Question About A Hold On A Cruise With Princess Online

princess09

I put a hold on a cruise online on Princess. The cabin is held for 3 days at which time the deposit must be paid. If I decide against the cruise, do I just let it expire? There is no place online to cancel.

Yes, the cruise hold expires, you don't have to do anything.

• 6 months later...
hmm been over 3 hours. hard to believe someone scooped it up that quick.

also it shows up in my planner as still my room.

That's your answer. Your hold on the cabin has not been fully released, and thus it is not available to others. Sometimes it takes a while for the computer systems to update everything.

I put a hold on a cruise online on Princess. The cabin is held for 3 days at which time the deposit must be paid. If I decide against the cruise, do I just let it expire? There is no place online to cancel.

Let it expire.

• 4 months later...
can you have more than one cruise on hold?

i have one for next month on hold and tried to do another and cannot. assume this means you cannot? :)

I've had several different cruises on hold at once as we worked through travel dates and ootions. You can have several hold for same cruise, ie different categories of cabins (or at least I was never able to do so) but we've definitely had more than one cruise (different dates or itineraries) on hold at a time

when the hold expires at 12 tonight can i put another one on 'right away'..same room. i have a nice obst balcony that i chose on hold now. decision will very likely be made tomorrow

I'm guessing you already have your answer as your time has expired. However, for most cruises, it is usually possible to have your hold extended by calling princess.

here's something interesting. the site was down last night and apparently something strange happened. instead of the hold expiring , it didnt

it now says payment due 12/9 or this will be canceled and instead of the particular obst balc that i had picked out, it now says i have BF guaranteed. my cruisemate likely will not be going so i was just letting it expire but now this is torture. plus cruise is now sold out and not even online anymore

• 8 months later...

i found this old thread on holds but it doesnt seem to answer my current question. if a hold expires on 8/30/18. does that mean it expires at midnite between aug 29 and aug 30. or that it expires between aug 30 and 31st?

i'm assuming the latter but dont want to assume :)

i found this old thread on holds but it doesnt seem to answer my current question. if a hold expires on 8/30/18. does that mean it expires at midnite between aug 29 and aug 30. or that it expires between aug 30 and 31st?

i'm assuming the latter but dont want to assume :)

It expires at close of business on the 30th.