Bait and Switch on RCCL website

mrak

They are honoring that one aren't they? I think that was the one where the JS were priced less than a balcony, right?

Yes. They are honoring it. There was one that had the JS cheaper than balconies but I think that was because there were a lot of JS available and very few balconies.

I'm actually surprised more people aren't saying they've experienced this. This happens to me all the time on the RCI site. It'll show a good price for a room and when I open it, the price either completely changes or the category is sold out.

I've grown so accustomed to RCI IT problems that it just seems normal now. :rolleyes:

True, but this one allowed you to book the price all the way to the end. I booked it to see if my husband could go and final payment is not until the 16th if I need to cancel.

They are honoring that one aren't they? I think that was the one where the JS were priced less than a balcony, right?

Still honoring the JS for us, but we've got a long way to go until final payment.

If they tried to cancel anyone after having it booked for as long as you all have it would REALLY p--- me off

If they cancel us, I would like to engage your services as our resolution agent.

Yes. They are honoring it. There was one that had the JS cheaper than balconies but I think that was because there were a lot of JS available and very few balconies.

It had to have just been a good old fashioned mistake.:). That error was the day that the itineraries were first released, March 7, 2016. There would have had to have been motore balconies than JS's and it was on a large number of itineraries.

Has anyone else has experiences where the main itinerary selection page shows one place, but when you actually get into booking, that price doesnt exist anywhere? It has happened to me so many times on the RC website that it's starting to feel intentional. However, what happened today takes the cake.

There was an incredible deal on the Oasis of the seas. Two different sailings were showing prices in the sub $450 range, so surely I thought this would be another of those prices that didn't exist. Low and behold, I got all the way to the booking screen and it was showing me a superior oceanview balcony room on deck 10 for $860 plus taxes and fees. I entered the names and clicked to proceed, and it kicked me back to the main screen. When I tried to go back in and book, the price was still there but it kicked me again. Eventually, the deal was totally gone and apparently I missed out. I am beyond frustrated and think this is very shady at worst, or poor customer care at best. :mad::mad::mad:

For the record, I understand prices fluctuate and deals begin and end. That is not what we are talking about here. I was actively in the process of booking; I had a room selected. I think Royal should offer that price but they are refusing.

There's another thread that lists the Oasis April 16th and it's a state special for

Georgia for a C1 category at less than $700 per. Many have looked at it and it seems that the special rate was either an error or the supply was exhausted. Some were in the middle of the reservations and when they got to the pricing it all changed. I tried, but was not eligible for state of NJ rate. My C1 cabin for April 16th (Easter) came at $1,200 per. Looked at Allure for the same date and cabin and it was a bit less than $1,000 inclusive of the D+ balcony discount. No bait & switch--either error or supply was exhausted, just like airplane seats.

There's another thread that lists the Oasis April 16th and it's a state special for

Georgia for a C1 category at less than $700 per. Many have looked at it and it seems that the special rate was either an error or the supply was exhausted. Some were in the middle of the reservations and when they got to the pricing it all changed. I tried, but was not eligible for state of NJ rate. My C1 cabin for April 16th (Easter) came at $1,200 per. Looked at Allure for the same date and cabin and it was a bit less than $1,000 inclusive of the D+ balcony discount. No bait & switch--either error or supply was exhausted, just like airplane seats.

I was more referring to the constant incorrect prices shown on RC's website. This was just the straw that made the camel post on Cruise Critic, because I got all the way through booking twice showing that price and it kicked me both times. I have never had these issues on any other site. Hell, even ticketmaster who is the worst company on the planet will reserve your seats as long as you are in the purchase screen. Two people should not be able to attempt booking the same room at the same time.

Still honoring the JS for us, but we've got a long way to go until final payment.

So you got a JS at a great price.... awesome... did you happen to look at GS rates... I know they are long gone, but I can call CR and see.... but 7 days may be a little long to fit into our schedule

So you got a JS at a great price.... awesome... did you happen to look at GS rates... I know they are long gone, but I can call CR and see.... but 7 days may be a little long to fit into our schedule

Sorry, never did look at GS rates.

Couple times happened to me like OP. I had wrong state picked, got a state discount I didnt live in, then when final price was more as lived in different state... In Nov/Dec, cant remember exactly but people on here were talking about it, there was a "Glitch" on Royals site. I was sailing alone, gave me 50% off 1st passenger and 100% off second, my Balcony discount and Military discount. I ended up with 2 bed 2 bath 10nite on Serenade for $1200 total, all to myself. Was cheaper then a balcony D/E cabin. Also got a D1 11 nite on Serenade cabin 9256 for $900 total, not bad for last min. Ended up doing B2B2B2B with 1st 2 cruises already scheduled, was on Serenade from Oct30 BOS/FLL Repo until Dec23. So does happen as others have stated...

• 4 months later...

First time posting but glad that someone else brought up how I feel. I have gone every day on Royal Caribbean's website to scope out Alaskan cruises for May 2019...a full 2 years out just to see what pricing is like. I looked today and found a Hawaiian 12 day cruise so I figured I would look into that one. It advertised for a balcony something like $2499/pp. But once I got a couple more screens in...they almost DOUBLED that price to just over $4200/pp. WTH! Even with dropping off the 60% for the 2nd passenger it was still over a $1000 more than if the $2499 price had stayed consistent. Thus far I have not been able to get a rate that is consistent with what they advertise on their own website. I can handle a few hundred bucks difference but almost DOUBLE. Forget it!

There was one when the Winter Adventure 2018 sailings were released the first day. for a bit. I snagged the RS for 2500 pp including taxes and a GS for 1100 pp including taxes. I think that deal lasted only a few hours.

My friends and I ran into this same deal on GS for Feb 2018. By the time a couple of them were able to get online, the price had shot up over $1000. Actually, my single supplement price, all-in, was $1800.

First time posting but glad that someone else brought up how I feel. I have gone every day on Royal Caribbean's website to scope out Alaskan cruises for May 2019...a full 2 years out just to see what pricing is like.

Welcome to CC. Look at 2018 to gauge pricing - RCI won't release those 2019 itineraries until about March of next year.