did they cancel, and did they call you?

The first time it was about 2 weeks. They (not sure which department) called and said their was a pricing glitch and they could not honor they price followed up with an email with the OBC credit. They did give me a 200.00 Future OBC coupon for their mistake. When I went to use the coupon on my sailing they said it was not valid. I called the number back that originally called me about the cruise cancellation and spoke to someone in mbayleys office,not resolutions or customer service and she was able to apply the coupon.

The second time I got an email within 2 hours saying the cruise price was incorrect and they would not be honoring it. Sorry.

Since then, I have not seen too many pricing errors other than a messed up formula for solo travelers that reduced the cost by 50% instead of increasing the cost. This happened on the main page,but changed when you continued with your booking.

I was just coming to post that I have not seen or heard of any of these errors in a while. I remember reading about those that did get cancelled.

We were fortunate that our Christmas 2014 pricing error was honored. We ended up in a D1 balcony Christmas week for around $900 total for 2 people.

April 16 $385

April 23 $368

Both are for balconies

I had something similar.

Took screen shots of the entire process, including the cabin selection confirming the price.

Only at the payment screen did it change.

Emailed them. Never heard back.

I was just coming to post that I have not seen or heard of any of these errors in a while. I remember reading about those that did get cancelled.

We were fortunate that our Christmas 2014 pricing error was honored. We ended up in a D1 balcony Christmas week for around $900 total for 2 people.

There was one when the Winter Adventure 2018 sailings were released the first day. for a bit. I snagged the RS for 2500 pp including taxes and a GS for 1100 pp including taxes. I think that deal lasted only a few hours.

There was one when the Winter Adventure 2018 sailings were released the first day. for a bit. I snagged the RS for 2500 pp including taxes and a GS for 1100 pp including taxes. I think that deal lasted only a few hours.

They are honoring that one aren't they? I think that was the one where the JS were priced less than a balcony, right?

I'm actually surprised more people aren't saying they've experienced this. This happens to me all the time on the RCI site. It'll show a good price for a room and when I open it, the price either completely changes or the category is sold out.

I've grown so accustomed to RCI IT problems that it just seems normal now. :rolleyes:

$725 for Canadians.:). Still surprised that they honoured that one.

Edit. Plus the $425 in OBC that we received for the altered itinerary.

Edited by Ourusualbeach