cloth

funanyone

It would be helpful to know what cruise line you are interested in learning about, but as to RCI and Celebrity, the answer is no. And I would suspect the same for most lines. Perhaps others can confirm.

Just curious - not sure how many wet or damp clothes you would need to hang other than the day's bathing suits, which would typically fit fine in the bathroom line. On a longer cruise I would think you would use the ship's laundry service or on ships that offer it, the self service facilities if needed for laundering clothes, which would then also utilize the ship's dryers.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

None of Norwegian cruise ships have washer nor dryer. First time on this line. I'm doing a 15 day cruise. I have free wash on Carnival and Royal Carribean have washer and dryer. I have use the one in the shower area and have use cheap hanger I bring on ship, but 15 days with a roomate its a little too much. With a small cloth line we could tied it from one side to the other side on the wall. Perhaps tied around lamps that are on the wall.

HAL h as a retractable light t weight clothes line over most tubs and from wall to wall in most showers. Every CABIN I OCCUPIED ON hAL has always had RETRACtable clothes line.

fYou don't say what ship but there are self seve laundry on someHAL ships. or you can sendout your laundry. c for washing and/ or pressing.

If

Edited by sail7seas

None of Norwegian cruise ships have washer nor dryer. First time on this line. I'm doing a 15 day cruise. I have free wash on Carnival and Royal Carribean have washer and dryer. I have use the one in the shower area and have use cheap hanger I bring on ship, but 15 days with a roomate its a little too much. With a small cloth line we could tied it from one side to the other side on the wall. Perhaps tied around lamps that are on the wall.

No washers and dryers on any RC ship so perhaps you were thinking of a different line. There is a laundry on board that you can send items to. On a 15-day cruise there will also be a laundry special for items that can be stuffed in a paper bag, usually for $30. This is only for underwear, t-shirts, socks, etc.

You could hand wash items in the bath room, roll in a towel, and then clip to a hanger and hang for the ceiling.

Hang hand washing on a hanger, and hang the hanger from the air vent in the cabin, if you want your stuff to dry in less than 24 hours. NO RCI or Celebrity ship has self laundromats.

Edited by cb at sea

On longer cruises (like transatlantics with sea days) we take medium size spring type woodworking clamps and dry a few hand wash items on the balcony chairs - clamped to keep from blowing away. We try to avoid cotton which dries slow and favor synthetic fabrics that dry fast. Only when underway and never when docked (looks tacky). Used to be people would worry about smokers above dropping lit butts or embers onto clothes below but with all the major lines now prohibiting smoking on balconies that's no longer an issue.

But we always also take advantage of the day with the fixed price laundry bag deal.

Thank you all for all your imput. Many of your ideas I have done before. I have loved when I have had a balcony room but most of the time I have an interior or window. My bad RC don't have washer and dryers. I guess Carnival is the only one that I know of. Again thank you all :)

Thank you all for all your imput. Many of your ideas I have done before. I have loved when I have had a balcony room but most of the time I have an interior or window. My bad RC don't have washer and dryers. I guess Carnival is the only one that I know of. Again thank you all :)

HAL has sef sservice laaundries on some ships.

We took clothesline and clothespins with us on a 2 week cruise and hung things from our balcony. Easy to find our cabin from shoreside!

I really hope this was tongue-in-cheek ! A t-shirt or swimsuit over the back of a chair, maybe, but a clothesline and clothes pins? OMG! :eek: :D

Unless you were looking for it you wouldn't see it. It was 12 stories up and shore was industrial, so no one was there taking photos for postcards. And it was far enough back on the balcony that the folks on either side of us couldn't see it.

What's the harm? It was a ship with no passenger laundry and we wanted to dry bathing suits.

Edited by Nitemare

Hi there funanyone,

I take along a travel clothesline (Sea to Summit brand) which packs inside it's own travel pouch about 2" total so it takes up virtually no space in luggage and comes with small clips built into line which squeeze together to keep your clothes on the line. I just string it across one side of my stateroom overnight so it doesn't get in the way or annoy room steward trying to clean. Works great and doesn't take up shower space!

Try it, I think it may be just what you're looking for!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Thank you stickgirl87 just what I was looking for, store near me carrys it I will be getting one this week. I so glad you knew what I was looking for. Went to Youtube and there is a demostration on it. There are others types but this one is perfect. Again thx

This will end my seach. Thanks again to all that responded.

:)

@stickgirl

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I have had no-pin clothes lines before but this one looks better, packing smaller. Thanks for the tip!

And thanks SPacific -- I have REI physical store near me, I will save paying tax over paying postage.

Edited by crystalspin