My Time Dinning

ERIE 13

Once again, can someone explain how this works. Looks like I may get stuck with this on our next cruise. Not Happy about it. Will try to fix it when we get on board. Right now we are on a 530 wait list.

You have your choice of making advance reservations, showing up whenever you want, or any combination day to day.

We started using my time dining when it was first introduced and have not returned to assigned dining since .They attempt to increase two tops by separating tables by 8 inches or so . Also they will try to seat you in the same section if possible so you get to know your wait staff .Time flexibility is the big benefit but they do have peak times between 7 and 815 and there is usually a wait .They encourage you to make a reservation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once again, can someone explain how this works. Looks like I may get stuck with this on our next cruise. Not Happy about it. Will try to fix it when we get on board. Right now we are on a 530 wait list.

Works like Traditional but way better. You can set your time the same every night and usually get the same table, if you want. The food and service is the same. The advantage to MTD, is that your have options with all of those. Absolutely no reason to be concerned.

We did MTD on our last cruise. I made online reservations for 5:30 every night. We really liked our wait staff the first night and requested the same table for the rest of the week. It was basically like doing traditional dining without table mates. It worked great for us.

Sandy

Has anyone ever had My Time dining with kids? We tried to get the 6pm Family dining, where they serve the kids quickly and they go to the club while adults stay to enjoy the rest of the meal. However, it was filled and we are on the waitlist.

We did get assigned My Time Dining, and while I can see the advantages to having flexibility, I DO want to be able to send my kids along to the club after they are done eating. Has anyone successfully done this?

On our last 4 cruises we have found the waiter staff in My Time Dining to be a better experience then MDR. We changed from MDR to My Time on our cruise on Legend, because most of the waiters were new to the ship.

I think RCI is trying to make this an extra, to make more money on. If you request MTD when you book, automatic gratuities will be add automatically. If you cancel the auto gratuity you go back to MDR timing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our last 4 cruises we have found the waiter staff in My Time Dining to be a better experience then MDR. We changed from MDR to My Time on our cruise on Legend, because most of the waiters were new to the ship.

I think RCI is trying to make this an extra, to make more money on. If you request MTD when you book, automatic gratuities will be add automatically. If you cancel the auto gratuity you go back to MDR timing

Pre-paying gratuities in advance is no longer required for My Time Dining.

Edited by marys350

We did MTD on our last cruise. I made online reservations for 5:30 every night. We really liked our wait staff the first night and requested the same table for the rest of the week. It was basically like doing traditional dining without table mates. It worked great for us.

Sandy

5:30pm wasn't an option for us, but we'd prefer that also! We enjoy a longer evening, carefully planning so we can see / do as much as possible in the way of entertainment, music, dance, movie, comedy shows.

Has anyone ever had My Time dining with kids? We tried to get the 6pm Family dining, where they serve the kids quickly and they go to the club while adults stay to enjoy the rest of the meal. However, it was filled and we are on the waitlist.

We did get assigned My Time Dining, and while I can see the advantages to having flexibility, I DO want to be able to send my kids along to the club after they are done eating. Has anyone successfully done this?

We saw no difference in the speed of service the two times we've been set up with MFTD.

When DS is done and wants to go to the club one of us takes him.

Except for last March when we managed to be seated with another couple with a same aged kid who had been on bunches of cruises, and knew just where the counselors wait, and she took herself there and my son followed.

Speed of dining was solely up to them though. The servers did nothing different.

...I think RCI is trying to make this an extra, to make more money on. If you request MTD when you book, automatic gratuities will be add automatically. If you cancel the auto gratuity you go back to MDR timing

This entire statement is incorrect.

This is our first time MTD too. My question is, are you rushed at all to fit everyone in or do you have as long as traditional dining?

Thank you.

You are not rushed. We like meeting new people so we usually ask for a 6 or 8 top. Sometimes we dine with the same people and other cruises we've met dined with others. Last cruise we mainly had a 2 top....not our first choice...but we liked the waiter. We were by the window and we happily chatted with the table next to us. Almost like being at a table for 6.

We like the flexibility of dining times.

This is our first time MTD too. My question is, are you rushed at all to fit everyone in or do you have as long as traditional dining?

Thank you.

Never have felt rushed with MTD but have felt rushed before with traditional as the waiters seemed in a hurry to reset the dining room

You are not rushed. We like meeting new people so we usually ask for a 6 or 8 top. Sometimes we dine with the same people and other cruises we've met dined with others. Last cruise we mainly had a 2 top....not our first choice...but we liked the waiter. We were by the window and we happily chatted with the table next to us. Almost like being at a table for 6.

We like the flexibility of dining times.

We like meeting new people two but ask for table for 2. Then we make friends with other people at a table for two or four. :)