Cruise Brochures in Snail Mail

Lois R

Anyone else get "Multiple Brochures" from other companies in the mail?

All of a sudden I am getting Oceania and Regent Brochures CONSTANTLY

in the mail.........just wondering if this happens to other people too?

I have called them both and told them to stop sending them......they

have my correct last name but for some reason they ALL say Mr LEONARD

------ I have no idea who that is or why I keep getting them. But I guess

my name got put on other cruiseline's mailing lists:rolleyes:

Yes, I Am getting them from multiple lines. No big deal for me to recycle them before opening.

I have asked a few to stop sending, to no avail, then again, no big deal, it is their postage, not mine. I just recycle.

It is just like the emails I get, if at first or second time they do not remove me, I set them for auto trash. No big deal, No big bother, No involved time thinking about it....

bon voyage

Companies buy and sell mailing lists all the time but so far it doesn't appear that Celebrity is the guilty party.

How would those other cruiselines get my address? With the correct last name but the wrong first name?

YES, bi-weekly from Oceania ever since I did a booking. This is a regular gripe on O board. O even inserts pamphlets into Wall Street Journal print subscribers. (You can run but can't hide)

A Marketing exec at O said they believe they need to keep their potential customers' attention with frequent mailings, so its a conscious strategy.

BTW, just completed first O cruise in Dec after 30 with X. Top-notch higher-$ product offering different, varied longer itineraries. Bottom line: I would rather have 3 X cruises for same total $ outlay as 2 on O. Elite+ perks do affect my bias. HAPPY CRUISING

Since we booked with X Thanksgiving weekend, my email has exploded with offers from just about everyone - Carnival, NCL, RCCL, Princess, HAL, more offers from X, Crystal, and Oceania. Oh yeah, also a Steamboat River cruise line here in the US. Snail mail, not so much. Yet. :D

Edited by galensgrl

Since we booked with X Thanksgiving weekend, my email has exploded with offers from just about everyone - Carnival, NCL, RCCL, Princess, HAL, more offers from X, Crystal, and Oceania. Oh yeah, also a Steamboat River cruise line here in the US. Snail mail, not so much. Yet. :D

My e-mail from Celebrity is insane. Seems like almost one a day wanting me to book excursions for cruise in the fall of 2018. Right. My guess is that excursions are not even available yet for that cruise. I have 3 cruises before that one. Also lots of advertising. So, those who wish they could get e-mails from Celebrity--be careful what you wish for!

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Yes...and it is ridiculous. The irony is that although we still cruise around 100 days a year, we rarely look at any cruise brochure (we do all our research online). The worst of the lot is Viking River/Ocean cruises who sends us 3-4 copies of everything. We have tried to stop it by both calling and e-mailing that company..to no avail. When we are away on 2 month trips, and have our mail held...we arrive home to many pounds of cruise brochures which quickly find their way to the trash bin.

Hank

I get tons of brochures from every cruiseline BUT Celebrity. It's very difficult to get a brochure from them. I think that's rather funny.

We also get tons of brochures from Oceania and other cruise lines but actually enjoy thumbing through them.

I thought from the title of this thread that it was going to address my problem.

I have called Celebrity, spoken to Captain's Circle reps and signed up on their website at least 10 times to get brochures and have NEVER received anything!

This is over the last 2 or 3 years and I've now given up.

Does anyone get actual printed brochures from Celebrity?

Edited by chamima

If a day goes by that I do NOT get some sort of brochure, leaflet, etc. from a cruise line I feel ignored! Not really, but I do get at least one item every day. Mostly HAL and Cunard and Princess. I NEVER get anything in regular mail from NCL (altho I have sailed with them twice) and rarely get anything from X or RCL. However, I do get at least one, and sometimes two, emails a day from the latter two.

Since I am a postal retiree I don't mind all the snail mail (and I do hate that expression) as it ensures my pension!