Question About Crown And Anchor Status & Points

I am currently Emerald with 59 C & A points. Next month, I will be on a 14 night cruise in a junior suite, which means double points (28). Therefore, by the end of the cruise, I will have 87 points, taking me up to Diamond.

I have heard that during the upcoming cruise, I can ask Guest Services / Loyalty desk to update my profile so that I can take advantage of the Diamond benefits. Is this correct? This is because I will have reached the 80 points required to qualify for Diamond.

Points are always awarded AFTER you complete your cruise. So no, you cannot ask to be upgraded to the level because you won't have the points until AFTER you return. The next cruise you will get to enjoy your Diamond benefits!

I am currently Emerald with 59 C & A points. Next month, I will be on a 14 night cruise in a junior suite, which means double points (28). Therefore, by the end of the cruise, I will have 87 points, taking me up to Diamond.

I have heard that during the upcoming cruise, I can ask Guest Services / Loyalty desk to update my profile so that I can take advantage of the Diamond benefits. Is this correct? This is because I will have reached the 80 points required to qualify for Diamond.

Unfortunately you heard wrong. Points are not awarded until after the completion of your cruise. You will be diamond and have all of those benefits on your next cruise.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Only PC are awarded status during a cruise. You my ask and depending on the LA, it may or may not be awarded.

So many will tell you no, but try just the same. Not sure what benefit you are looking for.....

I think they have upgraded someone during a cruise, but, I believe the person had made the qualifying points on a first leg of a B2B and were technically the next status up for the second half of the B2B. And possibly if you make the points on the first or second day of a cruise, but highly unlikely they will do that. Just ask....worse they could do is say no.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As pointed out, points are not awarded until the cruise is complete meaning you don't really achieve Diamond status mid cruise. I do know that is one of the questions most asked of the Loyalty Ambassador. Some people have claimed to have been upgraded to the next level but I think that is very rare.

We turned Diamond on our Thanksgiving cruise, but our status was not changed until our Christmas cruise.

One thing, if you book another cruise while onboard at Next Cruise, you can ask them for the Diamond level discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We turned Diamond on our Thanksgiving cruise, but our status was not changed until our Christmas cruise.

One thing, if you book another cruise while onboard at Next Cruise, you can ask them for the Diamond level discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Next Cruise will generally give you discounts for status that you have the pts for on current cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think they have upgraded someone during a cruise, but, I believe the person had made the qualifying points on a first leg of a B2B and were technically the next status up for the second half of the B2B. And possibly if you make the points on the first or second day of a cruise, but highly unlikely they will do that. Just ask....worse they could do is say no.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We made D+ after the first leg of a b2b2b last August. During the first cruise I went to the Loyalty Ambassador and she confirmed our points. We were then able to get the D+ perks on our second and third cruises. Our sea pass cards still had us as Diamond but the concierge put a sticker on them that said Plus.

One funny think about ours occurring that way, they gave us our D+ pins then but we just did a cruise a couple of weeks ago which was our first cruise with Diamond Plus actually printed on our sea pass cards and about half way through the cruise we got more pins and a letter congratulating us on making D+.

points are not awarded until AFTER the cruise ends. best you can hope for is that if you book another cruise on board, you will be allowed to apply the Diamond balcony discount.