How long does it take to disembark?

if the stars align and you are willing to do self disembark and get up early enough to be in the front of the line, you may be off, through Customs/Immigration, and en route NLT 0800.

but there is a reason why the cruise lines do not recommend any flights before noon in most cases.

just keep in mind that arriving at 0600 does NOT necessarily mean 30 minutes later they will clear the ship to disembark. we arrived on time once before but the weather was so bad/windy that they could not bring the gangway over to the ship safely so we could not begin disembarking until nearly 0830. and in that particular port, the airports are much further away than PC/FLL

Edited by spookwife

if the stars align and you are willing to do self disembark and get up early enough to be in the front of the line, you may be off, through Customs/Immigration, and en route NLT 0800.

but there is a reason why the cruise lines do not recommend any flights before noon in most cases.

just keep in mind that arriving at 0600 does NOT necessarily mean 30 minutes later they will clear the ship to disembark. we arrived on time once before but the weather was so bad/windy that they could not bring the gangway over to the ship safely so we could not begin disembarking until nearly 0830. and in that particular port, the airports are much further away than PC/FLL

For some unknown reason it MIGHT take CBI longer to clear the ship so they can start onboard passengers from getting off. My wife and I were in Miami, supposed to board the ship at 1:30 and departure time was 4pm. Beautiful day, ship arrived on time, boarding area was full, over 3000 passengers about to bust with excitement, boarding time (3:30) came and went and nothing.. Finally, they made an announcement that 'there was some sort of customs problem' and boarding couldn't proceed till customs cleared the ship. My goodness !! Have you ever heard such a GROAN in your life !! Finally, at 3:30 they staring letting the onboard passengers off, and customs did agree that once a certain number were off the equal amount were allowed to board. If customs had demanded boarding not start till ALL the onboard were off the ship ?? It'd been even longer before we sailed. We never did hear the exact reason what the customs problem was, rumors swirled,but all I cared about was, WE WERE FINALLY CRUISING !! Yipeeeee !

Mac

It took us an hour to get off the ship and thru customs last month doing self assist. We were still off by 7:30 but it was not the smooth process that it was when the ship was down in Ft Lauderdale. I read that it was the same on some other cruises lately up here in PC

It took us an hour to get off the ship and thru customs last month doing self assist. We were still off by 7:30 but it was not the smooth process that it was when the ship was down in Ft Lauderdale. I read that it was the same on some other cruises lately up here in PC

We're you close to the front of the line to get off?

We're you close to the front of the line to get off?

No the line went out onto the deck and that's where we were at around 6:30-6:40. We thought of waiting until around 7:30 but I just read on another post about another Oasis sailing that they did that and it took about an hour as well.

The one thing we liked about that class at least when it was in Ft. Lauderdale is the self assist went very smoothly and quickly not sure why it is not doing that up here in PC

Edited by molly361

No the line went out onto the deck and that's where we were at around 6:30-6:40. We thought of waiting until around 7:30 but I just read on another post about another Oasis sailing that they did that and it took about an hour as well.

The one thing we liked about that class at least when it was in Ft. Lauderdale is the self assist went very smoothly and quickly not sure why it is not doing that up here in PC

Interesting. Could be that they are still learning to deal with Oasis in PC. I would expect that over time it would get better. Our experience at Terminal 10 at PC was always very positive, those folks had it down to a science.

Interesting. Could be that they are still learning to deal with Oasis in PC. I would expect that over time it would get better. Our experience at Terminal 10 at PC was always very positive, those folks had it down to a science.

I was wondering if there is still 2 disembarkation points now that the ship is in PC. We disembarked next to the Champagne Bar. I know when the ship was in FLL they also had a disembarkation point next to Sorrento's. Maybe there is only 1 up here in PC. If so I hope that changes

Realistically, what time could we leave the ship?

The standard answer for virtually any ship in any port is 30 minutes after arrival. Assuming the ship is on time and you are willing to get in line early for self-disembarkation, walking off at 7 AM is realistic and you could make a 9:30 AM flight. But, if you have flexibility, stay on board till about 9:30, let the masses thin out before you disembark, take a leisurely transfer to MCO and book a 1PM flight.

Twisterfreak is correct, two gangways.

One at Sorrento's and the other at Champagne Bar.

I know getting off in December the Champagne Bar one was packed. This time we used the Sorrento's one and it was empty.

Only hold-up was entering the luggage hall for about 5 minutes. After that it was just about non stop moving. Maybe 5-10 min wait in line for an agent. Rest of the time was looking for a bag.

Sent from a mobile device

Took about 2 hours to get off ship and thru customs in October. 4 customs agents on duty. Have downloaded the customs app on my phone. Supposedly it helps. We'll see in march!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd suggest booking flights in the afternoon. Should allow for slight delays, but in the case of bad weather, you may not make that afternoon flight. We had problems in Port Everglades when the luggage ramp wouldn't line up. And we heard of luggage ramp issues in San Francisco too.

Once in Galveston they found drugs in the luggage, and customs had to check everything that much more thoroughly. I think they were letting the last of the passengers off at 3 pm.

Off Oasis this morning. We were near the front of the line for self disembark. Started disembarkation at 6:25, onboard shuttle to the parking by 6:40, on the road at 7:00 am.

Gerry

What time did you get in line to be near the front?

We just got off the Oasis this morning.

Walk-offs left early, we were in group 2 scheduled off at 7:55 but called at 7:45. Got luggage and standing waiting for shuttle at 8:15.

Used Contrans shuttle to Orlando. left at 8:30 with 14 passengers and dropped off at Air Canada doors at 9:20. We were through security and at our gate at 9:55.

Flow at the pier was smooth and at a slow walk. Any flight after 11:00 could work well.

Probably best after 12:00.

We assumed (incorrectly it turns out;) ) that we could do like we have done in Ft Lauderdale and just go down around 6:30 - 6:45 and walk right off the ship

Looks like we will have to tell folks to get in line around 5am to be at the front.